Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Black Friday ThinkPad Deals (4K Touch X1Y & i7-10750H X1E)

Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
2496 posts
2740 upvotes
Toronto
Midav wrote: Hey guys, I just got my X1E recently as well. I have an external monitor that I use and when I switch to the 'second monitor only' display mode, my system becomes incredibly sluggish, and the system.exe process spikes in power consumption. From my understanding, this stems from an issue between the built-in and discrete graphics cards. Either disabling and re-enabling the intel graphics card driver or setting the graphics mode in the bios to 'discrete only' can help and does work for me.

Has anyone else experienced something similar and if so, how did you go about solving the problem?
I had the same issue and after searching online someone suggested to make all updates. I run Lenovo vantage and updated all critical and recommended updates including BIOS and it fixed the issue for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7618 posts
5705 upvotes
Ottawa
Got refund today, it’s pretty fast which it’s not like someone said it takes a month to get refund, it takes me less than a week. Good job Lenovo, it’s just what I want get fund before Christmas. Thanks Lenovo.

For the sleep fans always running, I got an answer from a forum, you just change sleep mode to Linux in the bios which make it to sleep S3 mode.
Images
  • F6F666EE-8288-4C9A-AF57-58113949F5FA.jpeg
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
How does the finish of the x1 carbon differ from the x1 yoga? Is one of the two better aside from colour? How is everyone's experience with the carbon and yoga?
Jul 11, 2013
301 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote: How does the finish of the x1 carbon differ from the x1 yoga? Is one of the two better aside from colour? How is everyone's experience with the carbon and yoga?
Love the X1 Yoga. Great build quality, fantastic screen, and an amazing keyboard. Hinges feel tight and solid. Minor irritation is the keyboard backlight always turn off when the laptop wakes up from sleep and after a restart. I much prefer the aluminum to the carbon-weave casing of Gen 3. Fingerprint reader is not very accurate though. I had a Gen 3 and it was same thing. Take a few tries to register, if at all. Never had this problem with my Yoga 710-15IKB. Maybe it's due to the fact that the reader is larger on the Yoga 710. As usual, the webcam is horrendous, but this seems to be a constant across the Thinkpads.
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: Got refund today, it’s pretty fast which it’s not like someone said it takes a month to get refund, it takes me less than a week. Good job Lenovo, it’s just what I want get fund before Christmas. Thanks Lenovo.

For the sleep fans always running, I got an answer from a forum, you just change sleep mode to Linux in the bios which make it to sleep S3 mode.
Thanks for the photo uploaded! I was wondering how to do that until the updates fixed it. I'll try it if it comes back again.
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys, just found a little bright spot on the screen today. I didn't notice it before as I hadn't really checked. It's only noticeable on white background or light color background.

Warranty?
Return?
Live with it?

Hard to pick...
Kinda worry if it'd develop more.

Laptop has stayed on the desk since day one, and nothing has been on top. Not apply to pressure point.
Images
  • IMG_20201226_130700.jpg
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
kellymok wrote: Hey guys, just found a little bright spot on the screen today. I didn't notice it before as I hadn't really checked. It's only noticeable on white background or light color background.

Warranty?
Return?
Live with it?

Hard to pick...
Kinda worry if it'd develop more.

Laptop has stayed on the desk since day one, and nothing has been on top. Not apply to pressure point.
I would return it

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#returns
Destiny is all
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I like this laptop though, and tired of hunting for another one. I wish I could get a replacement, which seems impossible.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
kellymok wrote: Thanks for your link. It says the request for the return should be placed within 14 days of the invoice. Does it apply to this holiday season too?
Only applicable for Lenovo Outlet purchases

"For purchases of personal computing products from the Lenovo Outlet of five (5) units or less, all requests for returns must be submitted within 14 calendar days from the date of invoice for a refund of the price paid."
Destiny is all
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: Only applicable for Lenovo Outlet purchases

"For purchases of personal computing products from the Lenovo Outlet of five (5) units or less, all requests for returns must be submitted within 14 calendar days from the date of invoice for a refund of the price paid."
Oh, thank you for pointing out.
Jun 3, 2007
579 posts
211 upvotes
Scarborough
kellymok wrote: I like this laptop though, and tired of hunting for another one. I wish I could get a replacement, which seems impossible.
It's just a laptop. spend more time use it instead of reviewing it.
Jan 1, 2014
359 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
crispwolf wrote: It's just a laptop. spend more time use it instead of reviewing it.
Does use it refer to looking at the screen as well?
LOL ...
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
How much is it to upgrade from a FHD to a WQHD panel?

For those who have the yoga. Do you get headaches even though it's an IPS display? I took a picture and notice flickering on my phone where I don't see it in my WQHD. Does anyone know why?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
I finally got my Rakuten cash back for the X1E purchase @ $1399. I last received a reply on December 4th stating they were investigating.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Jun 4, 2009
90 posts
18 upvotes
Still did not get the cash back from Rakuten for my X1E@1,400 - after 2 different attempts to resolve the issue. Will return.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
drx1 wrote: Still did not get the cash back from Rakuten for my X1E@1,400 - after 2 different attempts to resolve the issue. Will return.
Better hurry! Today is the last day for holiday returns.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)