Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada Black Friday

Lenovo 10e Chromebook Tablet - $129 + 12% Rakuten cashback

Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
Prestox wrote: I received the tablet, yesterday. It can download apps from the Google Play store. Sideloading is possible, as well.
Rotation was buggy for a bit. I had it locked on Horizontal, but it kept wanting to flip to portrait when I tilted it, but after some updates, it seems to behave. The charger is weak-ass, but I have other 18W+ USB-C adapters that I can use.

I wish it would allow for a 4-digit PIN for unlock.
do u know how to turn on chrome os developer mode using power buttons volumes..it's not simple sideloading like anormol tablet
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5991 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
Straight out of the box, I hooked up a USB hub with PD and plugged an ethernet dongle into that.
Did first update to firmware.

After first update, it claimed that there wasn't another. Also, installing Linux subsystem failed with a non-specific diagnostic.
It turned out that after the update, the tablet didn't see the ethernet. I poked about in settings to fix that and things then worked.

After second firmware update, I was wiser. Same problem, easy solution: unplug and replug the dongle. Odd.

I had to ask explicitly for app updates too. Why?
May 30, 2006
704 posts
1129 upvotes
TFC2007 wrote: Screenshot 2021-11-30 12.39.40.jpg

You can definitely install the Android app from Play Store, but the maximum resolution is 480p.

The best way is to turn the Netflix webpage into a progressive app and stream at full HD 1080p:

-Navigate to www.netflix.com
-Sign in/sign up
-Tap the three dots on the upper right corner of the browser
-More tools/Create a shortcut/Check Open as a window/Create

You can find the new Netflix app in the App Launcher, pin it to the taskbar etc.
Any idea how to cast Netflix if not using the actual app from Play store? Can't seem to find the cast button after following your instructions.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
Slant wrote: Any idea how to cast Netflix if not using the actual app from Play store? Can't seem to find the cast button after following your instructions.
Unfortunately, you can only mirror your screen by using the cast button from the bottom right corner menu.
However, this is just a solution for watching Netflix on the tablet itself at 1080p resolution, If your TV or box has the ability to be a cast target, then most likely it already has a Netflix app built-in, no need to cast from the Chromebook.
May 30, 2006
704 posts
1129 upvotes
TFC2007 wrote: Unfortunately, you can only mirror your screen by using the cast button from the bottom right corner menu.
Thank you! That's exactly the info I was looking for. First time Chromebook user still trying to figure the UI.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5991 posts
3584 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh wrote: Straight out of the box, I hooked up a USB hub with PD and plugged an ethernet dongle into that.
Did first update to firmware.

After first update, it claimed that there wasn't another. Also, installing Linux subsystem failed with a non-specific diagnostic.
It turned out that after the update, the tablet didn't see the ethernet. I poked about in settings to fix that and things then worked.

After second firmware update, I was wiser. Same problem, easy solution: unplug and replug the dongle. Odd.

I had to ask explicitly for app updates too. Why?
Mea Culpa: the ethernet problems were surely caused by a rogue DHCP server on my LAN.
Apr 15, 2021
2 posts
12 upvotes
instructions to enter developper mode
Images
  • Screenshot_20211223-144319_Chrome.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2197 posts
2411 upvotes
its also super frustrating that once I've enabled devloper mode, it boots directly to that everytime you turn the tablet on. I bought this for my kids, and having them boot through that is going to be a PITA. I've really regretting this chromebook right now.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
wildzero wrote: its also super frustrating that once I've enabled devloper mode, it boots directly to that everytime you turn the tablet on. I bought this for my kids, and having them boot through that is going to be a PITA. I've really regretting this chromebook right now.
Ya I hate when u reboot u still gotta manually press those buttons again!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
Anyone know how to switch between users? It looks like I have to sign out of one user to login with another. I thought you were supposed to be able to simply switch without signing out...
Sep 4, 2016
200 posts
136 upvotes
Montreal
Was anyone able to find a cheap case for it?
I am a Fizz, Rogers and Tangerine customer. Avid Linux user
Aug 21, 2006
93 posts
114 upvotes
moonjo wrote: Anyone who's got it have issues with the headphone jack? I'm getting constant static even when nothing is playing.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem, most noticable when listening at low volumes. Unplugging the charger seems to reduce the buzzing but it's still there, just quieter.