• Jun 26th, 2018 1:53 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8615 posts
2380 upvotes
Mississauga

Left Turn Flashing Green

Please try to explain to me why the first person in a left turn green arrow is either texting or sleeping. I need to turn left into my subdivision most days. Some days 7 or 8 cars get through the flashing green but most days its 4 or 5 cars make it through and rarely sometimes 3. I can sit through 3 green lights and getting frustrated by the minute.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19702 posts
20175 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You answered yourself? So you're just venting?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19730 posts
23139 upvotes
GTA
If someone doesn't start moving within 1 second of the light going green they get the horn. If I can see they're texting, they 0.5 sec before I give them the horn.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
4438 upvotes
Bring back the old flashing green, I found it was much more effective in getting people through the left turn vs the arrow. Then again there were far less distractions back then, no phones.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3094 posts
3464 upvotes
Montreal
blexann wrote: Bring back the old flashing green, I found it was much more effective in getting people through the left turn vs the arrow. Then again there were far less distractions back then, no phones.
Why not both?
<no self promotion>
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
3722 posts
1644 upvotes
Because he's bored waiting for the signal. Give him the long loud honk and when you pass him by, give me him the mean dirty look.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13007 posts
7793 upvotes
Brampton
rapashoo wrote: Because he's bored waiting for the signal. Give him the long loud honk and when you pass him by, give me him the mean dirty look.
I usually give these people a big long "F U" honk. You can see them start to look up then slowly proceed thru the intersection because they don't know why I'm honking at them.
Then they have the nerve to give me the dirty look when I pass them.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Bring back the old flashing green, I found it was much more effective in getting people through the left turn vs the arrow. Then again there were far less distractions back then, no phones.
SquadG wrote: Why not both?
Doesn't really solve it. They're like that in Durham region, and it doesn't help much.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
4184 posts
1161 upvotes
That's what a horn for. To wake him up from the wonderland.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8
Oct 26, 2009
852 posts
365 upvotes
Flashing green doesn't mean the same thing in other provinces so I guess that's why they got rid of it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8615 posts
2380 upvotes
Mississauga
engineered wrote: If someone doesn't start moving within 1 second of the light going green they get the horn. If I can see they're texting, they 0.5 sec before I give them the horn.
I do that also if i`m 2nd or third car back. Its frustrating when your 6 or 7 cars back.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
4083 posts
3354 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lordnikon wrote: Flashing green doesn't mean the same thing in other provinces so I guess that's why they got rid of it.
What's it mean in other provinces?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1049 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
canoek wrote: What's it mean in other provinces?
"We have no money to fix that light so it blinks!"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8622 posts
1447 upvotes
lordnikon wrote: Flashing green doesn't mean the same thing in other provinces so I guess that's why they got rid of it.
Had a co-worker almost get everyone in the car T-boned as he didn't know he didn't have the advance left on a work trip to BC. That gave everyone a nice scare...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)