• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2021 5:35 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2016
27 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal

[Lenovo Canada] FHD Webcam-$28 with discounts and Rakuten

This looks like a hot deal for a FHD webcam. Its a new arrival so there is limited information online, but looks like a really good deal if your looking for a FHD webcam with a mic.

To maximize your discount verify Military/Teacher/Student/Responder/Nurse/Doctors and get 10% off, + use code EXTRAFIVE, + rakuten -12%, should equal about $28 before tax.

Also there is some special program where lenovo gives a $50 voucher for Uber if you do verify Military/Teacher/Student/Responder/Nurse/Doctors and make a qualifying purchase.
Last edited by ShloT644836 on Aug 3rd, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 replies
Dec 13, 2020
100 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Wow this looks great for the price.. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1397 posts
2181 upvotes
Avenger wrote: How is the mic quality from anyone that owns it? I also see concerns over the wide camera area.
Mic quality is terrible lol worse than my laptop mic.
Nov 23, 2004
909 posts
1608 upvotes
Ontario
Is this the same FHD webcam that came out at the start of the year just in a different colour now? I suspect it is based on the model name.

I have it:
- Wide angle video is definitely interesting and a bit wide, but I use Zoom and can easily crop the video smaller in the settings by not picking the HD option (which seems to throw the camera into it's full viewing angle mode). Quality is still good when cropped in the "lower" quality setting, noticeably better than colleagues using laptop webcams.
- Audio is pretty good, never gotten any complaints and sounds pretty fair when I do audio tests in applications
- No windows hello as another poster noted - need to go to the more expensive model for that.

Tried a couple similar china-brand webcams from Amazon in this price range prior to buying this one, and the Lenovo kicks their butt in that range.
Oct 31, 2007
3494 posts
547 upvotes
I also picked this up for around the same price in October. IMO it is a great deal for the price. Camera quality is very good, and a big upgrade on my 10+ year old Microsoft webcam. I have never had complaints on the audio, and sounds fine when testing on voice recorder. Though to be honest for Zoom calls etc.. I more often than not use a headset.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4286 posts
3255 upvotes
Vancouver
$30.99 on the Perkopolis site. Unfortunately, EXTRAFIVE doesn't stack there.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1050 posts
1100 upvotes
London
Spinner wrote: $30.99 on the Perkopolis site. Unfortunately, EXTRAFIVE doesn't stack there.
you can't use rakuten through perkopolis though right?
Oct 29, 2015
119 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
bpboop wrote: you can't use rakuten through perkopolis though right?
You can!

Item says out of stock right now though
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15538 posts
3844 upvotes
Toronto
ownthesky wrote: The 500 is also on sale, has an IR camera for Windows Hello unlocking:

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessorie ... GXC0X89769

No microphone though!
I use the 500 with my Blue Mic for video conferencing and people say the video quality looks quite good.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4286 posts
3255 upvotes
Vancouver
tworaynz wrote: You can!

Item says out of stock right now though
That was quick. Looks like webcams remain in very high demand.
Oct 29, 2015
119 posts
63 upvotes
Scarborough
Spinner wrote: That was quick. Looks like webcams remain in very high demand.
They seem to be. It seems pretty dry out there on places like kijiji and facebook marketplace too
Feb 2, 2015
667 posts
254 upvotes
Deleted, info incorrect
Last edited by spammy on Aug 3rd, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.