76 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo 34" Curved Monitor G34W-10 $471.59

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/perkopolis ... 66A1GCCBUS
Password: PerkopolisCAGold
Coupon: LENMONITOR10

$471.59

34" Curved 21:9 Ultrawide Monitor
3440x1440
Last edited by ducatirider on Feb 1st, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
100 replies
Jul 15, 2010
222 posts
416 upvotes
Vancouver
9% cash back from rakuten as well
Jun 5, 2011
214 posts
425 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
It's a crappy monitor, I would skip it.
Oct 15, 2020
51 posts
44 upvotes
Just a warning, I bought this monitor on Dec 18, 2020 from Lenovo directly for $457.59 excluding tax. It's Feb 1 and I still haven't received the monitor, it's been "shipped" since Dec 21 from the States with no updates since.

I started a return ticket in anticipation of getting the product before the end of January to return back but no luck. Ended up buying an MSI monitor at my local Memory Express. I know COVID has affected shipping but with no response from Lenovo to help resolve my situation, this will definitely be the last time I buy directly from Lenovo.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
2203 posts
2843 upvotes
Toronto
sm_12345 wrote: It's a crappy monitor, I would skip it.
Its a crappy company. skip it. never buy from them ever again. ship you defective product, then takes many tries to get return shipping label, then still no refund after 2 months and multiple followup.
Dec 4, 2008
181 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
I got this in June 2020 and had some similar issues.

Pros:
I was using 24" 1080p BenQ with TN panels before the G34W so I don't feel like the image is that bad. It runs fine with my work laptop (Surface Pro w/ dock) and my PC, but my PC's video card isn't good enough to get 144hz out of it so I can't actually confirm the 144hz works. It does run to 100hz though and for a WFH / light gaming monitor (League, mostly), it's not a horrible deal. Having the extra screen real estate is pretty damned nice, esp for side-by-side excel / emails / etc. I still run a 24" next to it so it looks a bit funky, but more screen space = happy me.

Cons:
The first one I got had a couple dead pixels but I decided it was fine, but then the display just fully crapped out on me. The backlight would come on, but the on-screen menu wouldn't show up and even though the PC could detect it was connected, nothing would display on the monitor. I started a warranty claim and it looks like they sent it to a nearby repair facility to send a new unit, but the nearby facility didn't have one. This is where it stalled out, and took 6 weeks of calls every other day with no effect at all.

It wasn't until I used the Lenovo forums and started shit there. Suddenly I had reps from the team in the US, rather than the call centres overseas talking to me. Case managers were assigned to my case, etc. I got the replacement 2 months after I started the warranty claim, but this unit is now perfect.

Overall:
That being said, if I had the extra $200-300, I'd go with a more reputable brand and not bother chancing it. Part of me hopes it'll crap out in the 2nd year so my credit card warranty can grab me a replacement - ideally from another brand.
Dec 23, 2005
487 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
I received my monitor and have it beside my Alienware AW3420DW. Purchased this to use primarily for work. It functions great as a work monitor with HDMI. No dead pixels.

The power button is like a little joystick that lets you adjust settings as well as turning the monitor off. It feels cheap and I've turned it off by mistake when trying to adjust settings.

I'm considering returning it- I have a very difficult time getting my desktop computer to display on this monitor as a second monitor. Another gripe I have is that you cannot view the menu unless the source is active- eg if I have the monitor on 'HDMI' and that source is turned off, the menu will not show up until you turn the source on and send video. It's made switching between HDMI and DP very irritating.

It's a cheap monitor and might work if you have just one source and don't need to change settings often.. I may hold out for a sale on the Gigabyte one instead.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2005
3281 posts
232 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Odd. I have returned 2 items back to Lenovo in Jan 2021, and they responded to my return requests within 2 business day with prepaid UPS labels as well.
[OP]
May 13, 2006
269 posts
76 upvotes
Dabeed wrote: Also: this monitor doesn't have USB C. We're talking about the "Lenovo G34w-10 34 Inch WLED Ultra-Wide Curved Gaming Monitor", right?
odd. i thought it said usb-c. i'll edit the post
Dec 23, 2017
102 posts
95 upvotes
Seems all of the 34 inchers 144hz are using the same panel and are hit or miss depending on the QC..

Waiting on some reviews on the new Asus 34 165hz which seems to boast a new panel by AU
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2340 posts
2159 upvotes
Whitby
Can't an inexpensive tv do the job?
Jul 7, 2014
212 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I looked at some reddit reviews. Monitor sucks... I am Disappoint :/
Oct 6, 2010
87 posts
15 upvotes
Maybe I got lucky. Ordered mid Jan and got it in a week. Screen is great. Only downside is the monitor stand is weak, the screen wobbles a lot when raised.

Rakuten extension worked even through Workopolis.
May 26, 2014
133 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Purchased two of these monitors, one in December and one last week. Both times, they arrived within 5 -6 business days (Alberta). Both work great and without any dead pixels or dust. It is important to note, that you can force G-Sync to work on this monitor, but you get random flickers during loading screens, and also happened when I opened Adobe Photoshop, since then I have disabled it and opted for MPRT.
Oct 15, 2020
51 posts
44 upvotes
stupidguy_101 wrote: Maybe I got lucky. Ordered mid Jan and got it in a week. Screen is great. Only downside is the monitor stand is weak, the screen wobbles a lot when raised.

Rakuten extension worked even through Workopolis.
Lucky indeed, glad you at least got your order!
Oct 2, 2007
180 posts
67 upvotes
Mine had 5+ stuck pixels. Had to take pictures of each of the pixels to “prove” there was an issue. Replacement took 3 weeks. Went with the AOG 34” because of the dead pixel policy, and cancelled the replacement.

Took 2 hours of messing around talking to support and packaging things again. Not worth it.

Seems like dead pixels are very common with this unit.