Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo 500 Multimedia Controller

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2019 4:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1887 posts
359 upvotes
North York

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo 500 Multimedia Controller

Found this accessory while browsing Lenovo's site and it looks like a decent option for controlling your PC.
It's nice and small. The whole keyboard is also the touchpad which is why it's so compact.

At regular price it's way too expensive but this sale puts it in line with the Logitech K400 and MS all in one keyboard.
Lenovo also has a 30 day return policy if you don't like it.

You'll need the 10% off code below that expires tonight. Plus there's 4% ebates if you have that.

CINCODEMAYO10
Last edited by spawn582 on May 5th, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29 replies
Dec 29, 2003
701 posts
354 upvotes
Montreal
Ordered.
Thanks OP!
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." Benjamin Franklin
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home- ... eview.html

PROS:
Price. For what it does, $33 (at newegg) is a bargain (MSRP: $59.99)
Obviously, having what amounts to a really big touchpad is the biggest pro.
Comfortable hand-fit. Feels like a game controller. Reaching all the keys with my thumbs is easy.
Uses Triple-A batteries. Sounds like an odd “pro,” but the rechargeable DiNovo would always fail when you needed it most. I can’t comment on battery life as I haven’t run the first pair of batteries down, yet. Lenovo claims up to 8 months of battery life. I’ll let you know.

CONS:
Because the keys are slightly rounded, cursor movement isn’t always as smooth as with a mouse or touchpad. That said, flat keys would have been harder to type with, so this is an acceptable limitation.
There is no backlight for the keys. In a really dark home-theater environment, that could be an issue if you have to type in a lot of things. The programs I use all pause with a tap of the spacebar, which is easy to locate without looking at the device.
The cursor may move a little when you type.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
"Sorry, insufficient stock for one or more products in your cart."

You only get the message at the last step of checkout.
Mar 2, 2014
207 posts
1138 upvotes
Halifax
dhomas wrote: "Sorry, insufficient stock for one or more products in your cart."

You only get the message at the last step of checkout.
Just placed an order all from my android phone on opera browser. Worked!!
Oct 28, 2007
187 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty garbage controller compared to discontinued n5902s. Insensitive control, poor mouse registration depending on skin temperature, moisture. Device sometimes freezes trying to decide between touchpad or type mode. No backlight, not even bumps on j/k/arrow keys to facilitate touch type. No method for single handed use, or single handled scrolling. Just a massive usability downgrade overall.
Last edited by dirtyid on May 5th, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12065 upvotes
Toronto
Would’ve jumped on this if it was backlit.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
dirtyid wrote: No backlight, not even bumps on j/k/arrow keys to facilitate touch type.
+1
This is a deal breaker for any multimedia keyboard.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3784 posts
2780 upvotes
Airdrie
Will it work with Android? I have a K400 on each of my Shields but this looks like cool tech.

Edit: Guess I'll find out when it gets here :rolleyes:
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1252 posts
977 upvotes
Thanks. Wanted to buy this long time ago but at original price it was too much. Bought one.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Angultra wrote: Would’ve jumped on this if it was backlit.
+1

I'll stick with my N5902 that has a backlight. Best handheld remote ever.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
jdewit wrote: Will it work with Android? I have a K400 on each of my Shields but this looks like cool tech.

Edit: Guess I'll find out when it gets here :rolleyes:
Lenovo's specs say it's Windows 10 only. But Lenovo tends to be conservative on this sort of stuff. This remote should work with Android, however, you may notice some minor issues with specific keys.
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 23, 2007
644 posts
536 upvotes
Granby
Thx OP. I was looking to buy a keyboard for my htpc this weekend. This is perfect.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2699 posts
129 upvotes
dirtyid wrote: Pretty garbage controller compared to discontinued n5902s. Insensitive control, poor mouse registration depending on skin temperature, moisture. Device sometimes freezes trying to decide between touchpad or type mode. No backlight, not even bumps on j/k/arrow keys to facilitate touch type. No method for single handed use, or single handled scrolling. Just a massive usability downgrade overall.
Agreed. The n5902 was much better. I found it really hard to use this updated version as a mouse with one hand.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)