Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Ideapad S740, i7-9750H, GTX 1650, 16GB, 256GB SSD - $1214 + Rebate (expired)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 12:19 am
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2015
28 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Lenovo Canada] Ideapad S740, i7-9750H, GTX 1650, 16GB, 256GB SSD - $1214 + Rebate (expired)

Here's one:
Ideapad S740 - 15Inch
Original $1734.75 - Coupon (SAVE30) = $1214.33 - Rakuten (8%) = $1117.18 + tax

Processor : 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 12MB Cache)
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
Microsoft Productivity Software : None
Memory : 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive : 256GB SSD PCIe
Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, glossy, 500nits
Graphic Card : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB
Colour : Iron Grey
Keyboard : Backlit - US English
Camera : 720p HD
Microphone : Array Microphone
Surface Treatment : Anodizing Sandblasting
Chipset : HM370
Fingerprint Reader : Fingerprint Reader
Palmrest : AL
Battery : 4 Cell Li-Polymer, 69Wh
Power Cord : 135W AC
Wireless : 802.11AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
Language Pack : Publication-English
Warranty : 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

How to:

1) Go through Rakuten.ca: https://www.rakuten.ca/lenovo-canada (or use Rakuten extension for 8% off)
2) Look for S740 15Inch
3) Look for the Build Your Own option
4) Customizable Options - Window 10 Pro, Hard Drive, WIFI 6
5) Add to cart
6) Apply coupon code SAVE30


If you want the touch display, you will have to go with 4k option which is roughly $250 more but is a really nice display - https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/id ... /customize

This is a good multimedia laptop that is capable of light gaming and video editing - a solid competitor to the XPS 15.
It is also relatively light making it a good choice for work or school.

If you need more gaming performance, this is a really good option - lenovo-canada-legion-y740-i7-9750h-rtx- ... e-2336529/


Edit**: There are reports of extremely delayed shipping rather than expected 3 weeks as advertised. This seems to be the case for other customizable models as well, probably due to high volume of orders. Please only consider this option if delayed shipping is not an issue to you.
Images
  • CaptureLevovoS740.PNG
Last edited by rayc24 on Dec 9th, 2019 8:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
36 replies
Newbie
Dec 6, 2019
28 posts
35 upvotes
I can't seem to find any reviews/benchmarks for this device, I'm tempted to get this but want more info on this first.
Newbie
Mar 1, 2005
70 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
In for one. Have had good experiences with Lenovo laptops. This one has thunderbolt 3 and is similar in spec to the y540 at Microsoft store for 900 last week. Like the fact it's much more portable and more futureproof for about 200 more.
Newbie
Dec 9, 2017
56 posts
22 upvotes
May I ask how you found the SAVE30 coupon? I'm looking at some other Lenovo laptops...
Newbie
Dec 6, 2019
28 posts
35 upvotes
Bought one, thanks for posting. Saw some good reviews on Lenovo's subreddit so I'll give it a shot.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2015
28 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON
constructor wrote: May I ask how you found the SAVE30 coupon? I'm looking at some other Lenovo laptops...
Found it from a thread in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday section - noticed that it could be used on other models as well.
Fair warning though, the code is not found in the Rakuten site and will risk not being eligible for the rebate.
But yeah, try it on other models, see what you get c:
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 9, 2005
3547 posts
1663 upvotes
Ontario
I'm tempted. I picked up the Y540 from Microsoft (still available from their site at $899).

The thunderbolt would be useful. But I'm not convinced it is worth the extra cash and hassle to return this one. I use it 95% of the time at home, so weight/portability isn't a factor for me.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Can anyone recommend a good USB-C dock for dual display? I'd prefer dual HDMI, but if it's not doable. I'd use it most for web development, so I don't see any high taxing of the display. Perhaps I'll do some video editing. If display performance suffers, I'll just have to deal with it.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jr. Member
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
You can have up to three displays: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Lap ... -p/4570911

Y540, S740, and Y740; they are all good. I am keeping my Y540 too. A couple days into using it, I am already satisfied with its performance. I can play World of Warships and XCOM 2. I am glad that Y540 comes with 500gb SSD + 1TB. So far, I used 300gb. I installed some programming softwares and games on the SSD which took up about 200GB. S740 and Y740 definitely have better screens than Y540. But this Y540 has better screen than my old Dell laptop so I am happy with this "good" screen.
Jr. Member
Jul 27, 2018
160 posts
89 upvotes
help.
I can't decide between the P73 and the Y740 legion
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2006
564 posts
418 upvotes
Winnipeg
The rakuten discount is up to 10% today using the app
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Member
Mar 11, 2008
395 posts
808 upvotes
London
I had this up in a thread yesterday which was moved to expired because someone reported the code as not working. Glad to see it still works! From what I could research, this is called the Yoga S740 in the UK but IdeaPad in North America. The Y740 is the Legion branding and C740 would be a convertible laptop. I *think* there is no expansion slot for RAM but the SSD can be replaced, based on YouTube videos.

Also a heads up, my order from Friday was cancelled last night. I had to re-order (I did the 4K upgrade). This could be because I live in a town with PO boxes, and Lenovo uses UPS (so no PO box delivery)
Member
Nov 20, 2012
204 posts
69 upvotes
CALGARY
TCWeasel wrote: I'm tempted. I picked up the Y540 from Microsoft (still available from their site at $899).

The thunderbolt would be useful. But I'm not convinced it is worth the extra cash and hassle to return this one. I use it 95% of the time at home, so weight/portability isn't a factor for me.

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. Can anyone recommend a good USB-C dock for dual display? I'd prefer dual HDMI, but if it's not doable. I'd use it most for web development, so I don't see any high taxing of the display. Perhaps I'll do some video editing. If display performance suffers, I'll just have to deal with it.
I don't see the 540 though for 899. How can I get that deal?
Sr. Member
Jul 26, 2013
592 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
rayc24 wrote: Here's one:
Ideapad S740 - 15Inch
Original $1734.75 - Coupon (SAVE30) = $1214.33 - Rakuten (8%) = $1117.18 + tax

Processor : 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 12MB Cache)
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
Microsoft Productivity Software : None
Memory : 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
Hard Drive : 256GB SSD PCIe
Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, glossy, 500nits
Graphic Card : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB
Colour : Iron Grey
Keyboard : Backlit - US English
Camera : 720p HD
Microphone : Array Microphone
Surface Treatment : Anodizing Sandblasting
Chipset : HM370
Fingerprint Reader : Fingerprint Reader
Palmrest : AL
Battery : 4 Cell Li-Polymer, 69Wh
Power Cord : 135W AC
Wireless : 802.11AC (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.0
Language Pack : Publication-English
Warranty : 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

How to:

1) Go through Rakuten.ca: https://www.rakuten.ca/lenovo-canada (or use Rakuten extension for 8% off)
2) Look for S740 15Inch
3) Look for the Build Your Own option
4) Customizable Options - Window 10 Pro, Hard Drive, WIFI 6
5) Add to cart
6) Apply coupon code SAVE30

This is a good multimedia laptop that is capable of light gaming and video editing - a solid competitor to the XPS 15.
It is also relatively light making it a good choice for work or school.

If you need more gaming performance, this is a really good option - lenovo-canada-legion-y740-i7-9750h-rtx- ... e-2336529/
Is this touch display?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2669 posts
1265 upvotes
TCWeasel wrote: I'm tempted. I picked up the Y540 from Microsoft (still available from their site at $899)
Hasn’t been available for more than a week.
Member
Nov 20, 2012
204 posts
69 upvotes
CALGARY
zzzz24 wrote: Hasn’t been available for more than a week.
Looks like it's available but not at $899
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2015
28 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto, ON
needybot wrote: Is this touch display?
The one I posted does not have touch display - only 1080 IPS FHD 500 nits.
There is, however, a variant of this machine that you can select with the touch display - https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/id ... /customize
The touch display can only come in a 4k display starting at $2045.25 - SAVE30 Coupon = 1431.68 + Tax which is still pretty good IMO.

Based on reviews, the 4k display is actually one of the highlights of these machines but it does drain battery.
Jr. Member
Sep 24, 2017
169 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver
zzzz24 wrote: Hasn’t been available for more than a week.
The sale went on for a few days. I was surprised that it didn’t sell off immediately. I got at least $100 off with rebate and Rbc visa credits.
Member
Mar 11, 2008
395 posts
808 upvotes
London
rayc24 wrote: The one I posted does not have touch display - only 1080 IPS FHD 500 nits.
There is, however, a variant of this machine that you can select with the touch display - https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/id ... /customize
The touch display can only come in a 4k display starting at $2045.25 - SAVE30 Coupon = 1431.68 + Tax which is still pretty good IMO.

Based on reviews, the 4k display is actually one of the highlights of these machines but it does drain battery.
ARGH!!! The IdeaPad S740 15" Touch - Iron Grey I ordered yesterday came out to $1511.99 but when you customize S740-15IRH Touch it ends up being $1431.68. With 10% Rakuten in-app today, it means it's now $112.96 cheaper after taxes and everything. I've re-ordered it AGAIN... I now have 4 laptops on my credit card (Lenovo sure isn't quick about taking the charges off the card). But thank you @rayc24, you saved me enough for a few cases of beer!

One important difference: the pre-configured "IdeaPad S740 15" Touch - Iron Grey" comes with a 512 GB SSD and to get that price on the customized one, you select the 256GB. I already have an SSD it wasn't worth the $112 for the upgrade to me.
Newbie
Dec 6, 2019
28 posts
35 upvotes
mrumble wrote: ARGH!!! The IdeaPad S740 15" Touch - Iron Grey I ordered yesterday came out to $1511.99 but when you customize S740-15IRH Touch it ends up being $1431.68. With 10% Rakuten in-app today, it means it's now $112.96 cheaper after taxes and everything. I've re-ordered it AGAIN... I now have 4 laptops on my credit card (Lenovo sure isn't quick about taking the charges off the card). But thank you @rayc24, you saved me enough for a few cases of beer!

One important difference: the pre-configured "IdeaPad S740 15" Touch - Iron Grey" comes with a 512 GB SSD and to get that price on the customized one, you select the 256GB. I already have an SSD it wasn't worth the $112 for the upgrade to me.
Does it show an estimated date for you? This is what my screen shows when I try and track my order.
Image

Top