• Jun 21st, 2021 12:21 am
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
15022 posts
28337 upvotes
Scarborough

[LEGO] The Official RFD LEGO Deals Thread - Only Post New LEGO Deals Here

Welcome to the new LEGO deal threads which is exclusively for posting deals on LEGO! Waving Hand Sign

When sharing a new deal here please be sure to include the retailer, set name, price, and the URL (if available online)

For all non-deal LEGO discussion please use the LEGO General Discussion megathread where you can chat with other RFD members about new set releases, what you've bought/built, or any other LEGO related topic.

*** Make sure to update your subscription settings accordingly because if you want to only get LEGO deals, you'll need to subscribe and set instant alerts for THIS THREAD! ***
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts] [Thread Hiding]
Thread Summary
General strategy when buying LEGO:
Wait for sales as most sets go on sales eventually. The exception would be sets available only at LEGO Shop.

Amazon Canada
  • Often price match the prices of other online retailers
  • Sales usually happen during holidays
  • Sometimes has price errors, which creates great buying opportunity if you are quick enough
  • Sometimes has extra 10% off for Amazon Prime members
  • Amazon Warehouse usually has decent deals if you don't care about the box condition

Best Buy
  • Sales are usually 5%-30%
  • Sometimes has the $20 off $100 VISA checkout promotion

Canadian Tire
  • Each store has their own clearance so it's always YMMV for deals
  • Sales are usually 20%-40% off
  • Can combine with gift cards purchased at 10%-20% off
  • Join Triangle Rewards program to earn Canadian Tire money

Costco
  • In-store: Not a great selection of sets, but usually great savings when prices get reduced because they are liquidating sets in-store
  • Normal prices are usually lower than MSRP (10%-30%)
  • Sometimes additional savings through coupons or MasterPass promos
  • Some sets are sold at MSRP but will include a bonus set

eBay.ca
  • Sometimes has 15%-20% coupon which can be stacked with sets on sales at Toys "R" Us eBay shop.

Indigo
  • Sales are usually 20%
  • Sometimes has the $20 off $100 MasterPass promotion
  • Can combine with gift cards purchased at 10%-20% off

LEGO Shop
  • Sales are usually 20% when sets get retired
  • Worth buying if you are interested in promotional sets and/or exclusive sets, especially during 2X VIP points (10%)

Mastermind Toys
  • Sometimes provides a 20% off coupon
  • Clearance sales are usually up to 50% and mostly available in-store as online stock go out of stock fast

Toys "R" Us
  • Sales are usually 15%-20% on every theme (excluding clearance and hard to find sets), but can go as high as 50%
  • Sometimes has the BOGO 50% promotion (usually exclude clearance and hard to find sets)
  • 10% off coupon when you join the "R" Club
  • Sometimes "R" Club members receive a 15% off coupon (usually exclude clearance and hard to find sets)
  • Once a year, they usually have a 15% off coupon that works on every set

Walmart
  • In-store: Clearance is usually 30% off (YMMY)
  • Online: Clearance is usually 30% off but can be much higher if you are fast enough to order during their price glitch

Places to acquire gift cards under face value:
Other places to acquire LEGO:
Rewards website for online purchase:
  • Aeroplan eStore - Collect Aeroplan Miles for each eligible purchase, typically 1 Aeroplan Miles per $1 spent
  • airmilesshops.ca - Collect Airmiles for each eligible purchase, typically 1 Air Miles per $20 spent
  • GreatCanadianRebates - Cashback for each eligible purchase, available monthly
  • LEGO.com - LEGO's own VIP rewards program. Get exclusive items/sets that can't be purchased from anywhere else
  • Swagbucks - Redeem points for gift cards. amazon.ca, Hudson's Bay & Indigo gift cards can be acquired for up to 25% off par value and are usually delivered within 1 week

Tricks to acquire free money to buy LEGO sets:
  • Air Miles - You can redeem your Air Miles Cash for eVouchers at Hudson's Bay & Toys "R" Us. 95 Air Miles Cash = $10. Use airmileshops.ca when they run their 15X (7.89%) - 25X (13.16%) promotion and/or their various yearly promotion (ShopTheBlock, MegaMiles, etc). Their yearly promotions usually gives thousands of Air Miles for little spending extra spending as it usually requires you to purchase at place you usually shop such as groceriy stores.
  • Swagbucks - The easiest way to get Swagbucks is by watching videos (in the Discover section, look for AdscendMedia in the sponsored section) in the background while you are on your computer and by using their different apps to watch videos on your mobile phone.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7729 posts
1611 upvotes
Rewards website should prehaps include mentioning of Lego's own VIP Reward Progarm as often the rewards are exclusive items/set that can't be purchased from anywhere else without paying scalper prices on marketplaces. https://www.lego.com/en-ca/vip
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5555 posts
1643 upvotes
Toronto
hdom wrote: Rewards website should prehaps include mentioning of Lego's own VIP Reward Progarm as often the rewards are exclusive items/set that can't be purchased from anywhere else without paying scalper prices on marketplaces. https://www.lego.com/en-ca/vip
smart man

@TomRFD

...if he meant add it to the general strategy section of the pinned post.
Mar 29, 2021
96 posts
43 upvotes
Vancouver
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... 1/13699048

Best Buy has this nice little truck for 30% off ($15). Maybe not a big enough deal for you folks but I wanted to share because I just had so much fun modifying this guy into a "farm truck". It even has suspension, and comes with a little doggo ffs! Highly recommended and I may even buy a second..
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5555 posts
1643 upvotes
Toronto
j0lly007 wrote: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... 1/13699048

Best Buy has this nice little truck for 30% off ($15). Maybe not a big enough deal for you folks but I wanted to share because I just had so much fun modifying this guy into a "farm truck". It even has suspension, and comes with a little doggo ffs! Highly recommended and I may even buy a second..
doggy is nice + it's retired i believe

lots of wal marts have the wonder woman set for 50% off in store (gold one)
Jul 29, 2011
156 posts
236 upvotes
Calgary
YMMV. from this thread .
I don't have a business account just personal and I used the coupon code WELCOME5AB for a $50 off $100 and bought LEGO Creator Expert Fiat 500 also works in LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265. not sure what other lego you can use it. didn't work on LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander 10266

edit: also works with LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander 10266. the item must be sold by amazon
Last edited by shakaboey on Jun 16th, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 18, 2007
53 posts
47 upvotes
shakaboey wrote: YMMV. from this thread .
I don't have a business account just personal and I used the coupon code WELCOME5AB for a $50 off $100 and bought LEGO Creator Expert Fiat 500 also works in LEGO Creator Expert Ford Mustang 10265. not sure what other lego you can use it. didn't work on LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander 10266
It works for Saturn V. Thanks!
Dec 5, 2006
223 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver

edit: also works with LEGO Creator Expert NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander 10266. the item must be sold by amazon
thanks for posting this! It worked on the Medieval Blacksmith 21325. Not as good a deal as using it on a $100 set, but 25% off is still nice.
May 2, 2021
8 posts
6 upvotes

ok WOW! thanks for posting this over here or I may have never seen it

I also got that email from Amazon and created a business account and used the discount on the pirates of barracuda bay. I never would have thought to try it on my personal account and I just picked up the gingerbread house. I'm hoping to get another code for trying out business prime. I will share it once I get it.
Oct 3, 2005
470 posts
186 upvotes

Thanks! Got it to work for the Porsche 911 creator set, but then changed my mind and got a $100 iTunes gift card for $50 instead. :)

Don’t want to get greedy and make multiple purchases...
Jul 9, 2010
76 posts
63 upvotes
green_paper wrote: Thanks! Got it to work for the Porsche 911 creator set, but then changed my mind and got a $100 iTunes gift card for $50 instead. :)

Don’t want to get greedy and make multiple purchases...
I can't seem to get it to work with the Porsche creator, do you mind linking which listing you tried it on?
Sep 6, 2005
273 posts
71 upvotes
It looks like from the thread shakabey linked to, that the deal is dead now.
smmr wrote: I can't seem to get it to work with the Porsche creator, do you mind linking which listing you tried it on?
Oct 3, 2005
470 posts
186 upvotes
smmr wrote: I can't seem to get it to work with the Porsche creator, do you mind linking which listing you tried it on?
Sorry I don't remember which exact listing I used, but just make sure the item is being sold by amazon. But as Whiskey pointed out, the deal stopped working right around 1am PDT. Some got it to work again this morning, but it stopped working again.

Thread Information

There are currently 22 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 18 guests)

bdstephe, Baho311, Whiskey, smmr