Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo 300 FHD WebCam - $38.94 + F/S with coupon (possible further discounts?)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 3:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4839 posts
2871 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo 300 FHD WebCam - $38.94 + F/S with coupon (possible further discounts?)

Well folks, I’m back with another Lenovo webcam deal I found, like the last one!

This webcam seems like it’s a new camera just released, could be wrong about that though.

eCoupon code: EXTRAFIVE

I checked if it’s cheap with the EPP and it’s apparently not, it’s showing $46 when you log in with EPP lol. I guess they caught on with people doubling down with discounts. People still might have other discounts with their work.

Don’t forget Rakuten has 12% for Lenovo Canada back in cash!

Image

Image

Image
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
18 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19289 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
So, what's the difference between this and the Essential?

Too bad my Essential I just got wasn't this colour, since it would then match my aluminum Apple Cinema HD Display much better.
Newbie
Dec 26, 2017
29 posts
38 upvotes
The specs look very similar to the black essential fhd webcam which was posted here in late October. Any indication of what the difference is beyond the colour?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4839 posts
2871 upvotes
EugW wrote: So, what's the difference between this and the Essential?

Too bad my Essential I just got wasn't this colour, since it would then match my aluminum Apple Cinema HD Display much better.
Haven’t tried to compare them, I didn’t buy a webcam myself. I just like posting deals for people sometimes lol.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19289 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm... The descriptions on their web pages are 100% identical. And the design is also identical. The only things I can see that are different are the name and colour.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 31, 2006
1515 posts
382 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I just got it in the mail today from the previous post... It took one month, shipped via ups and came from China directly.

I tested it today and at least i can finally use it for zoom over my remote desktop for work. Quality seems ok, but i don't feel it's 1080p...still better than the laptop cam.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2016
28 posts
41 upvotes
From my experience, the Essential and the 300 are the same webcam.

I actually received my order from Lenovo today; I ordered the Essential from the previous RFD thread a few weeks back. When I unboxed the webcam, the title of the instructions showed Lenovo 300 FHD lol.

Quality wise, it's what I expect from a sub 40$ webcam. Haven't played with it too much, but the picture is slightly grainy when I turned it on.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19289 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
CapitanArroz wrote: From my experience, the Essential and the 300 are the same webcam.

I actually received my order from Lenovo today; I ordered the Essential from the previous RFD thread a few weeks back. When I unboxed the webcam, the title of the instructions showed Lenovo 300 FHD lol.

Quality wise, it's what I expect from a sub 40$ webcam. Haven't played with it too much, but the picture is slightly grainy when I turned it on.
Yes, my instructions for the Essential say both 300 and Essential.

BTW, does anyone what is the "cloud grey" colour? Is it kind of silver? Or is just off-white/grey?
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 20, 2011
80 posts
297 upvotes
The privacy shutter looks a little awkward or is it just me? Feels like it would get stuck while moving.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 11, 2001
9368 posts
1535 upvotes
Privacy shutter lol... make it sound like it's advanced or something. I just use some painters tape haha.
qwerty17327 wrote: The privacy shutter looks a little awkward or is it just me? Feels like it would get stuck while moving.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 22, 2008
1695 posts
449 upvotes
krazynuck wrote: I just got it in the mail today from the previous post... It took one month, shipped via ups and came from China directly.

I tested it today and at least i can finally use it for zoom over my remote desktop for work. Quality seems ok, but i don't feel it's 1080p...still better than the laptop cam.
Still waiting on the Essential from the previous deal... it's with UPS and I'm hoping to have it for a video job interview on Thursday. Neutral Face
Newbie
Nov 22, 2020
31 posts
50 upvotes
Rishi wrote: Still waiting on the Essential from the previous deal... it's with UPS and I'm hoping to have it for a video job interview on Thursday. Neutral Face
Good luck to you, but I know there should be some apps that can allow you to use your phone as camera input, in case your camera can't arrive in time.
Sr. Member
May 20, 2003
571 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
I just got my Essential yesterday. Is there any software that can adjust the settings of the camera? Looks very yellow and also shows a wider viewing angle than I’d like. The camera app in windows is very limited
Jr. Member
Mar 8, 2009
133 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto
krazynuck wrote: I just got it in the mail today from the previous post... It took one month, shipped via ups and came from China directly.

I tested it today and at least i can finally use it for zoom over my remote desktop for work. Quality seems ok, but i don't feel it's 1080p...still better than the laptop cam.
Pretty much my exact experience. Overall for the price I am very happy with it - nice not to have to hunch over my laptop anymore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
4839 posts
2871 upvotes
thatmatt22 wrote: Deal dead? I see it at 56.99 :(
Looks like it, wish I saw it earlier on Monday. It did have the “Door Buster” label, and now it says “New Arrival” so I gues it was a sale price for Boxing week/Cyber Monday.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 | RAM: ADATA XPG DDR4 3000MHz 24GB | SSD: WD Black 512GB NVMe | Mobo: ASUS STRIX Z270E | Case: COUGAR PANZER | Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 |Monitor: 2 x HP 27es 27" IPS LCD
Member
Sep 4, 2010
389 posts
149 upvotes
Brampton
Got yesterday too. Better, but not much than a logitech C270. Will stick with the C270, sell this one.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4450 posts
692 upvotes
Still a decent deal at regular price? With Rakuten and the 5% off code, it comes out to $48.xx.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19289 posts
5372 upvotes
Toronto
Kherani wrote: Still a decent deal at regular price? With Rakuten and the 5% off code, it comes out to $48.xx.
I'd say it's nothing special at $50. I paid $37.xx plus tax, and at that price it's a reasonable deal. (I got the black "Essential" one, which appears to be the same hardware.)

Top