Calgary

[Lee Valley] LED Directional Ceiling light - $14.90

Deal Link:
Price:
$14.90
Retailer:
Lee Valley
More offers from Lee Valley
I’m not sure what the regular price is on this but these are good basement/garage lights. I can’t remember what I paid for ours, but I think it was around $25 or something off amazon.
9 replies
Feb 9, 2019
72 posts
125 upvotes
ON
Got two of these types of light for around 10 bucks EACH @ Lee valley some time ago..
Nothing in life is free.. mmh
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1559 posts
537 upvotes
tbh, as much as I like Lee Valley, I did not like these lights. They aren't as bright as the 250W-equivalent Sansi bulbs that I bought, have an extremely blue tint to them thanks to the 6500K temperature, and were really plasticky and flimsy. I tried screwing one into its little extension and the whole thing basically disintegrated in my hand.

I guess if you really need one right now, this is a decent price, but otherwise, you can get better lighting elsewhere. I returned the ones I bought... they were just kinda crap.
Last edited by HaZaRd on Jan 24th, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Apr 8, 2011
493 posts
1236 upvotes
Calgary
HaZaRd wrote: tbh, as much as I like Lee Valley, I did not like these lights. They aren't as bright as the 250W-equivalent Sansi bulbs that I bought, have an extremely blue tint to them thanks to the 6500K temperature, and were really plasticky and flimsy. I tried screwing one into its little extension and the whole thing basically disintegrated in my hand.

I guess if you really need one right now, this is a decent price, but otherwise, you can get better lighting elsewhere.
Completely agree on the Sandi bulbs, they’re incredibly bright and a great bulb if you catch them on sale. These fixtures I posted here probably make for a better yard light than anything.
Feb 16, 2017
314 posts
397 upvotes
New Brunswick
Any idea how well the Sansi bulbs would hold up in a open socket in an unheated Garage?
Dec 12, 2011
406 posts
285 upvotes
NEPEAN
Jedi66 wrote: Any idea how well the Sansi bulbs would hold up in a open socket in an unheated Garage?
I have mine in my unheated garage and it works perfectly.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1559 posts
537 upvotes
Jedi66 wrote: Any idea how well the Sansi bulbs would hold up in a open socket in an unheated Garage?
I have one in my garage fixture and two in my garage door opener and all three work just fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2074 posts
2479 upvotes
Ottawa
^ My only hesitation getting the Sansi bulbs is all the reviews of them blowing up and catching fire.
Dec 3, 2010
604 posts
479 upvotes
Toronto
Usually heat kills LEDs, not cold. If the fixture is completely open you'll be fine.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
1559 posts
537 upvotes
Masernaut wrote: ^ My only hesitation getting the Sansi bulbs is all the reviews of them blowing up and catching fire.
I saw those as well but I've since bought a total of six of them. None of them are in enclosed fixtures, which I suspect is what causes most of the overheating issues and then the associated conflagrations.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)