Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Ebay.ca - (Lenovo Store) Y740 ,17.3, 144hz, 300 nit, RTX2070 8GBMax Q, i7-8750H, 16GB, 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD = $1399 + TAX

Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
2794 posts
1277 upvotes
West Coast
Good deal, kinda wish I didn't scratch my itch with the 600 dollar Asus 1650 laptop from Microsoft a whole back.

Granted, this is a beast by comparison, but I have my ghetto rig now so can't justify this one too.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Newbie
Jul 27, 2008
9 posts
1 upvote
Ontario
I just bought one and it's being shipped. Can I return it and snag this deal? Jeezus!
Newbie
Jun 26, 2019
30 posts
19 upvotes
Paigne wrote: Hot deal, if i didnt buy an asus rog, i would consider this. Tho after testing i prefer rog over y740, this price is very hot. Wish it wasnt a max q CPU but if it wasnt, i suspect there might be a heat issue.

Only thing i like to point out is if you are reading reviews on this, remember reviews are y740 15.6" version has a different (better) screen than this so its something to consider. Y740 17" screen didn't look very good to me at microsoft store. The 15.6" looked quite a bit brighter/better.
Which ROG did you get? I got the Walmart Strix 2 with the full 2070. But box was not sealed.

I'm still within return period and this is very tempting at ~400 cheaper...
Newbie
Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: $expletive

I literally paid $1337+tax for a Y540 with a RTX2060 on Black Friday. Granted I got $100ish cash back but still.
Y740 with the same configuration would have been closer to $1500.

A Y740 with even a MaxQ of a 2070 for $1400 is damn near price error territory.
This would be literally gaming grade notebook #5 I've actually purchased and returned the previous if I pull the trigger.
I'm actually tempted to buy it and sell my Y540 privately since it's out of return period.

I hate you OP.
By no means am I tech savvy, but I read somewhere that an i9750 with 2060 will outperform an i8750 with 2070 maxQ.

Looks like you get better display and a RGB keyboard on the y740 though. I’m on the fence about whether I will return the y540 I got (with 1 year ultimate warranty) and buy this y740 or just stick with what I have. The previous return to Lenovo was an absolute nightmare which required me to file a chargeback request.
Jr. Member
Nov 30, 2009
160 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone figure out the model number of this guy? I'm trying to look up it's screen on Notebookcheck
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3469 posts
2102 upvotes
Vancouver
theotherstig wrote: Which ROG did you get? I got the Walmart Strix 2 with the full 2070. But box was not sealed.

I'm still within return period and this is very tempting at ~400 cheaper...
Nope i bought the recent one combining 2 promo to make it effectively $1700 + tax ($2000 minus GC @ ~16.7% off)

https://www.visions.ca/product-detail/5 ... 531GW-PB74

This is tempting since its $300 cheaper but again i wasnt impressed with Y740 keyboard and the 17" screen is inferior in my opinion. The 15.6" y740 has a much better screen that Lenovo should've used for the 17". If it was that screen , probably would return my Asus (tho then i need to find something else to buy with $2300 GC lol).
Newbie
Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
Zida wrote: Can anyone figure out the model number of this guy? I'm trying to look up it's screen on Notebookcheck
81HH0000US?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2012
1138 posts
696 upvotes
Zida wrote: Can anyone figure out the model number of this guy? I'm trying to look up it's screen on Notebookcheck
I believe this is the number, found it in the item description.

MPN = 81HH0000US
Penalty Box
User avatar
May 15, 2016
5455 posts
1845 upvotes
Nope. Price error last March was around 1300 so not as good as a price error.
Member
Apr 21, 2012
384 posts
495 upvotes
Ontario
Nice find. Bought the Y540 on the price error. I'd have prefered this. Keyboard doesn't have the messed up F keys like the 15inch Y740. The 9750 in the Y540 is roughly an 8850 if it were to exist. Ultimately very little difference and the lemons they sold us didn't get any of the security improvements in the hardware which actually made the difference.

Expect to need to buy a 1tb SSD. Y540 required a single sided NVME SSD like the WD Black 1TB which can go on sale for around $200. Games are just too big these days.

Thunderbolt is a huge bonus for the future (3-4 years) when the graphics card starts to show its age.

*The Y740 also has a much nicer build quality.

**oh and I'm very happy with the Y540 so enjoy for those who get this!
Newbie
Sep 29, 2009
3 posts
Windsor
Is this a authorized retailer of Lenovo? How is the warranty being handled? Thanks!
Newbie
Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
mobbie wrote: Nice find. Bought the Y540 on the price error. I'd have prefered this. Keyboard doesn't have the messed up F keys like the 15inch Y740. The 9750 in the Y540 is roughly an 8850 if it were to exist. Ultimately very little difference and the lemons they sold us didn't get any of the security improvements in the hardware which actually made the difference.

Expect to need to buy a 1tb SSD. Y540 required a single sided NVME SSD like the WD Black 1TB which can go on sale for around $200. Games are just too big these days.

Thunderbolt is a huge bonus for the future (3-4 years) when the graphics card starts to show its age.

*The Y740 also has a much nicer build quality.

**oh and I'm very happy with the Y540 so enjoy for those who get this!
If they were the same price, which is a better option:

Y540 with i9750, rtx2060, Windows 10 Pro, and 1 year ultimate warranty; or
Y740 with i8740 and rtx2070 MaxQ
Newbie
Aug 9, 2010
86 posts
40 upvotes
Barrie
yqinca wrote: Is this a authorized retailer of Lenovo? How is the warranty being handled? Thanks!
From what I can see, it's official Lenovo Canada
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
4481 posts
1181 upvotes
Kitchener
Almost makes me want to put my y540 on sale and get this. Almost.
This space is intentionally left blank.

Top