• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 7:52 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 6, 2020
12 posts
2 upvotes

Leasing a cpo audi

Just wondering how this works, so I saw the CLA deal in calgary where they were leasing a cpo car with a residual or a new car, are other brands willing to do that with their very little used cpo cars. For e.g here is an 2019 audi A4 with only 10km being sold as a CPO https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/used-cars ... I3MA=.html . Can I lease this for 3years/60k km? @booblehead in case the answer is yes, what would my payments look like with audi care/tire protection package etc if we could get the price down to 40k(if you think that's possible)?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1770 posts
1343 upvotes
Ottawa
Leasing a USED Audi?! Lol. The amount you'll need to put aside each month in the car repair fund will be more than the lease payments.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6798 posts
5690 upvotes
North York
there's an option to lease used? didn't even know that existed, but why would you want that though?
The point of Leasing is to get the new car and not having to worry about repair costs after the manufacturers warranty.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12642 upvotes
Toronto
As far as I know, lots of 2019 (new) are still available to sell at many dealerships. So, in this example, it can be leased. Bmw, Porsche, mb, etc all do this.

Car is essentially brand new and dealer has already pocketed the last known audi factory cash credit. You will have to find out if the car has been registered and what is the in service date so that your lease term is within the remaining life of the factory warranty

The residual on 2019 will be lower than a new or demo 2020 by approx. 4-5% on the same term.

I don’t know what dealer rates and residual for 2019, therefore, unable to give you a monthly amount . As a starter, I would expect to see at least 17% off the msrp (ideally 20-22%).

Ask dealer to give you detailed quote sheet and post here for comment
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12642 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to take a guess on this

2019 A4 Progressive MSRP $45,950
factory credit $4,000
Project 7% dealer side discount - $3,217
add fees - approx. $3,100 and rolled into payment

39 months term
1.98% rate
project 48% residual
20,000km per year
$0 down

No protection plan selected
No audi care - I believe this can be negotiated and included into the deal as no charge as Audi has done this in the past as part of the monthly program

Projected monthly - $548 + taxes = OTR
Due on delivery - first + security + license + ppsa
Deal Addict
May 22, 2009
4652 posts
804 upvotes
Caledon
A CPO A4 cannot be leased. It would have to be a demo, and even then there're a few conditions that would apply; length on the road, kms, and most importantly, how the vehicle was originally registered (RDR) with Audi Canada.
[removed external advertising links]
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27573 posts
12642 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm. I guess Audi is doing differently than the other Euro brands then. Looks like dealers are going to keep all their new cpo 2019s on their parking lot for a real long time (if financing or cash are the only way to sell) Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I have seen RFDers pm me with proposed dealer leasing agreement on 2019 cpo bmw & mb in the past