297 posts
176 upvotes
Thedford

[Lee Valley] Lee Valley Free Shipping on orders of $40

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Lee Valley
More offers from Lee Valley
Sorry if a repost. Lee Valley (Tools) has free shipping on orders over $40 for a limited time. I can't find when the offer expires. It is usually for a week or so. They also have a revamped web site.

For those who don't live near one of their stores this an opportunity to save shipping costs. They seem do the free shipping deal a few times a year, not sure whether it will be repeated before Christmas.
16 replies
Jan 8, 2012
625 posts
386 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks.

They sell quality stuff.

cheers

asdf
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6116 posts
720 upvotes
Ottawa
I’ve always thought these guys make Christmas trees or something Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Oct 31, 2017
151 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Anything interesting?
You miss shots you don't take.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2815 posts
1724 upvotes
Langley
I still don't know what these guys sell.. haha

They have a catalog online.. I guess I know what i'll be doing for the next 20mins...
haha
Apr 6, 2017
654 posts
1093 upvotes
They are known for wood working tools. But they sell all kinds of high quality Knick knacks. Best place to go if you are looking for a high quality gift.
Dec 10, 2012
955 posts
586 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sounds like a little Sears with the same old business plan that will soon become extinct due to Amazonian bullies.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4276 posts
691 upvotes
Edmonton
The only problem with lee valley is once you buy something it never breaks thus don’t create a captive market like cellphones or cars. Lee valley has all sorts of cool gadgets.

I feel like anything purchased from lee valley is guaranteed to last longer then I intend to live.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1945 posts
403 upvotes
Burlington
Max_Dealing wrote: The only problem with lee valley is once you buy something it never breaks thus don’t create a captive market like cellphones or cars. Lee valley has all sorts of cool gadgets.

I feel like anything purchased from lee valley is guaranteed to last longer then I intend to live.
The item will last longer than you or the loan to pay for it will?
Mar 17, 2015
371 posts
484 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
sirxterminator wrote: sounds like a little Sears with the same old business plan that will soon become extinct due to Amazonian bullies.
Incorrect. Lee Valley has a lot of appeal as a specialty store (specifically woodworking, gardening/yardwork, & quality high end tools). Additionally they sell cool (typically hard to find) gadgets good for everyday use. I was about to buy a unique tape measure (Fastcap) on Amazon only to discover I could get it cheaper at Lee Valley. PLUS they also offer cool hobby courses (have built a wooden longbow, arrows) that can sell out very fast.

Some cool items I've bought:

Salad Server $10.90 -- company always ask where we got

Fastcap Flat Back Measuring Tape $14.50

Berry Picker $34.50 -- works great for Saskatoons (pick minimum 5x faster), Blueberries, not bad for Cherries.

Cardboard Screws for kids

My all time favorite is the bean cutter/snip (Flux Cutter) but it appears they aren't selling it anymore? Total thumb saver & great gift for gardeners with arthritis!
Dec 10, 2012
955 posts
586 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Wheatboy wrote: Incorrect. Lee Valley has a lot of appeal as a specialty store (specifically woodworking, gardening/yardwork, & quality high end tools). Additionally they sell cool (typically hard to find) gadgets good for everyday use. I was about to buy a unique tape measure (Fastcap) on Amazon only to discover I could get it cheaper at Lee Valley. PLUS they also offer cool hobby courses (have built a wooden longbow, arrows) that can sell out very fast.

Some cool items I've bought:

Salad Server $10.90 -- company always ask where we got

Fastcap Flat Back Measuring Tape $14.50

Berry Picker $34.50 -- works great for Saskatoons (pick minimum 5x faster), Blueberries, not bad for Cherries.

Cardboard Screws for kids

My all time favorite is the bean cutter/snip (Flux Cutter) but it appears they aren't selling it anymore? Total thumb saver & great gift for gardeners with arthritis!
Do you remember Sharper Image, it had cool gadgets too.

The next gen have little patience to take up wood working or fine furniture making.

Fewer and fewer people have income left over for non essential "cool items"

Lets face it, would you invest in their stock?
Jun 12, 2007
695 posts
342 upvotes
Lee Valleys huge and seem to do very well. They sell and probably make lots of money off their Festool power tools.
Big store right downtown Toronto on King street, they shoudlnt be in the same conversation as the Sharper Image at your local mall.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)