• Jun 16th, 2018 7:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 15, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote

Is this legal?

IMG_201.jpg
So i spotted this Porsche today, not certain if this is legal here in Ontario. The owner had a standard Ontario plate in the back and this white on black plate in the front. I know that there are historical plate with this color scheme but this isn't one of them, it's got nothing else on it beside the numbers/letters and isn't stamped (with raised lettering) like a normal or historical plate. The plate matches the stuff written on the proper rear plate. Anyone got any idea if this is legal or not? It definitely cleans up the look of the car.

BTW the second half of the plate is blurred for privacy reasons.
8 replies
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
686 posts
491 upvotes
Rockwood
Lime1028 wrote: IMG_201.jpg

So i spotted this Porsche today, not certain if this is legal here in Ontario. The owner had a standard Ontario plate in the back and this white on black plate in the front. I know that there are historical plate with this color scheme but this isn't one of them, it's got nothing else on it beside the numbers/letters and isn't stamped (with raised lettering) like a normal or historical plate. The plate matches the stuff written on the proper rear plate. Anyone got any idea if this is legal or not? It definitely cleans up the look of the car.

BTW the second half of the plate is blurred for privacy reasons.
No it is not.

As for historic plates the car has to be 30 years or older to qualify for them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38242 posts
24426 upvotes
Center of Universe
No!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21058 posts
5667 upvotes
Poormond Hill
No, op. You can't do that
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I figured this wasn't legal so I guess this guy could get in trouble if he was pulled over but I would guess that he's less likely to be pulled over for this rather than running without any front plate.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38242 posts
24426 upvotes
Center of Universe
Lime1028 wrote: Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I figured this wasn't legal so I guess this guy could get in trouble if he was pulled over but I would guess that he's less likely to be pulled over for this rather than running without any front plate.
I see drivers from QC have these euro style plates, as front plates are not mandatory.
Did you catch the rear plates on the Porsche?
[OP]
Jun 15, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
vkizzle wrote: I see drivers from QC have these euro style plates, as front plates are not mandatory.
Did you catch the rear plates on the Porsche?
Standard Ontario rear plate.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19756 posts
23179 upvotes
GTA
I've seen people with reflective stickers that look like Ontario plates. Probably not legal either, but unlikely to get attention.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.