Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] * Just Launched* ThinkPad X1 Nano (13”) Laptop - 50% OFF

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 12:46 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2019
123 posts
123 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] * Just Launched* ThinkPad X1 Nano (13”) Laptop - 50% OFF

These are the latest and Lightest Thinkpads from Lenovo. 50% off across models
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/th ... 20UN0009US
As mentioned by pererac, the code : BLACKFRIDAY works on the regular Lenovo site and can be combined with 12% Rakuten after
2K Screen standard across models and price starting at $1634+ Tax after 50% off
This can be an ultimate lightweight powerful machine for those who are not into Apple's new M1 Macbook Air and love the dongle life. The weight is around 950g for the base model and for comparison the XPS 13 is 1.2 kg and Macbook Air is 1.3 Kg
Full Specs for the base $1634 model:

11th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-1130G7 Processor (1.80 GHz, up to 4.00 GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8 MB Cache)
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64
Display Type
13.0" 2K (2160 x 1350) IPS, anti-glare with Dolby Vision™, 450 nits
Memory
8 GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz (Soldered)
Hard Drive
256 GB PCIe SSD
Warranty
1 year Depot or Carry-in
Graphics
Integrated Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
Camera
IR & 720p HD
Fingerprint Reader
Fingerprint Reader
Keyboard
Backlit - US English
Wireless
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth® 5.1
io ports
2 Thunderbolt4 and an audio jack

The things you can configure are processor, RAM, SSD or Touch display.



*** Shipping after 5 Weeks ***
Last edited by M9L1A3 on Nov 30th, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
68 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2283 posts
1769 upvotes
Ottawa
Why do manufacturers still include only 8gb RAM? 16GB should be industry standard nowadays
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2353 posts
1768 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Seriously, 8GB *soldered* for such a beast. Only 16GB should be taken seriously IMHO, especially when you're already paying top price for an ultra compact ultrabook.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1267 posts
1032 upvotes
Montreal
Chrno wrote: Why do manufacturers still include only 8gb RAM? 16GB should be industry standard nowadays
willy0275 wrote:
Seriously, 8GB *soldered* for such a beast. Only 16GB should be taken seriously IMHO, especially when you're already paying top price for an ultra compact ultrabook.
Because not everyone is a gamer or pro digital artist.

8GB is more than enough for most of the popular computer task in the business world or students
Member
Nov 30, 2016
498 posts
496 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
8GB is plenty for most users, these aren't meant for gaming
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2019
123 posts
123 upvotes
Chrno wrote: Why do manufacturers still include only 8gb RAM? 16GB should be industry standard nowadays
Lol It sucks but hopefully the nano has expandable slots. I could not find any unboxing or any picture of the inside of this machine.
Newbie
Mar 11, 2007
61 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
BlackXstar wrote: Good for Hackintosh?
Why would you install MacOS on this when a Macbook air m1 costs way less?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2019
123 posts
123 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Good for Hackintosh?
But the new Macbook Air is cheaper and way more powerful than intel or AMD if you prefer the ecosystem.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2003
4190 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
M9L1A3 wrote: This can be an ultimate lightweight powerful machine for those who are not into Apple's new M1 Macbook Air and love the dongle life.
Did you read the specs? Ports are identical to the M1 MBA. 2x USB-C/TB ports, 1 headphone jack.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 3, 2020
79 posts
59 upvotes
2k on 13", nuts

as if Lenovo needed another model *facepalm*

they have like over 20 models already, as if that's not enough to choose from
Veteran RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1554 posts
565 upvotes
Calgary
RFD crash or is it just me?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2019
123 posts
123 upvotes
zoob wrote: Did you read the specs? Ports are identical to the M1 MBA. 2x USB-C/TB ports, 1 headphone jack.
Ya. But thats the "new standard" for Super light ultrabooks. Even the XPS13 has same setup.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 22, 2019
123 posts
123 upvotes
Looks like the Lenovo Site has crashed Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye. Please try again if the link does not work now. I think it is a decent deal for a just launched device and the dislikes are discouraging.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
12497 posts
20819 upvotes
M9L1A3 wrote: Looks like the Lenovo Site has crashed Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye. Please try again if the link does not work now. I think it is a decent deal for a just launched device and the dislikes are discouraging.
Certainly not because of overwhelming orders
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2283 posts
1769 upvotes
Ottawa
kangmlee wrote:
Because not everyone is a gamer or pro digital artist.

8GB is more than enough for most of the popular computer task in the business world or students
seagull1987 wrote: 8GB is plenty for most users, these aren't meant for gaming
I work with multiple spreadsheets (with formulas) and have multiple Chrome tabs opened a day. I have 8gb on my workstation and it's barely enough.
Member
Nov 30, 2016
498 posts
496 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Chrno wrote: I work with multiple spreadsheets (with formulas) and have multiple Chrome tabs opened a day. I have 8gb on my workstation and it's barely enough.
Yeah understandable, but not everyone is in that same boat. For basic users, 8GB is sufficient. Although, I don't like the idea of having soldered RAM with no upgrade options.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2283 posts
1769 upvotes
Ottawa
seagull1987 wrote: Yeah understandable, but not everyone is in that same boat. For basic users, 8GB is sufficient. Although, I don't like the idea of having soldered RAM with no upgrade options.
Basic users will not be spending this kinda cash on this powerful of a machine. For this price tag, it should be coming with 16GB of RAM as a minimum with options to upgrade.
Member
Oct 1, 2017
283 posts
368 upvotes
Thunder Bay
admiraltictac wrote: Why would you install MacOS on this when a Macbook air m1 costs way less?
And is way better.
Inflammable means flammable? What a country.

Top