Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Ebay.ca - (Lenovo Store) Y740 ,17.3, 144hz, 300 nit, RTX2070 8GBMax Q, i7-8750H, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD = $1399 + TAX

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1102 posts
656 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Ebay.ca - (Lenovo Store) Y740 ,17.3, 144hz, 300 nit, RTX2070 8GBMax Q, i7-8750H, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD = $1399 + TAX

Didn't buy but seems like a nice deal for a RTX + Thunderbolt 3 Laptop with a 17 inch/144hz screen.
Don't forget the 2.5% Ebates

1. Mini DP
2. HDMI
3. Ethernet
4. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
5. AC adapter
6. Kensington® lock slot
7. USB 3.1 Gen 2
8. Headphone/mic combo
9. Thunderbolt™ 3 USB Type-C
10. RGB Keyboard
11. G-Sync
12. The actual Item description from Lenovo indicates a brightness up to 500 Nits. Pretty sure that's BS but reviews have shown at least 300 Nits
Again didn't buy but it should come out to $1581 CAD shipped

kudos to the OP here for this other deal who perked my curiousity as I wouldn't of stumbled upon this Y740 deal otherwise.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay-can ... 0-2347030/
Last edited by FlukeSkywalker on Jan 9th, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thread Summary
Straight buy.

2070 Max-Q isn't a 2070 Regular, but at this price, it's a fine compromise.

Should do 1080p120/144 on almost any AAA.

-- RFDGuy
135 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6182 posts
4970 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not in the market for a laptop, but i'd say this is pretty damn hot
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2493 posts
1717 upvotes
Kitchener
I would buy if I didn't just buy a i9 9900ks for my desktop.
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6820 posts
1179 upvotes
Toronto
It is quite hot.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Member
Apr 27, 2013
403 posts
372 upvotes
I would buy if I had money Confused Face
Last edited by namomaz on Jan 9th, 2020 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jun 30, 2019
85 posts
273 upvotes
Isn't lenovo's quality and reliability dogsh*t compared to other brands?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2493 posts
1717 upvotes
Kitchener
namomaz wrote: I would buy if I had money Confused Face
same :(
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Sr. Member
Mar 26, 2012
974 posts
557 upvotes
Note that its shipped from the US so may be duties...and don't even think about returns/exchanges/refunds without a lot of hassle. Pass from me
Member
Nov 3, 2011
273 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Man... If only I needed a 2nd laptop or had some cash laying around. I bought the Dell gtx 1060 deal with free mixed reality headset from Microsoft store 2 years ago for cheap technically because I just sold the headset few days later.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2011
1410 posts
496 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: Note that its shipped from the US so may be duties...and don't even think about returns/exchanges/refunds without a lot of hassle. Pass from me
Uh no :facepalm: , when you checkout they require tax. Which means you will not be charged anything when it arrives at your door.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2493 posts
1717 upvotes
Kitchener
halhen1 wrote: Uh no :facepalm: , when you checkout they require tax. Which means you will not be charged anything when it arrives at your door.
"Shipping:FREE Standard Shipping | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. (?) "

Then when you click the (?) it brings this up:

"International Shipping - items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.
Sellers set the item's declared value and must comply with customs declaration laws.
As the buyer, you should be aware of possible:
- delays from customs inspection.
- import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
- brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
Your country's customs office can offer more details, or visit eBay's page on international trade."
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
4321 posts
2118 upvotes
Toronto
NowJoJo wrote: "Shipping:FREE Standard Shipping | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. (?) "

Then when you click the (?) it brings this up
"International Shipping - items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.
Sellers set the item's declared value and must comply with customs declaration laws.
As the buyer, you should be aware of possible:
- delays from customs inspection.
- import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
- brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
Your country's customs office can offer more details, or visit eBay's page on international trade."
Typically when you've already paid taxes at the time of sale, they don't charge further duties, which are basically just GST/PST/HST anyways.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 17, 2011
1410 posts
496 upvotes
NowJoJo wrote: "Shipping:FREE Standard Shipping | See details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges. (?) "

Then when you click the (?) it brings this up:

"International Shipping - items may be subject to customs processing depending on the item's declared value.
Sellers set the item's declared value and must comply with customs declaration laws.
As the buyer, you should be aware of possible:
- delays from customs inspection.
- import duties and taxes which buyers must pay.
- brokerage fees payable at the point of delivery.
Your country's customs office can offer more details, or visit eBay's page on international trade."
:facepalm: That's just a standard message that's always posted. Did you even try checking out?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
2493 posts
1717 upvotes
Kitchener
halhen1 wrote: :facepalm: That's just a standard message that's always posted. Did you even try checking out?
I do not have the money to purchase a laptop like this...

I was just trying to help Confused Face
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Member
User avatar
Dec 24, 2011
254 posts
405 upvotes
TORONTO, Canada
Heck of a deal. I just bought it and was about to post it too. The RTX 2070 max Q (basically a tiny bit better than the RYX 2060) and the thunderbolt port sold it for me, plus how easy it is to beef this up with a second ssd once you remove the HDD.

I’ve been waiting for a Y740 deal. This is it. Don’t worry about the i7-8750H being a gen old - performs much the same as the current ones.
Last edited by RaiderX on Jan 9th, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top