Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Laptop - LENOVO ThinkPad 11e Gen 5 (11") $222.24 - 81% savings

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2023 9:43 am
Tags:
None
Oct 24, 2020
312 posts
489 upvotes
Ontario

[Lenovo Canada] Laptop - LENOVO ThinkPad 11e Gen 5 (11") $222.24 - 81% savings

Seems like decent specs for a little laptop for light duty, web browsing etc. I know the original price is quite inflated, but for $225 seems like a good deal.

Use code : THINKEDUSAVINGS

Here is the info:

Processor
Intel® Celeron® N4120 Processor (1.10 GHz up to 2.60 GHz)

Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64

Graphic Card
Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 600

Memory
8 GB DDR4-2400MHz (Soldered)

Storage
128 GB SSD M.2 2242 PCIe

Display
11.6" HD (1366 x 768), TN, Anti-Glare, Non-Touch, 45%NTSC, 250 nits, LED Backlight

Camera
720P HD

Keyboard
ThinkPad Precision Windows - English (US)

WLAN
Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 2x2 AC & Bluetooth® 5.1 or above

Warranty
1 Year Courier or Carry-in
Images
  • upload.jpg
64 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
2500 PassMark

Barely passable in Windows 11.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Apr 27, 2013
733 posts
1176 upvotes
Montreal
Perfect example of e-waste
Oct 17, 2005
505 posts
1017 upvotes
Toronto
It might be tempting if the screen was 1080p
Mar 31, 2009
449 posts
688 upvotes
Terrible CPU, storage, memory, screen and resolution. This is Win machine, not Linux or Chromebook.
For this budget better to buy refurbished and get 3X performance and quality.
Aug 26, 2019
420 posts
519 upvotes
Guelph-Kitchener-Wat…
Wouldn't even give this to my senior parents because now they are being picky with speed Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
250dollar e-waste
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Dec 23, 2012
47 posts
153 upvotes
Earth
For $250, I bought a Dell XPS 13 second hand last week. Top of line a few years ago, like-new, not a blemish. Faster, bigger screen, higher res, everything is way better.

Do the environment some good. If you don't need the latest, consider used. Your kids will thank you.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2014
4941 posts
5713 upvotes
Intel still making Celeron chips from 1998? No wonder their stock price took a hit this past week Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 12, 2014
379 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i have a spare protective film for keyboard
if someone likes
Aug 14, 2007
105 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
Kind of sad Lenovo badges it as a ThinkPad furthermore it has no trackpoint.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1544 posts
1697 upvotes
There goes Lenovo again, with their fire sale to get rid of junky products to free up some cash. Smiling Face With Horns :rolleyes:

The build is so closed-ended that there is no way to upgrade this device, except to perhaps a bigger SSD later on, but that's it. Even the RAM is soldered, so you can't even add more RAM. That poor SSD is going to thrash harder than a fish out of water and will die a terrible and painful death in a short period of time.

This is a glorified Netbook, really. Even a Chromebook is better equipped than this. What waste of precious resources to produce such junk that's no good for anyone.

Good to see that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Wallet safe.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13223 posts
12043 upvotes
Toronto
Jack the price by 5x then make it 81% off, looks like a page from CT's playbook.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2012
4313 posts
3386 upvotes
British Columbia
This isn't that bad of a deal. The big knock is the processor, to be sure, but the 8 GB RAM and SSD are compelling. Ditch the Windows 11 Home installation, resell the Windows 11 Home key online for, say, $10, and throw a decent Linux distro on here like Manjaro, Linux Mint, Pop! OS, Zorin OS, or ChromeOS Flex, and I think you've got a decent, new PC. It's cheaper than buying a Chromebook directly, and it's a Lenovo brand. Sure, you can get better refurbished PCs for a comparable price, but this isn't bad.

+1

Cheers,
Doug
Banking & Savings: Tangerine & EQ Bank
Credit Cards: American Express SimplyCash, Rogers World Elite MasterCard, Scotiabank Scene+ Visa (was Tangerine Money-Back World MasterCard)
Investments: Scotia iTRADE | Pension: Municipal Pension Plan
Jul 29, 2007
903 posts
673 upvotes
Pacific Northwest
dmehus wrote: This isn't that bad of a deal. The big knock is the processor, to be sure, but the 8 GB RAM and SSD are compelling. Ditch the Windows 11 Home installation, resell the Windows 11 Home key online for, say, $10, and throw a decent Linux distro on here like Manjaro, Linux Mint, Pop! OS, Zorin OS, or ChromeOS Flex, and I think you've got a decent, new PC. It's cheaper than buying a Chromebook directly, and it's a Lenovo brand. Sure, you can get better refurbished PCs for a comparable price, but this isn't bad.

+1

Cheers,
Doug
Correct indeed, for those who want to get the cheapest for their budget, this is a very good option. Many people purchased the Lenovo 14w using the AMD chip and it only had 4g/64g for $169. In fact, I got two of those for the kids during the beginning of the pandemic. This CPU/Ram/Storage configuration actually beats that in all 3 categories... However, the only reason I would not go for this is, it's so small of a screen... 14w is a 14 inch, whereas this is an 11.6, even for my kids, it may be too small. I would only get this for travel purposes though but I can always bring a tablet, it really depends on the person using the device and what their budget/value is... Good deal for those who want to get it.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money!
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
2101 posts
2930 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
This device will start a new plague, causing mass senior blindness and robbing them of the little time they have left while their favourite youtube channel, Bob Ross, loads.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)