[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Black Friday catalog - No excuses not to save

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2019 7:53 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1744 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
tiburonic wrote: Ordered Yoga c940 on Friday, contacted chat multiple times due to the delayed shipping and they said it was all good just delayed due to volume, today they cancelled my order. When I called Lenovo to ask WTF the agent instantly hang up on me after waiting for 30minst. Called again, they said sorry your order is cancelled, hang up again. Called sales, they answer instantly no wait times, and tried to sell me a new order lol no thanks.
Lost my 10x Aeroplan promotion, lost the chance of buying a laptop on black Friday deal. Never buying from Lenovo,

Sales is sketchy, and horror stories of people receiving lemons and not being able to repair. Sucks but at least I didn't gamble my $2500 with this sketchy company.
That seems super sketch. Out of curiosity was there a special deal on the C940 for BF? It's been hovering at ~2100 (for the 15") after coupon code for a few weeks now. And it hasn't been out much longer than that.
Nov 25, 2016
141 posts
137 upvotes
Just picked up my $129 computer from UPS, and I find its better than I expected. It runs YouTube and Netflix just fine, not choppy or laggy. Email, web browsing, word, Facebook have opened and worked too.

Do I expect it to be lightening fast or able to run games (besides solitaire)...no....so I think if you have expectations in line with the price you won’t be disappointed.
Nov 16, 2006
808 posts
318 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
GollyMolly wrote: Just picked up my $129 computer from UPS...

Good to hear. Were there any extra charges when you picked it up?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4119 posts
1044 upvotes
Charlottetown
GollyMolly wrote: Just picked up my $129 computer from UPS, and I find its better than I expected. It runs YouTube and Netflix just fine, not choppy or laggy. Email, web browsing, word, Facebook have opened and worked too.

Do I expect it to be lightening fast or able to run games (besides solitaire)...no....so I think if you have expectations in line with the price you won’t be disappointed.
great to hear that, mine is due for delivery by Tuesday. saw a good review on Youtube, he was very surprised how well it worked for the price too.
*PS - yeah, there is something screwy going on with deliveries......my 1st email said said delivery date Nov 27 (which was before i ordered it), then another saying Mid December.......now got one yesterday saying it arrived in Dieppe, NB but is being held up to to bad weather...... i live about an hour and a half from Dieppe, there is no bad weather......
Nov 25, 2016
141 posts
137 upvotes
noway wrote: Good to hear. Were there any extra charges when you picked it up?
No. Even though they ship from USA it must be something they do on their side since it was ordered in Canada from Canadian site. (Vs when you order from a USA website directly) At least that’s how I understand it.
Nov 25, 2016
141 posts
137 upvotes
townie22 wrote: great to hear that, mine is due for delivery by Tuesday. saw a good review on Youtube, he was very surprised how well it worked for the price too.
*PS - yeah, there is something screwy going on with deliveries......my 1st email said said delivery date Nov 27 (which was before i ordered it), then another saying Mid December.......now got one yesterday saying it arrived in Dieppe, NB but is being held up to to bad weather...... i live about an hour and a half from Dieppe, there is no bad weather......
That’s not screwed that’s typical for Lenovo....just like it will be stuck on ordered not processed or shipped for ages, then suddenly at your door! I even got a delivery attempt email but when I tracked it with UPS it wasn’t even in my city yet. They just seem to have a messed up tracking system for orders in general.
Apr 7, 2006
255 posts
217 upvotes
sorry to hear you guys are having so many problems. They shipped mine on Monday from North Carolina and it arrived in Calgary on Thursday. I didn't have to pay a cent for duties either.

REALLY liking my y540, makes my 12 hour night shifts a hell of a lot better
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2552 posts
518 upvotes
Toronto
Teioh wrote: sorry to hear you guys are having so many problems. They shipped mine on Monday from North Carolina and it arrived in Calgary on Thursday. I didn't have to pay a cent for duties either.

REALLY liking my y540, makes my 12 hour night shifts a hell of a lot better
huh? did i miss anything here, sounds you guys buying from lenovo.com and shipped across border - how much better the deal is, and there is no duties?
Dec 30, 2007
34 posts
ottawa
bought Yoga 730 on 28th. No ship date yet. Anyone else not getting updates about their order too? Should I call in to see whats up?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5609 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
Its been days and the package is stuck in this status.

Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
test9251 wrote: Its been days and the package is stuck in this status.

When you track the item on the UPS page, to the right hand side of the page under "shipment details" is there an alternate tracking number listed? If there is, the same thing happened to me and the alternate tracking number is the one that was created for your item being returned to sender.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5609 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
svcbn wrote: When you track the item on the UPS page, to the right hand side of the page under "shipment details" is there an alternate tracking number listed? If there is, the same thing happened to me and the alternate tracking number is the one that was created for your item being returned to sender.
Yes there is alternate tracking number and the result in that tracking is that the item is already with the sender.
Dec 16, 2006
92 posts
31 upvotes
test9251 wrote: Yes there is alternate tracking number and the result in that tracking is that the item is already with the sender.
Ok, then your item was returned to Lenovo and you will need to chat/call them and either request it to be resent or refunded.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5609 posts
856 upvotes
Toronto
svcbn wrote: Ok, then your item was returned to Lenovo and you will need to chat/call them and either request it to be resent or refunded.
Thanks. I was expecting they will deliver it again by themselves. Jeez..