Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

Lenovo 28" UHD 4K IPS Monitor $366.70 plus 10% cash back ($330.03)

20 replies
Nov 21, 2014
840 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
No VESA?
Thanks for the upvote!
Oct 14, 2014
971 posts
1139 upvotes
Southern Ontario
CelusC wrote: No VESA?
It sure looks like there are 100mm*100mm bolt holes for it
Images
  • 2521EACD-D9BF-4E57-BEE1-29E3ACD5AE53_1_201_a.jpeg
Nov 24, 2013
246 posts
171 upvotes
Burnaby
esq05 wrote: I just bought this Samsung here (given the hdcp 2.2 as well)... Would this Lenovo be better?

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-LU28R550U ... B084V9CJB1
Looks like the Samsung one offers picture by/in picture. That's kinda a useful feature for some people. Not sure how that would work in conjunction with hdr but I would prob stick with the Samsung one.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby
Found on the net, through reddit:
etc

Also, I think there are threads about this particular monitor here on RedFlagDeals.

VESA mount points aren't mentioned by Lenovo Canada in the monitor's webpage description/specification, but VESA holes are shown in pictures of this monitor.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Dec 3, 2015
113 posts
112 upvotes
SK
Ya would be good to know if it has vesa mount. I'm between this and the Q27, I just feel like 1440p is the natural sweet spot for 27" and 4K is just going to be awkwardly scaled it's whole life, only really useful for video I think.
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes
esq05 wrote: I just bought this Samsung here (given the hdcp 2.2 as well)... Would this Lenovo be better?

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-LU28R550U ... B084V9CJB1
Not much difference because they use the same Innolux panel. Even the Asus Tuf Gaming VG28Q or something like that also uses the same panel. The Samsung one says it has 75Hz panel but it doesn't. So if you are happy with your Samsung then keep it.
Also if you got it from best buy the price went down further to 379 i think.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby
Adster wrote: Ya would be good to know if it has vesa mount. I'm between this and the Q27, I just feel like 1440p is the natural sweet spot for 27" and 4K is just going to be awkwardly scaled it's whole life, only really useful for video I think.
psref -- Lenovo L28u-30 datasheet: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... eet_EN.pdf
MECHANICAL
Tilt Angle (front/back)
-5° / 22°
VESA Mount Capability
Yes (100 x 100 mm)

Kensington Lock Slot
Yes
Cable Management
Yes
Bezel Color
Raven Black
Bezel Width (side)
2 mm
Bezel Width (top/bottom)
2 mm / 22.8 mm
^ page 2

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Dec 3, 2015
113 posts
112 upvotes
SK
aviador wrote: psref -- Lenovo L28u-30 datasheet: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PD ... eet_EN.pdf

^ page 2
Ah, thanks! Was too lazy to dig for the specs.

Now anyone got anything to push me one way or the other on the 28" 4K vs the 27" 1440p? Looks like they have pretty much the same bezel thickness. I'm just torn on the scaling in Windows for 4K, I'm never too impressed with it. This will be replacing the central monitor in a 4 screen setup that's just a 27" 1080p cheap Dell with an unimpressive 6bit FRC panel.
Dec 3, 2015
113 posts
112 upvotes
SK
...and it's out of stock, damn... they must not have had many?
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1340 posts
988 upvotes
Adster wrote: Ah, thanks! Was too lazy to dig for the specs.

Now anyone got anything to push me one way or the other on the 28" 4K vs the 27" 1440p? Looks like they have pretty much the same bezel thickness. I'm just torn on the scaling in Windows for 4K, I'm never too impressed with it. This will be replacing the central monitor in a 4 screen setup that's just a 27" 1080p cheap Dell with an unimpressive 6bit FRC panel.
Windows scaling works fine for the most part. My games sometimes have small menus though
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes

Go with 4k man if you have deep enough desk, the picture looks sharper. I will only go 1440p if it was a high refresh rate monitor. 1440p at 60Hz or even 75Hz is not worth it.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4401 posts
4637 upvotes
Toronto

is it for a laptop or a desktop? i find that on my laptop with Intel HD 620, it wasnt capable enough to push 4k smoothly, as in when I try to move windows, it lags and judders
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
2228 posts
1609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Would this be a good match for a PS4 Pro, XBOX One X (and the XBOX Series X, PS5 for that matter)? I sit close and my current 1080P is 27"
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1992 posts
1859 upvotes
Today I got the Samsung 28UR55 I ordered from Staples yesterday. Nice monitor. It sits tilted downward so I have some shims under the front of the legs. It was $379.99+HST. I'm not a gamer and just wanted a larger screen for trading from my old Samsung 2443BW which has switch to side position and the smaller Samsung that was there has gone to another computer.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2567 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
digitalpixies wrote: Looks like the Samsung one offers picture by/in picture. That's kinda a useful feature for some people. Not sure how that would work in conjunction with hdr but I would prob stick with the Samsung one.
Thanks! And agree. It's a useful feature. I do switch between my work and personal laptop, so could be handy but I don't see it as a deal maker. I think it being HDR10 makes me okay with the premium being paid.
Hyper9 wrote: Not much difference because they use the same Innolux panel. Even the Asus Tuf Gaming VG28Q or something like that also uses the same panel. The Samsung one says it has 75Hz panel but it doesn't. So if you are happy with your Samsung then keep it.
Also if you got it from best buy the price went down further to 379 i think.
It being HDR10 and having hdcp 2.2 support (not sure if Lenovo has that) could be useful. And yup, I ordered it for $379 at Amazon. I wasn't sure which to get and lots of deals on monitors expired, so thought I'd order from Amazon and see what other deals pop up in the meantime.
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Thanks! And agree. It's a useful feature. I do switch between my work and personal laptop, so could be handy but I don't see it as a deal maker. I think it being HDR10 makes me okay with the premium being paid.

It being HDR10 and having hdcp 2.2 support (not sure if Lenovo has that) could be useful. And yup, I ordered it for $379 at Amazon. I wasn't sure which to get and lots of deals on monitors expired, so thought I'd order from Amazon and see what other deals pop up in the meantime.
Hope you get the monitor in time. Last I checked Amazon was taking a month or two to ship it out. So if you are not in rush, then its all good waiting.
To be honest don't buy any monitor in this price range for the HDR10 marketing gimmick. To be HDR 10 certified a monitor needs to attain the peak brightness of 1000 nits, these monitors peak out at like 300 or 350 nits. What they do is emulate the HDR 10 by turning the brightness to 100% and over saturate everything. Consider it like a beauty mode in most phones or apps, where the person using it thinks they look amazing but the person who they send it to is like are you kidding me?

The one that can actually do that decently is Benq U3280 with HDRi or something like that but then that one retails for $999 at Best Buy.
What I like about these monitors that use Innolux panel is that the black uniformity is better than LG display. Blacks look like black unlike LG monitors that show the color as gray. I will suggest wait for the Samsung one to arrive and meanwhile keep an eye on sales for Dell's, they have good monitors.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)