Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada eBay Store

Lenovo Chromebook Duet 2 in 1, 10.1" FHD IPS Touch 400 nits w/ 64GB eMMC ($280 - $56 = $224)

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
echo_jey wrote: Lol, did you buy ? I bought it hope it’s good usable one not like blackberry playbook
I believe that's a 2011 relic, that's solidly pre-woke era with ancient hardware.

Not a fair comparison.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
redflagdealsguy wrote: I believe that's a 2011 relic, that's solidly pre-woke era with ancient hardware.

Not a fair comparison.
I'm still using my Playbook! Not as a primary device, of course. Not even as a secondary device. Just for email, an IP Cam app, and music player occasionally.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
number17 wrote: When Duet came out I thought it was a really nice Chromebook device at a very attractive price, and several times i tried to justify myself buying it, but every time I came to the conclusion that what I need is an upgrade version of my 13" chromebook and not a tablet.
Man I so feel ya. Err metaphorically ofcos. Only reason why I still haven't pulled the trigger on this awesome Duet deal (esp 128 gb with pen cos @250, its a steal) is cos like you, I'm struggling with difficulty to find a use for it. Nevermind need.

Like you, my heart jumps a beat whenever I see a deal on a high end CB despite the present 3yr old HP x360 14 doing just fine. I've been eyeing the Lenovo C13 ryzen 7 16gb gb beast. With present 15% rakuten & code, I can get it at just a hair <$700. Boy 0 boy I was so tempted. Got it in the cart & even reached payment but couldn't do the dirty deed.

AMD's ryzen soc is great but the one mentioned is the 2gen behind 3k series. Plus for now, ryzen's optimization with chromeOS isn't good as least vis a vis Intel. But I was soooo close. I love my 8gb ram CB. Can't imagine what 16gb brings me. Maybe like a 100 open tabsFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 8, 2008
63 posts
37 upvotes
Stouffville
peakingduck wrote: Anyone's 128 ship out yet?
Lenovo sent me an UPS tracking number but it seems like UPS hasn't received the package yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Man I so feel ya. Err metaphorically ofcos. Only reason why I still haven't pulled the trigger on this awesome Duet deal (esp 128 gb with pen cos @250, its a steal) is cos like you, I'm struggling with difficulty to find a use for it. Nevermind need.

Like you, my heart jumps a beat whenever I see a deal on a high end CB despite the present 3yr old HP x360 14 doing just fine. I've been eyeing the Lenovo C13 ryzen 7 16gb gb beast. With present 15% rakuten & code, I can get it at just a hair <$700. Boy 0 boy I was so tempted. Got it in the cart & even reached payment but couldn't do the dirty deed.

AMD's ryzen soc is great but the one mentioned is the 2gen behind 3k series. Plus for now, ryzen's optimization with chromeOS isn't good as least vis a vis Intel. But I was soooo close. I love my 8gb ram CB. Can't imagine what 16gb brings me. Maybe like a 100 open tabsFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Yeah and as good as the specs may be, $700 for a Chromebook sounds like an overkill and a bad investment today. Chromebook is great but it is what it is, it has its limitation and it will always have them. I can't edit video's on a chromebook (not in the same serious manner), I can't seriously edit photos on a chromebook either because it doesn't have the softwares. It doesn't have PS or LR (like the REAL versions, not the online versions with tons of limitations) so even if the Chromebook has the horsepower to do it it doesn't have the software support.

So it cannot be an only machine but I do find myself using the Chromebook 90% of the times cause for everything else (web browsing, watching content, or even Office apps like powerpoint, spreadsheet, Doc etc) it is great. Just waiting for a good deal to upgrade my R13 as it is getting sluggish
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
number17 wrote: ... my R13 as it is getting sluggish
Its not your R13 getting sluggish. I think its cos you're demanding more out of it than when you 1st got it. FWIW my CBs have never slowed down since day 1 but instead the UI has improved with fw updates.

No offense ya but IMO the issue with your R13 is the mediocre MTK soc (heck I think the Duet's soc might be faster) & the 4gb ram. 4gb might be decent a few years ago but its minimal nowadays. If you don't mind Amazon refurb, this Acer spin 713 with the 10th gen i3 + 8gb ram will be a huge upgrade over what you have now. Its also has 128gb storage & a gorgeous QHD 3:2 display. Its a decent deal for $569 even for a refurb. I would buy this if I didn't have an equivalent machine.

IMO $500-600 is what a good mid range CB will cost. I paid mid $5xx for my HP x360 & no regrets. Again IMO $700 is not ridiculous money for a high end machine which guarantees updates til '29. My only struggle is cos the HP is perfectly fine & I'm quite happy with it even after 3+ yrs. Its the upgraditis fever burning hot as all.

But you're correct. CBs aren't for power users that need graphic intensive apps or gaming or other such. Instead its for the majority of the population that are light users & in that capacity, CBs are unbeatable. IMO ofcos.

PS: Its not too late to pull the trigger on the Lenovo C13 ryzen 7 16gb 256 model as the 15% rakuten is still on. IMO $700 is a good deal for a totl machine that'll keep you happy for years & years. Or til upgraditis hits..Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Jun 21, 2009
202 posts
201 upvotes
I have tried to get this for $224 (64gb via e-bay) but the closes I get is $284 (taxes included).
What am I missing ? or is the deal dead ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
If someone wanted this deal but didn't get it, you can buy the one I'm going to receive.

I have buyer's remorse now but was too late to cancel it so it will be sent to me. I will return it if nobody wants.

I'm in Pickering. I bought the wireless buds as well for a total of $311.99 (128gb model with pen & wireless buds taxes included)
Mar 26, 2015
272 posts
787 upvotes
Montreal, QC
crane007 wrote: I have tried to get this for $224 (64gb via e-bay) but the closes I get is $284 (taxes included).
What am I missing ? or is the deal dead ?
Looks like the price went up for that item from $279.99 to $284.99 at some point today.
The last one that sold for $279.99 was 30 Aug 2021 at 6:08:08 EDT.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Its not your R13 getting sluggish. I think its cos you're demanding more out of it than when you 1st got it. FWIW my CBs have never slowed down since day 1 but instead the UI has improved with fw updates.

No offense ya but IMO the issue with your R13 is the mediocre MTK soc (heck I think the Duet's soc might be faster) & the 4gb ram. 4gb might be decent a few years ago but its minimal nowadays. If you don't mind Amazon refurb, this Acer spin 713 with the 10th gen i3 + 8gb ram will be a huge upgrade over what you have now. Its also has 128gb storage & a gorgeous QHD 3:2 display. Its a decent deal for $569 even for a refurb. I would buy this if I didn't have an equivalent machine.

IMO $500-600 is what a good mid range CB will cost. I paid mid $5xx for my HP x360 & no regrets. Again IMO $700 is not ridiculous money for a high end machine which guarantees updates til '29. My only struggle is cos the HP is perfectly fine & I'm quite happy with it even after 3+ yrs. Its the upgraditis fever burning hot as all.

But you're correct. CBs aren't for power users that need graphic intensive apps or gaming or other such. Instead its for the majority of the population that are light users & in that capacity, CBs are unbeatable. IMO ofcos.

PS: Its not too late to pull the trigger on the Lenovo C13 ryzen 7 16gb 256 model as the 15% rakuten is still on. IMO $700 is a good deal for a totl machine that'll keep you happy for years & years. Or til upgraditis hits..Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
You're totally right, I think the reason the r13 struggles is 4GB of RAM and the chipset.

The Acer spin 713 is a good find actually, I didn't even know they had refurb CBs. What kind of warranty do they have? I'm seriously thinking about it.

I think for me my next CB I'll be looking for an intel chipset, at least 8GB of RAM, and a backlit keyboard. The spin 713 checks all the boxes.

What kind of warranty does Amazon / Acer offer on refurb laptops? I may actually give that a try.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
number17 wrote: You're totally right, I think the reason the r13 struggles is 4GB of RAM and the chipset.

The Acer spin 713 is a good find actually, I didn't even know they had refurb CBs. What kind of warranty do they have? I'm seriously thinking about it.

I think for me my next CB I'll be looking for an intel chipset, at least 8GB of RAM, and a backlit keyboard. The spin 713 checks all the boxes.

What kind of warranty does Amazon / Acer offer on refurb laptops? I may actually give that a try.
I'm not very sure about Amazon refurbs but I think I saw a 90 exchange/refund warranty. Not the greatest but not bad at all. One usually knows if the device is for them within the 1st week IMO. And being that you already know CBs, I can almost say you'd be stoked with the 713. Its a nice machine.

That said, Lenovo also gives a 30 full refund guarantee (no restock or even shipping charges) so its not a bad idea to try out the TOTL Thinkpad C13 ryzen 7. With code & 15% rakuten, it comes out to $695 (+ tax/s). & the 15% rakuten ends in an hour to 2. I'm tempted to pull the trigger & try it out.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2020
1125 posts
1797 upvotes
This is a really cool device, would have probably bought it if I didn't get my tab S7.

Curious, anyone sideload tachiyomi on this thing and see how well it runs/looks? It would have been my main use for it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
One good thing to use this with is running emulators. Especially since it has a keyboard so you don't even need another controller.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1223 posts
762 upvotes
scotsum wrote: I'm not very sure about Amazon refurbs but I think I saw a 90 exchange/refund warranty. Not the greatest but not bad at all. One usually knows if the device is for them within the 1st week IMO. And being that you already know CBs, I can almost say you'd be stoked with the 713. Its a nice machine.

That said, Lenovo also gives a 30 full refund guarantee (no restock or even shipping charges) so its not a bad idea to try out the TOTL Thinkpad C13 ryzen 7. With code & 15% rakuten, it comes out to $695 (+ tax/s). & the 15% rakuten ends in an hour to 2. I'm tempted to pull the trigger & try it out.
How do you get it down to $695? I see the Ryzen 7 version is $898 ... what code will bring it down to $695+tax? And then you get another 15% discount with Rakuten right?

BTW a little surprised the C13 only has a HD screen. I'd think the flagship CB would have a higher resolution. The Acer 713 has 2k screen for comparison (and is cheaper)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
number17 wrote: How do you get it down to $695? I see the Ryzen 7 version is $898 ... what code will bring it down to $695+tax? And then you get another 15% discount with Rakuten right?

BTW a little surprised the C13 only has a HD screen. I'd think the flagship CB would have a higher resolution. The Acer 713 has 2k screen for comparison (and is cheaper)
Use THINKAUG for discount code which brings it down to $818.xx. Rakuten 15% brings it down to $695 but I think we pay tax/s on the $818 though. I'm in Ab so its 5% which is another $40 on top.

Ya the 713 has the best display. The Lenovo used to come with an OLED display with the Ryzen 7 but that beast sucks juice like no tomorrow. The Samsung Galaxy CB was the same as well. Batt life with about 4-5hrs. Which is why both Lenovo & Samsung dropped OLEDs from their lineup. Honestly, the C13 is a 13" display so HD is plenty good. On my HP x360, I'm only running 1365x785 as any higher rez, I have a hard time reading anything.

My concern isn't rez but more the quality of the display. I think the 713 has the better display but the C13 isn't far behind either. For my needs, I think they're both good.

PS: The 713 is only 'cheaper' cos its a refurb. BNIB is >$1kFace With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

EDIT: Ahh f^^k it, I did the dirty deed & pulled the trigger. Rakuten 15% is closing & if I return it within a week or 2, my CC won't even be affected. I'll only keep it if the C13 destroys my HP x360. Fraks I need a life other than coming to RFD! Wait, I have 5 EUCs. Sigh...guess I'm sucker for highend CBs. Like my EUCs, speed is very (very very) addicting!🤩
Last edited by scotsum on Aug 30th, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2015
26 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
trinxified wrote: If someone wanted this deal but didn't get it, you can buy the one I'm going to receive.

I have buyer's remorse now but was too late to cancel it so it will be sent to me. I will return it if nobody wants.

I'm in Pickering. I bought the wireless buds as well for a total of $311.99 (128gb model with pen & wireless buds taxes included)
I am interested :)
Dec 25, 2010
100 posts
73 upvotes
Hi All,

Has anybody found a decent case or sleeve that will work with the existing keyboard attached and also store the stylus? What accessories are recommended. I would love something that can store the stylus with the duet while preferably being able to keep existing keyboard attached. If not, what are the best cases and Bluetooth keyboard combos that you have found with stylus storage. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1786 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone's 64GB ship from Lenovo site yet? Mine was supposed to ship yesterday, but still hasn't left yet...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)