• Oct 28th, 2019 4:50 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 27, 2009
254 posts
12 upvotes
Pointe-claire

Leasing demos/CPO's

I recently leased a demo through Audi, and got a great deal. Anybody aware of any other manufacturers that lease their demos or CPO's? Volkswagen perhaps?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
32078 posts
19297 upvotes
Toronto
pretty well all brands Smiling Face With Open Mouth

some will waive their freight/pdi, while some will try to make it as mandatory and make you pay, regardless. Sure hope you did not pay this freight/pdi fees of ver $2100 to begin with.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10156 upvotes
Toronto
I don't get the lease used car option. Can someone explain the actual benefit if there is one?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
koffey wrote: I don't get the lease used car option. Can someone explain the actual benefit if there is one?
Cheaper?
A demo may only have a few miles on it but still pretty new. A lease can be as little as 12 months old.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9639 posts
9154 upvotes
koffey wrote: I don't get the lease used car option. Can someone explain the actual benefit if there is one?
I would assume you get a lease of 3 years for a price of 4 years lease.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10156 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Cheaper?
A demo may only have a few miles on it but still pretty new. A lease can be as little as 12 months old.
Xtrema wrote: I would assume you get a lease of 3 years for a price of 4 years lease.
I get cheaper. But relative terms of a cpo can be 2-3 even 4 years old. And I know that some dealers will lease a cpo car. I'm just not sure if I see what the actual benefit would be. I don't know if I see any pluses with dumping money into a used car that you probably have a lot less chance of keeping and something that is already aged. Exotic car or something I get. Random run of the mill 3/5 series/a4/6/cla ect... ?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
koffey wrote: I get cheaper. But relative terms of a cpo can be 2-3 even 4 years old. And I know that some dealers will lease a cpo car. I'm just not sure if I see what the actual benefit would be. I don't know if I see any pluses with dumping money into a used car that you probably have a lot less chance of keeping and something that is already aged. Exotic car or something I get. Random mill of the run 3/5 series/a4/6/cla ect... ?
Well, I am pretty sure we are not talking about a Corolla or Hyundai Accent:)
The reason BMW, Mercedes and other "higher end" dealers do used or second leases is because wannabes can't pay the rate for new one so they offer lower monthly on a used lease option. Even a 2 - 4 year old 3 series or C Class can be a lot cheaper second time around.
Leasing a lease return is usually getting a car in pretty good condition. The previous lease holder had to take care of it or was paying for any repairs upon lease return. Dealers win, big time.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10156 upvotes
Toronto
So in reality it's all about balling on a budget.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
koffey wrote: So in reality it's all about balling on a budget.
Ha! You got that on absolutely right LOL
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5978 posts
4424 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Well if you're not going to be keeping the car after lease ends, what's the issue? Why not take the upfront discount on a leased demo.
Mar 22, 2004
703 posts
511 upvotes
London, ON
What's not to get? Leasing is just a financing method. The lower cost of a used car is then used in the lease formula (along with an adjusted residual), so the overall payments are lower. The other advantage of leasing is that you only pay the tax on the amount that you use, vs purchasing or financing, where you pay the entire amount up front. New or used, it doesn't make any difference for a lease.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)