Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] *EPP/Perkopolis* Price Cut! $705 ThinkCentre M75q AMD Renoir 4650GE/16GB DDR4-3200/512GB NVME

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 5:21 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto

[Lenovo Canada] *EPP/Perkopolis* Price Cut! $705 ThinkCentre M75q AMD Renoir 4650GE/16GB DDR4-3200/512GB NVME

Perkopolis code: GoldPerk2020

All SKUs in stock and price drop, updated

saw this on the Perkopolis site, unfortunately not live yet or maybe never will on the public site so scope of stacking with other incentives is limited.

Price drop on Lenovo EPP site now with Zen 3 desktop APU approaching, making the deal even better value!
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolis ... 1TC1MTM7G2
$663: 4650GE/8GB/256GB
$705: 4650GE/16GB/512GB
$881: 4750GE/16GB/512GB
psref: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... 2_Spec.PDF

if you have doubts about thermals or want the 65w TDP variant... the ThinkCentre M75s (8.4L chassis) are also nicely priced and not that much more than the 1L chassis version. Reckon if you want the Ryzen 7 version, get the M75s instead
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolis ... 1TC1MDM75S
$705: 4650G/8GB/256GB
$786: 4650G/16GB/512GB
$915: 4750G/16GB/512GB
psref: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... 2_Spec.pdf

For those looking for a productivity desktop setup, I can't think of a better option at this price point .. Renoir is code for AMD's APU lineup this year, basically the 4000U series Ryzen chips but with beefed up TDP. The "GE" versions of the chips denote 35w TDP, with lower base clocks compared to 65w TDP "G" variant. Having 6c/12t or 8c/16t in a tiny 1L chassis is a game changer for a WFH rig :D The integrated Vega graphics should be enough for 1080p gaming on older titles as long as you are realistic about settings and framerates, but not the purpose of this machine plus not sure how thermal is gonna perform in such a small case. Compared to mediocre Intel products in the price point, it's really quite decent esp you get 16GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and 512GB NVME to top! USB Mouse and Keyboard thrown in as well but not all that important as desktop buyers prob have their own already

Closest alternative this BF cycle is the Dell Inspiron15 5000 at $699 currently before coupons/rakuten . Obv you don't get a screen on this ThinkCentre, but you get a beefier CPU/iGPU package, 2x RAM, 2x Storage. Overall if you have a 10% coupon and stack with Rakuten, the Dell is prob a better value on whole but if you don't and have access to Lenovo EPP, this deal is nice. Also worth considering that the Dell only comes with 8GB of RAM, after upgrading to 16GB the price delta tightens more.

AMD Renoir:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/15921/am ... t-buy-them
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/a ... iew,1.html

The Raktuen plug-in shows the 12% CB was live, by normal wisdom EPP portal wouldn't get Rakuten but we will see (has not showed up for me)
Last edited by Goose12345 on Jan 15th, 2021 9:34 am, edited 11 times in total.
138 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2351 posts
1765 upvotes
Montreal, QC
OP, it would be nicer to clueless folks like me if you put a Perkopolis passcode, like GoldPerk2020 found in the Lenovo C32q-20 31.5 Inch thread.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
willy0275 wrote: OP, it would be nicer to clueless folks like me if you put a Perkopolis passcode, like GoldPerk2020 found in the Lenovo C32q-20 31.5 Inch thread.
ya i was so excited writing this and didnt include the info... i put it in the OP thx for the reminder
May 2, 2017
108 posts
120 upvotes
Goose12345 wrote:
Obv you don't get a screen or keyboard on this ThinkCentre
Actually, USB keyboard and mouse are included with this. It's nothing fancy of course, although I find Lenovo's basic office keyboard more tolerable than most.
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
bliz99 wrote: Actually, USB keyboard and mouse are included with this. It's nothing fancy of course, although I find Lenovo's basic office keyboard more tolerable than most.
lol reading comprehension not a strongsuit for me at this time of day given i screenshotted the whole thing too... i just need that icewine page to refresh and i can sleep

updated OP cheers
Feb 10, 2009
46 posts
14 upvotes
Goose12345 wrote: saw this on the Perkopolis site, unfortunately not live yet or maybe never will on the public site so scope of stacking with other incentives is limited.

Perkopolis code: GoldPerk2020

For those looking for a productivity desktop setup, I can't think of a better option at this price point .. Renoir is code for AMD's APU lineup this year, basically the 4000U series Ryzen chips but with beefed up TDP. The "GE" versions of the chips denote 35w TDP, with lower base clocks compared to 65w TDP "G" variant. Having 6c/12t or 8c/16t in a tiny 1L chassis is a game changer for a WFH rig :D The integrated Vega graphics should be enough for 1080p gaming on older titles as long as you are realistic about settings and framerates, but not the purpose of this machine plus not sure how thermal is gonna perform in such a small case. Compared to mediocre Intel products in the price point, it's really quite decent esp you get 16GB of DDR4-3200 RAM and 512GB NVME to top! USB Mouse and Keyboard thrown in as well but not all that important as desktop buyers prob have their own already

Closest alternative this BF cycle is the Dell Inspiron15 5000 at $699 currently before coupons/rakuten . Obv you don't get a screen on this ThinkCentre, but you get a beefier CPU/iGPU package, 2x RAM, 2x Storage. Overall if you have a 10% coupon and stack with Rakuten, the Dell is prob a better value on whole but if you don't and have access to Lenovo EPP, this deal is nice.

AMD Renoir:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/15921/am ... t-buy-them
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/a ... iew,1.html

I bought the Ryzen 5 4650GE version for $796, comes out to $900 after tax. The Raktuen plug-in shows the 12% CB was live, by normal wisdom EPP portal wouldn't get Rakuten but we will see :) If this works, then value is through the roof!

Three worthwhile configs on sale on the Perkopolis Portal (attached)... the $796 one is the sweetspot
Upvoting OP for a honest comparison. I just got the dell 5000. It’s for an older family member so I wasn’t too worried about the “higher” spec of this thinkpad.

But as OP said value for money dell deal is better. For specs ... this Lenovo!
Aug 14, 2009
367 posts
365 upvotes
BC
Sorry for my ignorance, but, Perkopolis.. what're the requirements for purchasing this or other similar Lenovo deals?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
These are great little units, would jump on this if I had a need for one.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Dec 9, 2001
344 posts
99 upvotes
Scarborough
Don't forget RAKUTEN for extra 12% back!!

Feel free to hit the upvote button if this helped :)
Jun 28, 2012
109 posts
30 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can add a 2nd or 3rd hard drive to this? Thanx
Nov 12, 2016
53 posts
30 upvotes
How to stack RAKUTEN on top of Perkopolis ?
Sorry, just new to the game.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5489 posts
2100 upvotes
Debtario
burrows wrote: Does anyone know if I can add a 2nd or 3rd hard drive to this? Thanx
Nope, only through USB.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
trendless wrote: Sorry for my ignorance, but, Perkopolis.. what're the requirements for purchasing this or other similar Lenovo deals?
Ahmednasha2y wrote: How to stack RAKUTEN on top of Perkopolis ?
Sorry, just new to the game.
get the chrome browser extension and it will show what % cashback is avaiable... when i bought it it says 12% was active, but typically you won't get rakuten using a EPP portal.. we will see

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pgnncgappc
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9603 posts
1727 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Must resist lol
Nov 13, 2018
28 posts
11 upvotes
Umm, I'm not sure. I built a comparable rig with
Asrock X300W ($280 after taxes)
AMD 4650G ($300 from AE, it's a non-GE version with better performance)
16GB RAM 3200 CL16 ($100 from Amazon)
And it has space for two 2.5 inch drives and 2 NVMe.
It's a little bit bigger and heavier of course (like 1kg the box + 500g charger), and ideally you'd need to replace CPU cooler with something decent, but otherwise if you don't mind a bit of tinkering might be a better option.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3326 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
I'm interested. I'm logged in with EPP (don't have Perkopolis). Can't find the deal. Can anyone give me a suggestion?
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
MutableLambda wrote: Umm, I'm not sure. I built a comparable rig with
Asrock X300W ($280 after taxes)
AMD 4650G ($300 from AE, it's a non-GE version with better performance)
16GB RAM 3200 CL16 ($100 from Amazon)
And it has space for two 2.5 inch drives and 2 NVMe.
It's a little bit bigger and heavier of course (like 1kg the box + 500g charger), and ideally you'd need to replace CPU cooler with something decent, but otherwise if you don't mind a bit of tinkering might be a better option.
add in a 512gb nvme for $100 and the price is pretty even anyways? This deal also includes a usb keyboard and mouse for the few dollars that's worth.. pretty decent value for prebuilt i think

Renoir is also OEM only, buying in grey market comes with its own set of pros and cons fwiw
[OP]
Jul 20, 2016
832 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
Hugh wrote: I'm interested. I'm logged in with EPP (don't have Perkopolis). Can't find the deal. Can anyone give me a suggestion?
i put my perkopolis access code in the OP, you should see the deals there!
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19942 posts
705 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Goose12345 wrote: get the chrome browser extension and it will show what % cashback is avaiable... when i bought it it says 12% was active, but typically you won't get rakuten using a EPP portal.. we will see

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pgnncgappc
How do I use the extension, use the Lenovo link, and still access Perkopolis to get the deal?