Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada Black Friday

Lenovo 10e Chromebook Tablet - $129 + 12% Rakuten cashback

Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
WillyBaldy wrote: Personally I don't care as I do everything online/cloud with a tablet.
Based on past experience, the OS will become larger and larger with new feature added.

Even if you do not store anything on the tablet, you may still need space to install some apps.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jun 16, 2021
534 posts
782 upvotes
Toronto
I only use it for my bike.

Got the deal at 160 last week. Can't complain.

About the storage size, I dont use any apps other than the bike's. So 32Gb is more than enough.

After echelon bike app and all the updates (to OS, YouTube, Chrome) it has 18.6Gb free.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
$125 now.

==
Strange, it changed back to $129
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Feb 18, 2009
257 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who's got it have issues with the headphone jack? I'm getting constant static even when nothing is playing.
Jul 1, 2006
597 posts
331 upvotes
GTA
got one, great deal. rakuten already posted $17.04
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2973 posts
3013 upvotes
Ottawa
moonjo wrote: Anyone who's got it have issues with the headphone jack? I'm getting constant static even when nothing is playing.
No issues
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1123 posts
1064 upvotes
MARKHAM
Pkosta wrote: Same cpu and gpu and display as Amazon fire HD 10 2021 32gb 3gb RAM0for 135$ but Lenovo 10e has 4gb RAM and os is different,-5$ now
I want to buy a cheap tablet to run home assistant on. Does anyone know if the choosing between the amazon/Lenovo tablet will make a significant difference?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Rakuten may increase the cashback % tomorrow.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2238 posts
4456 upvotes
moufasa wrote: I want to buy a cheap tablet to run home assistant on. Does anyone know if the choosing between the amazon/Lenovo tablet will make a significant difference?
I assume you mean the HA dashboard, rather than the Home Assistant core itself?

If you're planning to wall mount it, then I would recommend the Amazon tablet because wall mounts for that are much easier to find (like this, for example).

If you don't need a fancy wall mount, then I don't think the Fire HD 10 has any advantage over the Lenovo 10e.
On vacation
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4246 posts
1670 upvotes
Belle River
So a "Chromebook" doesn't necessarily mean it includes a keyboard? I just assumed all Chromebooks were like laptops. Does something being called a Chromebook basically just mean it runs Chrome OS?
Nov 14, 2012
182 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
Can this tablet do powerpoint presentations with a USB-C HDMI dongle?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1819 posts
1510 upvotes
toronto
Thanks OP ordered was on the fence but at this price I will take it.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: So a "Chromebook" doesn't necessarily mean it includes a keyboard? I just assumed all Chromebooks were like laptops. Does something being called a Chromebook basically just mean it runs Chrome OS?
This one is called Chromebook Tablet and it does have a keyboard that sold separately.
Last edited by 9613019 on Nov 25th, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
RodgetheDodge wrote: Can this tablet do powerpoint presentations with a USB-C HDMI dongle?
Looks like the USB-C port is for charging only.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3912 posts
4763 upvotes
Canada
LENOVO Description:
Fits effortlessly into your schools Chromebook ecosystem
Great for Kindergarten thru Grade 2
Classroom ready and easy to use
Boosts learning and creativity
Considering this, even though I have a drawer full of 8" and 7" tablets that I stopped using about 2 years ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
RodgetheDodge wrote: Can this tablet do powerpoint presentations with a USB-C HDMI dongle?

Please note this budget tablet is lack of a chip to properly do the hdmi signal, however it does support usb c to hdmi, but there is a catch! I believe it can only do 1080p at 30hz which a lot of monitors do not support.

I remembered seeing ppl using specific usb c hdmi dongle to successfully do it.
Nov 1, 2010
183 posts
40 upvotes
Ordered one earlier but am still debating if this is what I’m looking for or not.

My wife has a small online business selling some jewelry she makes. She’s looking for something she can use to help her manage her photos and posts on Instagram and Facebook as well as work with google sheets and google docs and e-mail. Maybe also watch some Netflix and YouTube from time to time but thats about as intense as her computing gets. She is not a power user by any stretch. She also plans on keeping her data in the cloud as well. Little to no local storage of any files.

Will this do the trick? She’s coming from an older Samsung tab 7 which served her well, but now she wants something g she can sit at a desk and work on or just pick up and go.

I also bought the keyboard for her. I’m going to assume a Bluetooth mouse will work? Any other options for mice? I see above that we don’t know if the usb c port works for devices or if it’s just power only?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2101 posts
2930 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Dupe thread, the other one isn't expired ..
Dec 28, 2005
656 posts
224 upvotes
Near VanCity
Thanks OP. Had one in the cart, but decided not to purchase. Basic case is OOS. Good deal, though!