None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean

Lender can't access my equifax file

EDIT: SOLVED Lender did another try and it worked.
Hi. I'm buying a house and canwise can't access my girlfriend equifax file. He's really surprised about that. All the infos provided have been double check. Error message is something like that
EFX10000125200.
She will need to call equifax probably but in my experience, this place is a nightmare. Any idea what is happening? I can access her file on equifax.ca and nothing is out of the ordinary.
Last edited by RougeJeff on Jul 16th, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2056 posts
1326 upvotes
Durham
Past information on her portion of the mortgage application might be conflicting with what Equifax has. Compare what you have accessed on Equifax to your mortgage app. Sometimes things like a past address that was never reported to Equifax can make things go funny.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I was very attentive to details and mortgage broker didn't asked about past adresses. Only name, birthdate, adress (same as written on equifax.ca) and SIN. But thanks for the input, appreciated.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13060 posts
8305 upvotes
Markham
How do you know the issue is on Equifax side? Did she recently applied for credit card or whatever that needs pull Equifax file?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2017
5232 posts
5273 upvotes
Ottawa
Links to Equifax Error codes are provided in the software that the broker is using. Why hasn't the broker simply looked it up? Or, sent a support ticket to the software support desk?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
smartie wrote: How do you know the issue is on Equifax side? Did she recently applied for credit card or whatever that needs pull Equifax file?
She applied for an Amex card 3 months ago (accepted) and got her file pulled by a bank for a identity verification in april. My broker forwarded me the error message. I just got on call with equifax and as usual, the guy was not able to help me further that stating that everything was fine with her credit file. The problem is probably from my broker side but he was able to pull my credit easily.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I think i will call back my broker and do another try after he restart his computer.... Man, buying a house is a rollercoaster....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
skeet50 wrote: Links to Equifax Error codes are provided in the software that the broker is using. Why hasn't the broker simply looked it up? Or, sent a support ticket to the software support desk?
Good idea. Maybe the error message come from the broker side and contacting support from his software is a great idea!
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13060 posts
8305 upvotes
Markham
RougeJeff wrote: Good idea. Maybe the error message come from the broker side and contacting support from his software is a great idea!
Probably just network connection issues
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8132 posts
3470 upvotes
Financial District B…
RougeJeff wrote: Hi. I'm buying a house and canwise can't access my girlfriend equifax file. He's really surprised about that. All the infos provided have been double check. Error message is something like that
EFX10000125200.
She will need to call equifax probably but in my experience, this place is a nightmare. Any idea what is happening? I can access her file on equifax.ca and nothing is out of the ordinary.
Majority of Brokers actually do not have access to any of the credit bureaus. They are not licensed to pull applicant credit bureau files.
What they do is refer your application to a mortgage lender that they think may accept you. The problem is with the the mortgage company/org/FI, not the broker. Ask them who they referred your app to.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
mikeymike1 wrote: Majority of Brokers actually do not have access to any of the credit bureaus. They are not licensed to pull applicant credit bureau files.
What they do is refer your application to a mortgage lender that they think may accept you. The problem is with the the mortgage company/org/FI, not the broker. Ask them who they referred your app to.
Its Scotiabank.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1510 posts
960 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Ok. He tried again with the same info for the fifth time and it worked!!!! Thanks everyone. I will bet on the network connection issue. I really appreciate the help and i'll do the same for you one day i'm sure.
Sep 16, 2012
728 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
mikeymike1 wrote: Majority of Brokers actually do not have access to any of the credit bureaus. They are not licensed to pull applicant credit bureau files.
I have had brokers pull under their own brokerage, i.e Mortgage Alliance would show as the hard pull- they do this so that you don't get hit when they shop around with your credit history. They seem to love Equifax, I've only seen the big banks, i.e BNS/RBC pull directly from TransUnion.