Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

($539.33) Lenovo P27u 4K USB-C monitor

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2019 6:24 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario

[Lenovo Canada] ($539.33) Lenovo P27u 4K USB-C monitor

The Lenovo P27u 27" 4K USB-C monitor is on sale -- lowest I've ever seen ($539.33). It was at $559 during Black Friday and Boxing Day.

Ebates for Lenovo is currently 5% which isn't the best ever, but not horrible. An extra >$25 in your pocket.
18 replies
Nov 3, 2018
447 posts
992 upvotes
the p27h should be plenty enough. 4k resolution is overkill at this monitor size.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
supremePug wrote: the p27h should be plenty enough. 4k resolution is overkill at this monitor size.
Total matter of opinion. I have 2x P24h (same resolution as P27h, but smaller) and am tired of seeing pixels.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
lefroset wrote: Total matter of opinion. I have 2x P24h (same resolution as P27h, but smaller) and am tired of seeing pixels.
I'm guessing you have scaling enabled. (...and it's actually pixels that you're seeing..that's the whole point).
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
chatbox wrote: I'm guessing you have scaling enabled. (...and it's actually pixels that you're seeing..that's the whole point).
I run at 100%
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
lefroset wrote: I run at 100%
Do you do any Office related tasks? Text-related? Or you use them for media creation?

And how far away do you sit (your eyes, to be precise) from the displays? Do you have 20/15 vision or something?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2014
1073 posts
1308 upvotes
Southern Ontario
chatbox wrote: Do you do any Office related tasks? Text-related? Or you use them for media creation?

And how far away do you sit (your eyes, to be precise) from the displays?
Both.. for work is a lot of MS Office and some industry-specific software, but personal use is more media-oriented.

As far as distance goes, I have them VESA mounted to a wall, with a 27” deep desk in between me and them.

I’m very mildly near-sighted. Not enough to need glasses while driving.

Anyway... the point is, if someone wants something like this monitor, it’s at the best price I’ve seen.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
lefroset wrote: Both.. for work is a lot of MS Office and some industry-specific software, but personal use is more media-oriented.

As far as distance goes, I have them VESA mounted to a wall, with a 27” deep desk in between me and them.

I’m very mildly near-sighted. Not enough to need glasses while driving.
I'm so envious of people who don't need glasses.

So it seems like QHD @ 24 inch @ 100% is doable for some people...
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
3x24" 1080P will keep me happy for years to come lol
---
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1841 posts
946 upvotes
Unrelated question:
So I have a Dell monitor that has 1 HDMI and 1 USB-C port and, for the life of me, I cannot find a HDMI *TO* USB-C connection, only reverse. Would like to have 2 HDMI inputs. Any takers?
USB C is great for plugging laptops and such into, but for some reason, no adapter so I can convert it to a regular HDMI port for some reason. The USB-C to HDMI converters do not work backwards.
Help?
Mar 5, 2010
740 posts
496 upvotes
Ottawa
supremePug wrote: the p27h should be plenty enough. 4k resolution is overkill at this monitor size.
i've been using a p2715q for the past few weeks and it looks pretty great. it's probably not a huge difference compared to the u2713hm i was using prior but it is noticeable.
Nov 8, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
Warning! This model buzzes (high pitched) when used with USB c some cheap transformer to charge buyer beware there is a big thread by owners on the Lenovo forum. If you are not using the USBc hub / single point of connection you won’t be affected.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
What are some good monitors nowadays? My bf bought me one of those cheap Korean panels a couple of years ago are they still good? I'm looking for an upgrade to maybe 4k. But at least 1440p. I also have an ultrasharp 24" I think.
Apr 27, 2010
636 posts
278 upvotes
nambit wrote: Unrelated question:
So I have a Dell monitor that has 1 HDMI and 1 USB-C port and, for the life of me, I cannot find a HDMI *TO* USB-C connection, only reverse. Would like to have 2 HDMI inputs. Any takers?
USB C is great for plugging laptops and such into, but for some reason, no adapter so I can convert it to a regular HDMI port for some reason. The USB-C to HDMI converters do not work backwards.
Help?
Why don't you grab an HDMI switch? There's automatic ones as well as manual ones if you don't want to spend a lot.

Something like this: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8150
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6721 upvotes
Alberta
vivibaby wrote: What are some good monitors nowadays? My bf bought me one of those cheap Korean panels a couple of years ago are they still good? I'm looking for an upgrade to maybe 4k. But at least 1440p. I also have an ultrasharp 24" I think.
I use the Asus PG27UQ with 4K, 144hz and true HDR. The gaming experience is amazing but the price will be off-putting to many around here. I picked op a decent deal on it through the newegg ebay store on black friday for $2100 I think... To my knowledge, this is the only monitor to offer 4K and HDR besides the new Acer Predator that also uses the same panel... IMO, HDR is the bigger evolutionary step ahead of the resolution jump to 4K.
Jul 17, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Milton
I picked up 2 of these ( Lenovo L27q 27" Monitor) last year for the same price as the P27u. No complaints. Great monitors

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)