Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2088 posts
63 upvotes
specs_bv wrote: Still working
Screenshot 2021-05-21 150742.jpg
I tried that...say it's not valid :(
tru.png
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Jan 17, 2011
588 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
ok.... I got a new real deal for you guys.....

You can now get Harry Potter & Hermione Granger at 25% off at MastermindToys..... <=== click on link...

and if you notice that there is no "ADD TO CART"...... well...... click on the heart to add it to your wishlist.... then click on "View your Wishlist" on the bottom right...
once you are there.... you can then "ADD to CART"....

now go to cart and at checkout add your promo code "HIPHIPYAY" for your 25% off.... to get $40 off on a brand new Harry Potter set.... at $119 and with tax at $134.39

now the thing is..... will they cancel you? well.... anyways.... go go go.... before you cannot......
Oct 23, 2005
645 posts
156 upvotes
dOuble O wrote: I tried that...say it's not valid :(

tru.png
I think it's because Looney tunes MF pack ends in .94
Jan 28, 2013
732 posts
1040 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
j0lly007 wrote: Weird.. right in the fine print it says in-store/pickup only though? Not that I don't believe you that it is working for online but like, I'm not the only one seeing that?
Don't worry, I made 10 orders last month with CURBSIDE25 code, and did 9/10 through delivery and doordash. Only 1 true pickup.
Fido Mobile
Freedom Mobile
Koodo Home Phone
Fido Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2088 posts
63 upvotes
specs_bv wrote: I think it's because Looney tunes MF pack ends in .94
BINGO! Yup, changed it and it worked. Didn't notice the Looney figs ended .94

Thanks
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Oct 23, 2005
645 posts
156 upvotes
Managed to get the extra 10% R-Club coupon. Got the gauntlet and the Thanos Mech down to 88.68 after tax.
But now I'm getting hit with "Your order could not be submitted due to technical issue. Please try again in a few seconds or call customer service for help. Thank you for your patience."

How dare they assume that I'm patient!?!

edit: Got through on a different account. Impatience pays off.
Sep 11, 2010
25 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up the technic Porsche 911 RSR at TRU. Got them to price match with Amazon at $170 then applied the $25 coupon on top. The cashier was skeptical and called her manager, but manager gave the thumbs up.
Mar 29, 2021
126 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
ctam88 wrote: Picked up the technic Porsche 911 RSR at TRU. Got them to price match with Amazon at $170 then applied the $25 coupon on top. The cashier was skeptical and called her manager, but manager gave the thumbs up.
Wow, congrats! I definitely though price matching would usually disqualify you from using coupons after the price match.. good to know
Sep 11, 2010
25 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary
j0lly007 wrote: Wow, congrats! I definitely though price matching would usually disqualify you from using coupons after the price match.. good to know
Yes, that’s what the cashier said - can only get one, either price match or coupon. But she still checked with the manager for me and was surprised the manager said yes.
Mar 29, 2021
126 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
ctam88 wrote: Yes, that’s what the cashier said - can only get one, either price match or coupon. But she still checked with the manager for me and was surprised the manager said yes.
I do feel like maybe you just got lucky haha. Hard to imagine they would price match to another store's sale, and then put their own sale on top of that, in all cases
Jan 17, 2011
588 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
So I just bought myself the Avengers Helicarrier 76153 from ToysRUS at about 25% off simply for the reason that MastermindToys is sold out of the same.

With the $25 off plus a brand new Rclub 10% off, the total comes to about $118 at ToysRUS which is pretty good if you ask me and you get a ton of great minifigs. At MastermindToys the helicarrier is OOS and if it were to be in stock it would be $120 at Mastermindtoys.

So that is it for my discovery today.....
Jan 17, 2011
588 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
Ralphael wrote: ok.... I got a new real deal for you guys.....

You can now get Harry Potter & Hermione Granger at 25% off at MastermindToys..... <=== click on link...

and if you notice that there is no "ADD TO CART"...... well...... click on the heart to add it to your wishlist.... then click on "View your Wishlist" on the bottom right...
once you are there.... you can then "ADD to CART"....

now go to cart and at checkout add your promo code "HIPHIPYAY" for your 25% off.... to get $40 off on a brand new Harry Potter set.... at $119 and with tax at $134.39

now the thing is..... will they cancel you? well.... anyways.... go go go.... before you cannot......
So my Harry Potter & Hermione Granger just shipped from MastermindToys..... and lego shop still has it listed as coming soon!

I just tested the wishlist access and apparently you can still order from MasterMindToys at a $40 discount! ..... go go go....
May 2, 2021
51 posts
82 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: So my Harry Potter & Hermione Granger just shipped from MastermindToys..... and lego shop still has it listed as coming soon!

I just tested the wishlist access and apparently you can still order from MasterMindToys at a $40 discount! ..... go go go....
thanks for the info, just put in my order
Jul 23, 2013
40 posts
79 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Ralphael wrote: So my Harry Potter & Hermione Granger just shipped from MastermindToys..... and lego shop still has it listed as coming soon!

Thanks. I placed an order yesterday but it has not been shipped yet. Hopefully the order will go through.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3386 posts
1972 upvotes
YUL/YVR
j0lly007 wrote: No idea why you're being snarky and insulting me.... but this is what I was referring to since you don't seem to have been able to figure that out

Do I just sign up for TRU's newsletter and get these future codes? Or are they targeted?
Jan 17, 2011
588 posts
785 upvotes
Vancouver
Today is the last day using the Mastermindtoys hiphipyay code....

If you need some power up motors you can get two large Technic Motors and one Power UP hub (large hub and not the train box hub) in the Lego Technic Off-Road Buggy 42124 set at Mastermind for $134.99 which is $15 cheaper than Costco at $159.99. At Lego shop the Hub is $120 and the two large Technic motors are $50 each thus totalling $220 for the motors and hubs. At Bricklink you should be able to pick up the motors $33 and hub $50 at around $116 plus shipping but that might take you at least few weeks or even months to get.

I have already picked up two 42124 sets and 1 out of the 4 motors will be used to motorizing my Crocodile Locomotive but I'll need the train hub which I'll strip it from my passenger train for the moment until my backorder hub from lego arrives. The rest of the Technic motors will be used in my Lego Mindstorm Robot Inventor Kit as they are compatible.

Too bad that MasterMindToys are sold out of the LEGO® Technic™ 4X4 X-treme Off-Roader of which I bought the last one at $225 and this set gives you 2 x XL motors and 1 x Large motor along with large hub.

Now the large hub has 4 connectors of which you can connect 4 motors such as the Avengers Carrier of which I just bought recently :-P

So if you need motors and power up hubs and don't want to wait for Bricklink to ship you your parts, get it from Mastermind in which the motors should arrive next week...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1637 posts
867 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: Today is the last day using the Mastermindtoys hiphipyay code....

If you need some power up motors you can get two large Technic Motors and one Power UP hub (large hub and not the train box hub) in the Lego Technic Off-Road Buggy 42124 set at Mastermind for $134.99 which is $15 cheaper than Costco at $159.99. At Lego shop the Hub is $120 and the two large Technic motors are $50 each thus totalling $220 for the motors and hubs. At Bricklink you should be able to pick up the motors $33 and hub $50 at around $116 plus shipping but that might take you at least few weeks or even months to get.

I have already picked up two 42124 sets and 1 out of the 4 motors will be used to motorizing my Crocodile Locomotive but I'll need the train hub which I'll strip it from my passenger train for the moment until my backorder hub from lego arrives. The rest of the Technic motors will be used in my Lego Mindstorm Robot Inventor Kit as they are compatible.
amazing Ralphael! thanks for the tips. i feel i missed out enjoying technics, not a huge fan of cars and trucks, but man, the remote racing cars and trucks look so much fun. i wanted to stick/focus to a few Lego themes past years, Star Wars and Castle mainly to avoid digging myself further into the rabbit hole.. didnt help, ended up off the tracks with collecting holiday, friends. carnival themes in creators, avengers, batman movie, etc.. = (
Nov 24, 2020
133 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Ralphael wrote: Today is the last day using the Mastermindtoys hiphipyay code....

I still kinda want to get this new Technic buggy and that price is pretty good... I'm going to wait until I can get it at like 40% off (a 20% off indigo gift card at rexal + 20% off sale) This Technic buggy doesn't seem to sell very well, so I think it will drop in price later, possibly on amazon.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

oooeeeooo