• May 6th, 2015 3:47 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 4, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON

Length of Delivery?

Hello, I am just trying to get some information on a vehicle I recently purchased at an Audi dealership in Toronto.

I made the purchase 2 days ago, car was supposed to be ready Friday and today they call to tell me they need until Monday. It is a certified preowned Audi A4 2013. They are doing a 300 point inspection and we agreed they will buff and clean up the scratches on the car. Am I being pushed back for them to accommodate a higher paying customer? I understand they are closed Sundays but is it normal to take so long? 9 days is quite a bit of time...
14 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17007 posts
12408 upvotes
Toronto
If you made at least a deposit...the car is yours
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
147 upvotes
Toronto, ON
probably no need to worry...mine took over a week til final delivery
PM if you have ANY questions about zoomers wireless
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2009
1015 posts
269 upvotes
Sounds like they're buying time or they're too lazy/busy. Have a friend go to the dealership and ask for a used A4.
[OP]
May 4, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON
Thank you for the responses. I will wait it out and see what happens although it's hard to be patient :)
Aug 15, 2014
560 posts
189 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Andro wrote: congrats on a *used* Audi
*new audi for op*
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2234 posts
436 upvotes
they pushed it back from a Friday to a Monday, it's really not a big deal.

if they have to prep a couple RS7s and R8s or what not for delivery, your used A4 getting the shaft is not entirely unlikely.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2191 posts
726 upvotes
Etobicoke
Seems like those cold feet are freezing...
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1476 posts
526 upvotes
Ottawa
Seems pretty normal to me. It probably doesn't take 9 days but it all comes down to priority. Some dealerships have just one employee doing the delivery because they don't want the sales spending time on these types of things. Same with the mechanics, most dealers probably prefer them to work on something that makes more money first (i.e. repair job).
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5170 posts
6962 upvotes
Toronto, ON
InfoZero wrote: we agreed they will buff and clean up the scratches on the car.
Bad idea... never let a dealer "wash" your car unless you are looking for free swirl marks...
May 25, 2012
113 posts
37 upvotes
So they need extra time to make sure it's in great condition for the new owner. I'd say that's a good thing.
Don't worry about it, just enjoy your new car!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10156 upvotes
Toronto
InfoZero wrote: Hello, I am just trying to get some information on a vehicle I recently purchased at an Audi dealership in Toronto.

I made the purchase 2 days ago, car was supposed to be ready Friday and today they call to tell me they need until Monday. It is a certified preowned Audi A4 2013. They are doing a 300 point inspection and we agreed they will buff and clean up the scratches on the car. Am I being pushed back for them to accommodate a higher paying customer? I understand they are closed Sundays but is it normal to take so long? 9 days is quite a bit of time...
So if they are closed on Sundays, how is it that you purchased two days ago since the 5th was a Tuesday making two days prior a Sunday? How is Monday now 9 days?

[IMG]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 53/844.jpg[/IMG]

I waited a week at most for delivery.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke