Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

Legion 7 AMD - Rakuten 13% (build your own Legion 7 3070 for $1,752.17)

Mar 23, 2013
1 posts
rubennafonso wrote: If someone is looking to get a spare 300w adapter let me know.
I will be wanting a 2nd adapter at some point. Got a good lead?
Jul 29, 2017
186 posts
66 upvotes
Does lenovo only charge the card when the laptop ships?
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
13820 posts
17162 upvotes
Toronto
Hitnake wrote: Does lenovo only charge the card when the laptop ships?
There will be a pre-authorization when you place the order. Once your order ships, your credit card will be charged.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#payments

During checkout, Lenovo will request a pre-authorization for the total order amount from your credit card company, this is not an actual charge. Once your order ships, your credit card will be charged. If you ordered more than one item, there may be multiple charges as items ship separately as they become available. This will not increase your shipping charges.

At times, we may have to re-authorize your credit card for the unshipped amount. This may result in a duplicate authorization that will be released according to your banks authorization hold policy. Again, this is a hold on the funds, not an actual charge.
Destiny is all
Oct 8, 2021
5 posts
3 upvotes
chun_man17 wrote: interesting. I'm pretty sure I didn't have it before either. Just started noticing it a couple of days ago...
I made a post before about how windows didn't recognize the onboard graphics and that was causing causing the video_scheduler_internal_error BSOD crash and how I fixed it by enabling hybrid mode and restart to force the onboard graphics back on and thus windows will recognize it and install the necessary drivers... well guess what, the other day I miraculously got another same video scheduler crash, i looked in my device manager and for some odd reason the onboard graphics card was once again not there anymore... Had to do the same steps above to get the onboard graphics detected and installed again... after which I went onto lenovo's site and used their autodetect feature to find out what drivers i'm missing, it recommended updating the AMD VGA driver, which I did... and it was afterwards that I noticed that the usb disconnect chime coming in at the beginning of each boot. Googled it and found other reddit pages with other users reporting same thing.... weird. I really love the build quality but the bugs are getting quite annoying.... starting to wonder if I shouldn't have reformatted back to Windows 10.... I still got the original windows 11 sitting on the OEM NVMe... really don't wanna have to plug that darn thing back in.
Is this only happening to people who downgrade?
I was gonna do the same
Mar 20, 2011
579 posts
1915 upvotes
redflagnoob85 wrote: Is this only happening to people who downgrade?
I was gonna do the same
can't speak for anyone else... just follow the steps i mentioned if you run into the same thing
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
1957 posts
1409 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like they increased the base-price for their legion build it yourself laptop.
can no longer build with 3070 for $2014 after coupons and discounts.

inflation is a Bee.
Dec 17, 2017
365 posts
342 upvotes
Yeah, looks like they re-authorized my credit card again even though the shipping date is March 31st on my order.
Dhanushan wrote: There will be a pre-authorization when you place the order. Once your order ships, your credit card will be charged.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#payments

During checkout, Lenovo will request a pre-authorization for the total order amount from your credit card company, this is not an actual charge. Once your order ships, your credit card will be charged. If you ordered more than one item, there may be multiple charges as items ship separately as they become available. This will not increase your shipping charges.

At times, we may have to re-authorize your credit card for the unshipped amount. This may result in a duplicate authorization that will be released according to your banks authorization hold policy. Again, this is a hold on the funds, not an actual charge.
Jun 4, 2016
245 posts
66 upvotes
do shipping times ever move up? I saw mine says march 31 shipping date but man i need this sooner.
Dec 15, 2003
31 posts
3 upvotes
Don't remember what the estimated shipping date was. But sometime over the last several days my estimated arrival date went from late April to April 14th. Hoping all their estimates are overly conservative.

On the plus side. Since I've ordered there has been an Amex Lenovo offer "Spend at least $1,000 and Earn a $100 credit." Hopefully it applies since they only charge when it ships.

molombian wrote: do shipping times ever move up? I saw mine says march 31 shipping date but man i need this sooner.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1535 posts
207 upvotes
My shipping date went from March 9 to March 30th.

Ordered Jan 26.

I think it's time to cancel.
Nov 22, 2017
187 posts
233 upvotes
I ordered in March 3rd. Initially estimated arrival was July 18th. Then estimated shipping went to March 18th, then March 21st.

And then today, March 17th, I received my shipping notification.

Much better than 4+ months!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2600 posts
641 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
13% rakuten is back!

LEGIONDEALS20 still working and a few models now have a CLEAR22 code
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Nov 25, 2021
202 posts
298 upvotes
Has anyone ever done an online return with Lenovo? Is it easy? ie. similar to Amazon, go in and get a return shipping label, and send? Or it is more problematic?
Jul 29, 2017
186 posts
66 upvotes
Wow, I placed my order around 10 days ago and I just got a shipment notification.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1535 posts
207 upvotes
xla4life wrote: My shipping date went from March 9 to March 30th.

Ordered Jan 26.

I think it's time to cancel.
So if I decide to try this again, I might get the original one I ordered back in Jan. But with a larger Rakuten bonus this time.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
2600 posts
641 upvotes
Woodstock, ON
Suthek wrote: Looks like they increased the base-price for their legion build it yourself laptop.
can no longer build with 3070 for $2014 after coupons and discounts.

inflation is a Bee.
building the 5800H with base specs 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and adding the 3070.. LEGIONDEALS20 and ID.me discount I'm seeing $1971.59 in the cart before tax. (the current rakuten negates the 13% tax if your in Ontario)

also there are double lenovo rewards on right now as well, so $118 in rewards is added that you'll have a year to use.

alternatively .. the only real significant savings over the ones we've seen since BF would be the Legion 7 Gen 6 AMD (16") with RTX 3080 Part Number 82N600DUUS. Jan 10th as per the Elrondolio thread price back then after all discounts (rakuten, id.me) pre tax was $2,907.12 on the custom build Legion 7 AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, RTX 3080, 32GB, 2TB SSD

that spec'd model is ready to ship and after discounts (rakuten, id.me) the pricing would come in around $2448 pre tax and another $168 in rewards back. temping.
Last edited by crashxxx on Mar 17th, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saving money on things I don't need since 2009. thanks RFD

Woodstock, ON
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9331 posts
2107 upvotes
DrasticPig wrote: Has anyone ever done an online return with Lenovo? Is it easy? ie. similar to Amazon, go in and get a return shipping label, and send? Or it is more problematic?
I did a couple of returns in the past. They send you the return labels and you bring it to the UPS store. It was fairly simple.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 4, 2018
698 posts
549 upvotes
Lenovo hardly offer any gaming pc. Kinda sucks
Put some resphek on my name!
Oct 4, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered one, 3070 build, with Rakuten back in February. The original shipment was on April 13. I don't want to wait that long and I ordered another one ,3080 build, which is in stock last night. Then this morning UPS send me a message saying it will arrive on March 26. I end up cancelled the first order and going to keep the 2nd order. LOL

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)