Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada Black Friday

Lenovo 10e Chromebook Tablet - $129 + 12% Rakuten cashback

Jan 25, 2018
32 posts
77 upvotes
FatSheep wrote: Please note this budget tablet is lack of a chip to properly do the hdmi signal, however it does support usb c to hdmi, but there is a catch! I believe it can only do 1080p at 30hz which a lot of monitors do not support.

I remembered seeing ppl using specific usb c hdmi dongle to successfully do it.
Interesting. I ordered one and planned to use it for a similar purpose. Any insights on where you read about a specific dongle that worked? Nothing comes up when I Google Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2013
1185 posts
2149 upvotes
joel1231 wrote: Interesting. I ordered one and planned to use it for a similar purpose. Any insights on where you read about a specific dongle that worked? Nothing comes up when I Google Disappointed Face

There you go
staples-lenovo-ideapad-duet-chromebook- ... 2458692/3/
Please note that the Lenovo duet and Lenovo 10e are identical in terms of the baseboard (motherboard in chrome os device), so the usb c hdmi issue is the same
Mar 27, 2021
389 posts
475 upvotes
FatSheep wrote: There you go
staples-lenovo-ideapad-duet-chromebook- ... 2458692/3/
Please note that the Lenovo duet and Lenovo 10e are identical in terms of the baseboard (motherboard in chrome os device), so the usb c hdmi issue is the same
Performance wise, it's pretty decent. Pick up a cheap bluetooth keyboard/mouse and you have a fully functioning computer. I use my Chromebook for banking mostly, ChromeOS feels a lot safer than Windows, and 4gig ram is plenty enough for 8-12 browser tabs, videos and Android apps.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
how's lenovo return policy?
Signature removed due to rule violation
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
These cannot run android apps right? is there a similar android tablet deal this black fridayu? My Asus Nexus 7 seems very slow.
Feb 18, 2009
257 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Coming from Android 4.4 tablet, it's great performance wise with a nice display.
But I decided to return it because it's big and heavy compared to my old 8 in tablet. I need something that I can hold comfortably in one hand.
I didn't like Chrome os navigation. I guess you could get used to it. but I'd rather just use Android. Also, you have to install Linux to install non-play store apps. That's a minimum 2gb off the already small disk space.
Speakers are crap and they're on 1 side so if you hold it in portrait mode, they're basically mono.
Finally, the headphone jack was making statics all the time, even when I'm not playing anything. Tried out 4 different headphones, definitely not the headphone issue.
Maybe I got a lemon but I don't really love it enough to go through the hassle of exchange.
Jun 17, 2003
803 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone who owns it have an opinion on the camera? How would it compare for video calling to (at the low end:) an Amazon Fire or (at the higher end) are base iPad?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1138 posts
2567 upvotes
does this work well for xcloud?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2973 posts
3013 upvotes
Ottawa
westnylefx wrote: These cannot run android apps right? is there a similar android tablet deal this black fridayu? My Asus Nexus 7 seems very slow.
The Play Store comes pre-installed
Nov 28, 2016
250 posts
360 upvotes
Bought it a week ago when it was $159. My experience is based on Chrome OS 94.0.4606.124 and you might have very different experience. So far, my main complaints are mainly about the Android side.

**Bugs**
- Play Store installs/updates pending forever.
- Android apps will fail to connect to the Internet after a while for no reason, forcing you to reboot the device. It gets annoying real quick. A Powerwash helps, but Android apps will be broken again a few days later.

**Pros**
- Desktop Chrome on a tablet is simply awesome.
- Great display. I compare it to Fire HD 10 and some mid-range Samsung tablets and I still prefer 10e's display. I really like the default color profile, it looks vivid and true to life. This is just my personal opinion though.
- You get 3 months of YouTube Premier, 12 months of 100GB Google One Storage and 3 months or Stadia Pro with the device, the total retail value for these is about $90.
- It will get updates until June 2028, probably longer than 99% of the current tablets.

**Cons**
- Chromebook can only supports Widevine L3 for Android apps due to some limitations. Thus, the max resolution you get from most popular streaming services is 480P. Sure, you can use the web versions, but I still can't stream Prime Video and Disney+ at 1080P. In addition, web versions usually are not very optimized for touch control. A deal breaker for me.
- I have used other Chromebook laptops before, while not very fast, they never feel unresponsive. However, 10e feels slow AND unresponsive from time to time, which really drives me crazy.
- Speaker is not very loud. Even my phone has a louder speaker.
- 32GB storage (system takes 11.4GB) and no SD slot for expansion.
- No auto brightness, why?

**Other thought**
- Chrome OS is more like a desktop OS, you can't just connect the device to your PC to transfer data via USB like other tablets.

Since it's only $129 now, you can definitely give it a shot. However, with all the problems mentioned above, I do not recommend this tablet at its current state especially if you intend to use it for media consumption.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
RodgetheDodge wrote: Can this tablet do powerpoint presentations with a USB-C HDMI dongle?
There's a better way: you can connect a Chromecast to the TV and cast to it wirelessly. This is actually how it's intended to be used, Google Slides has a great presentation mode.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2101 posts
2930 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Money4Red wrote: Bought it a week ago when it was $159. My experience is based on Chrome OS 94.0.4606.124 and you might have very different experience. So far, my main complaints are mainly about the Android side.

**Bugs**
- Android apps will fail to connect to the Internet after a while for no reason, forcing you to reboot the device. It gets annoying real quick. A Powerwash helps, but Android apps will be broken again a few days later.

**Pros**
- Great display. I compare it to Fire HD 10 and some mid-range Samsung tablets and I still prefer 10e's display. I really like the default color profile, it looks vivid and true to life. This is just my personal opinion though.
- You get 3 months of YouTube Premier, 12 months of 100GB Google One Storage and 3 months or Stadia Pro with the device, the total retail value for these is about $90.
- It will get updates until June 2028, probably longer than 99% of the current tablets.

**Cons**
- Chromebook can only supports Widevine L3 for Android apps due to some limitations. Thus, the max resolution you get from most popular streaming services is 480P. Sure, you can use the web versions, but I still can't stream Prime Video and Disney+ at 1080P. In addition, web versions usually are not very optimized for touch control. A deal breaker for me.
- I have used other Chromebook laptops before, while not very fast, they never feel unresponsive. However, 10e feels slow AND unresponsive from time to time, which really drives me crazy.

**Other thought**
- Chrome OS is more like a desktop OS, you can't just connect the device to your PC to transfer data via USB like other tablets.

Since it's only $129 now, you can definitely give it a shot. However, with all the problems mentioned above, I do not recommend this tablet at its current state especially if you intend to use it for media consumption.
Did yours go through firmware update? Mine works fine after that update along with the 3-4 chrome OS updates.
Nov 28, 2016
250 posts
360 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Did yours go through firmware update? Mine works fine after that update along with the 3-4 chrome OS updates.
Updating the device was the first thing I did when I noticed the problem. Try to use it for a few more days and see what happens. Mine worked fine after the Powerwash, and then the problem reappeared yesterday.
Sep 25, 2019
953 posts
2188 upvotes
Money4Red wrote: Bought it a week ago when it was $159. My experience is based on Chrome OS 94.0.4606.124 and you might have very different experience. So far, my main complaints are mainly about the Android side.

**Bugs**

**Pros**

**Cons**

**Other thought**

We try at work for looking using browser and the Samsung tablets are faster. Not know why.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2101 posts
2930 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
Money4Red wrote: Updating the device was the first thing I did when I noticed the problem. Try to use it for a few more days and see what happens. Mine worked fine after the Powerwash, and then the problem reappeared yesterday.
Not only updating device but in addition, it did a firmware update. Did you get that too?
Nov 28, 2016
250 posts
360 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: Not only updating device but in addition, it did a firmware update. Did you get that too?
Can't remember. Can't find anything about firmware on the setting.
Dec 21, 2009
335 posts
47 upvotes
niagara
That doesn't necessarily mean it runs the google play store and use the apps. I have been doing some digging and there are certain steps to take to make this work. The e10 is not listed as one of the devices that can use apps according to google
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2960 posts
632 upvotes
of the 3 tablets around this range. if this the best value one then? (firehd 10, samsung a7 lite, or t his chromebook 10e)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5347 posts
2684 upvotes
WFH
FatSheep wrote: The 32emmc without the microsd kills it.
The good thing tho, it guarantees the OS updates to like 2028. So it is NOT a cheap tablet you get from Samsung, LG clearance that never has OS updates since you bought it. It other words, it will be guaranteed the set of features as other premium chrome os devices with $2000 price tag.

Ah, I forgot Google introduced the Linux feature to my chromebook so late that I swear to never get another chrome os device.
i wonder how well 2028 features will work on an entry level 2021 tablet? It's not going to be pretty.

I'm more concerned about a serious lack of reviews of this tablet. Lenovo have released some crap tablets in the past.