• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 7:44 pm
Aug 7, 2015
30 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
belfour wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 11:35 am
Costco.ca has the London Bus back in stock.

https://www.costco.ca/LEGO%c2%ae-Creato ... 25023.html
Thanks my son has been saving for this set.

Can anyone comment on the recommended age? My son is 8 and spends most of his time playing with LEGO. I’ve never paid attention to the ages before - he’s never had trouble building. But I’m wondering if 16+ will be too difficult. He’s pretty focused so if it’s just that it’s a huge set, I think he would have the patience and actually really like that the build takes him a long time. If you’ve built it or other expert sets I’d appreciate the input!
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
1983 posts
621 upvotes
burlington, on
julosa wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:02 pm

Can anyone comment on the recommended age? My son is 8 and spends most of his time playing with LEGO. I’ve never paid attention to the ages before - he’s never had trouble building. But I’m wondering if 16+ will be too difficult. He’s pretty focused so if it’s just that it’s a huge set, I think he would have the patience and actually really like that the build takes him a long time. If you’ve built it or other expert sets I’d appreciate the input!
I think the age is referred to the fact that it is a display model not really for playing. It is an easy building, if we talk about big technic maybe story is different
Last edited by cayolargo on Jan 15th, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16, 2003
717 posts
159 upvotes
julosa wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 12:02 pm

I believe Lego does studies on evaluating the recommended age ranges. I suspect it would be based on building challenge, play factor, # pieces, # TINY pieces, etc... I think the ages are their own recommendation but you would be able to use your best judgement. If your son plays with a LOT of Lego and you think the London Bus is great - then why not? It may take a bit longer for him to build or he may need some help here and there. But ultimately I think you'll know the best on what is appropriate for your son :).

Note - I have a 2 year old and he plays with my Lego sets and we have a routine of him playing / destroying and him watching me rebuild. I'm just mindful to keep less of the small 1x1 pieces around in case he decides to shove it up his nose or ears. He's also managed to learn how to use the remote controls to control the speed of the Lego Train (to prevent it from derailing on corners). My hope over time is to get him more interested in Lego Technics so he'll learn some engineering principles (yes... hopeful parent here!).
May 6, 2018
7 posts
4 upvotes
Thanks, Seafish. I got my local TRU to match walmart.ca's price on LEGO City Arctic Exploration Team 60191 Building Kit...even though it's out of stock on walmart's website.
Jul 14, 2014
171 posts
39 upvotes
Oakville, ON
leethecollector wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 10:46 pm
What is the price for London Bus for Costco members? How about for the Lego Bugatti. Thanks. I don't have membership to Costco.
$140 for the London bus
$340 for the Bugatti
Dec 15, 2015
565 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
There was a Harry Potter minifig set on costo's site about 20 minutes ago.
Jan 15, 2019
2 posts
Oh man, I just bought mine on Friday for $179.99.
Anybody from previous experience know if Customer service would do anything?
Aug 16, 2015
649 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hartia0 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 10:55 am
Crying Face
Wonder if any actually sold at that price.

Slave 1 is also now out of stock, and was on the discontinued list.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2012
1378 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
georgep wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 7:45 pm
.......and was on the discontinued list.
discontinued list? Do you have a link?
Aug 16, 2015
649 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joey1234 wrote:
Jan 16th, 2019 9:20 pm
discontinued list? Do you have a link?
It's posted earlier in this thread. Or go on Lego shop and switch location to Denmark - there will be a link for retiring sets.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

codtongues