• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 11:11 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote

Lennox Furnace/AC combo required

Hi guys.. I want to get my Furnace and AC changed for my house. And want to go for Lennox brand. Please let me know if I should with Costco or Some one else? Also if you can suggest some one in Brantford area. Thanks
29 replies
Oct 19, 2020
322 posts
187 upvotes
Techlover wrote: Hi guys.. I want to get my Furnace and AC changed for my house. And want to go for Lennox brand. Please let me know if I should with Costco or Some one else? Also if you can suggest some one in Brantford area. Thanks
Big box stores just contract out, why not bypass that and find a good local contractor directly?

Lennox may not make the right furnace size for your house and you should shop for the contractor over brand.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36046 posts
10145 upvotes
Ottawa
insertname2020 wrote: Big box stores just contract out, why not bypass that and find a good local contractor directly?

Lennox may not make the right furnace size for your house and you should shop for the contractor over brand.
I suggest you shop around.
Yes, big box stores only contract out but, it may save a lot and give better piece of mind going to them. The big box company guarantees are pretty good and they seem to stand behind them.
I shopped around for some work and even countertops and ended up with a big box store. It turns out that the maker and installer of the countertops were a company that was quoting me the highest price and the big box store used them for the job.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for the reply.. I am going get quote from local stores as well.. but did any has taken the deal from Costco??
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
Pete_Coach wrote: I suggest you shop around.
Yes, big box stores only contract out but, it may save a lot and give better piece of mind going to them. The big box company guarantees are pretty good and they seem to stand behind them.
I shopped around for some work and even countertops and ended up with a big box store. It turns out that the maker and installer of the countertops were a company that was quoting me the highest price and the big box store used them for the job.
That’s why I was planning to go with them but just wanted to know more if some one already bought the same stuff
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1709 posts
716 upvotes
I got a good deal a few years ago at A1 heating and AC. I bought 6 months apart and there were still rebates going on but they were cheaper than some other places I looked. I did not look at Costco so I can't say if they would have had a better deal or not.
-----------------------------------------------------

"It's better to be dead and cool...than alive and uncool!"
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2484 posts
907 upvotes
Woodbridge
Why inflict doubt in posters mind by using “ may not make the right size” without knowing the details? In fact only Lennox makes 45000 which is very suitable for OP situation.
OP please specify the location and size of your home so you get better responses.
Not many installers from GTA may be willing to travel far.

BTW if I was you, I will go with Costco for the quotation you received. Don’t second doubt yourself. Good luck hunting.

P.S : It’s always good to provide as many details as possible in queries to get the right responses especially when there is peculiar situation involved
insertname2020 wrote: Big box stores just contract out, why not bypass that and find a good local contractor directly?

HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Humidifier 2020 Group Buy
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1803 posts
1324 upvotes
GTA West
Techlover wrote: Hi guys.. I want to get my Furnace and AC changed for my house. And want to go for Lennox brand. Please let me know if I should with Costco or Some one else? Also if you can suggest some one in Brantford area. Thanks
When I shopped Lennox, I found that the Costco price was very high compared to a reputable local Lennox dealer on the same furnace. Do shop around. Remember that Costco is not doing any of the work, and just takes a commission.
Oct 19, 2020
322 posts
187 upvotes
newlyborn wrote: Why inflict doubt in posters mind by using “ may not make the right size” without knowing the details? In fact only Lennox makes 45000 which is very suitable for OP situation.
OP please specify the location and size of your home so you get better responses.
You know all the lennox units are available in different sizes compared to most others.
Could be better or worse for the op's home, hence "may".

It's smart to look at more than one brand to find the best fit. If the guy only sells lennox, that's what he'll recommend.
Jun 23, 2019
344 posts
186 upvotes
Make sure you get 3-4 quotes with exactly what will be installed and what modifications to duct work and venting will be included. As for Lennox models I have an EL296E (furnace) with the EL16XC1 (16 SEER A/C) with a CX35 Case Coil, I am VERY happy with this setup.
Jan 18, 2009
120 posts
61 upvotes
Leask
Everybody is an expert these days.
Do your own research decide what you are interested in and obtain various quotes. BUT above all else make sure you get a good installer not somebody that knows somebody who knows somebody who can get you a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9490 posts
2032 upvotes
Somewhere
Funny and true story.

Last year, I was shopping around for an air conditioner installer (just to see my options beyond Craig @ Four Seasons).

I submitted a quote request at Costco Online. I also sent a few emails to local, highly rated companies.

One of them, Husky, called me and said they got my online website quote request and also the Costco Online one, since they were the contracted installer. He said if I go with Costco, it'll be $100 more, but Costco will give me a $100 gift card. Lmao.
:confused:
Oct 19, 2020
322 posts
187 upvotes
iEyeCaptain wrote: Funny and true story.

Last year, I was shopping around for an air conditioner installer (just to see my options beyond Craig @ Four Seasons).

I submitted a quote request at Costco Online. I also sent a few emails to local, highly rated companies.

One of them, Husky, called me and said they got my online website quote request and also the Costco Online one, since they were the contracted installer. He said if I go with Costco, it'll be $100 more, but Costco will give me a $100 gift card. Lmao.
Yup. :)
Nothing's free, the rebate or gift card has gotta come from somewhere.
Same for getting a manufacturer's rebate, it's rolled into the cost of the unit or the parts.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4564 posts
1571 upvotes
Second owner of 2 story detached 1800 sf home.

We changed our builder (home built in 2006) installed Luxaire (Goodman) GM9S060B12UP11 60K BTU furnace in October 2019 to the Lennox ML296UH070XV36B-55 70K BTU 2-Stage Furnace for $2,640 (taxes and installation all included) ... courtesy of Quality Breeze.

We still have the builder installed 2-Ton York Model AY024MA321A from 2006. No refrigerant in May 2020 ... had it recharged for $180 ... AC guy said it should last a year or two, Also asked about a new one ... quoted 2-ton Carrier for $3000 installed.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
18767 posts
2416 upvotes
Out west
Techlover wrote: Thanks for the reply.. I am going get quote from local stores as well.. but did any has taken the deal from Costco??
I went Lennox and Costco for my ac, got double gift card back for their promo. The same one running this month.

Depends on your location, we only have one Lennox installer in out city. So I could bypass Costco, but then I dont get any gift cards. Im sure the local installer does just quotes without Costco, not everyone is a member

I also like that if something does go wrong and the installer turns into a douche, I can go to Costco and go through them.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
18767 posts
2416 upvotes
Out west
airmail wrote: Lennox are CRAP
Please elaborate. Otherwise its a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge scenario
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5481 posts
2148 upvotes
Winnipeg
WikkiWikki wrote: Please elaborate. Otherwise its a Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge scenario
Furnace is less than 6 years old and it’s crapped out 3 times. 3 different parts replaced. Neighbors also have had issues.
Installed a few Goodman’s in my rentals 10 years ago and not a single problem.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
18767 posts
2416 upvotes
Out west
airmail wrote: Furnace is less than 6 years old and it’s crapped out 3 times. 3 different parts replaced. Neighbors also have had issues.
Installed a few Goodman’s in my rentals 10 years ago and not a single problem.
That can be said with any brand. Reviews online are the same for all. Goodman too. Its a crap shoot, from issues like yours, to people never having issues
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
1515 posts
963 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a furnace/AC combo from Costco 5+ years ago and was very glad I had Costco to lean on when I had some initial condensate draining problems on my natural gas SLP98. The issue was so pervasive that they made a modification kit (I have posted about this in the past with a picture) that has solved all the problems. Ever since then the furnace has been running smoothly and efficiently. But I was glad to just have to contact Costco because at one point, the installer, Lennox and the natural gas company were all passing the buck. One email to Costco solved it.

I am convinced there are HVAC contractors that would have given me great service and stood behind their work while probably being cheaper but I was very satisfied (in the end) having gone down the Costco route.