Home & Garden

Is this Lennox "deal" at Costco actually good?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 10:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15103 upvotes

Is this Lennox "deal" at Costco actually good?

So I need [central] A/C (been going without it for many years but the past two years it seems it's getting quite ridiculous just the duration of how many scorchers there are). I like the heat but it really is time to get A/C now.

Anyway someone told me about this on Costco but it seems like there's some catch somewhere, or at least you're not getting $1500 unless you were getting like a new furnace, A/C, water heater, etc. lol.

Has anyone gone with this and gotten a good deal? Couple guys on my street are actually HVAC guys so I was just gonna go with one of them but this seems interesting at least:

Should I bother getting the quote from Costblo-associated reps or just forget about it and go with a neighbour instead?

https://www.costco.ca/lennox-home-comfo ... 18178.html
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
2044 posts
1125 upvotes
Etobicoke
Why not get the quote from Costco and from someone else (your friend down the street) and then decide which is the better deal. The Costco one may cost more but offset by the $1500.
Plus, Costco is reputable... Depends on the other quote and how dependable they are
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2003 posts
1734 upvotes
GTA
On the jobs I've got them to quote, they have been competitive.

I ended up going with other companies, but the Costco quotes all things considered were within a few hundred.
Jan 22, 2012
651 posts
270 upvotes
Bradford
How are the installers? I’m more concerned with that.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15103 upvotes
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: On the jobs I've got them to quote, they have been competitive.

I ended up going with other companies, but the Costco quotes all things considered were within a few hundred.
Competitive after the cash card though or before? That's kind of what I'm asking because if you need the cash card (for whatever amount you get for just one "appliance") for the deal to be good, not really worth it IMO.
Topher86 wrote: How are the installers? I’m more concerned with that.
Well yeah I'm concerned with that too. I mean there's no telling if my neighbour is gonna be great either but hey if he screws it up I just go knock on his door, right? I can't imagine these guys being that bad esp. given you would probably complain to Costco but yeah.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
2003 posts
1734 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: Competitive after the cash card though or before? That's kind of what I'm asking because if you need the cash card (for whatever amount you get for just one "appliance") for the deal to be good, not really worth it IMO.
After you factor in the cash card it is competitive. I think in most cases a smaller company was equal or cheaper even after the cash discount was factored in.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2039 posts
654 upvotes
Toronto
i got quote from them and expensive. its not costco but third party supplier. i only got 400$ costco card for over paying for A/C that they quoted 3200 where i can get the same one for 2500.