Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Canada ThinkBook 14s Yoga 2- in -1 laptop i7-1165G7,16G, 512GB SSD $1039.05

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2021 2:51 pm
Jan 29, 2017
15 posts
18 upvotes
Geoff2 wrote: Mine arrived today. The device is great but I don't think my trackpad was installed correctly. There's a gap in the top side which causes the right click to require more effort and makes an odd double click sound.
Almost same for me. I got the laptop couple of days ago and it is amazing. The trackpad seems loose a bit at the top right corner. clicks and works perfectly but it feels like the surface loose. I have a Yoga C930 and the trackpad is solid and feels better quality. I don't want to return it because I really like the machine and not quite sure if I should send it for warranty check?
Dec 28, 2020
23 posts
55 upvotes
prod wrote: code is no longer working for me, deadline said jan 31
EDIT: working now
price bumped up 100 already
Dec 24, 2012
258 posts
52 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Thanks and found the following info. I just received this Lenovo 14" Gen 2 and haven't done any "refresh start" yet. I read the link you provided and it seems saying it will remove any digital licenses and digital content associated with apps. would this remove the window 10 home license ? sorry for being asking the basic question.

Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life. Fresh Start

To use Fresh Start, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Device performance & health. Under Fresh Start, select Additional info > Get Started.

Note: Fresh Start will remove most of your apps, including Microsoft Office, third-party anti-virus software, and desktop apps that came pre-installed on your device. You will not be able to recover removed apps, and will need to manually reinstall these apps later. You may also lose your digital licenses and digital content associated with apps, which may impact your ability to use these apps or app-related content you paid for.

Fresh start is available for Windows 10 versions prior to 2004. For version 2004 and after, Fresh start functionality has been moved to Reset this PC. To reset your PC, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get Started. Then, select Keep my files, choose cloud or local, change your settings, and set Restore preinstalled apps? to No.

Note: If you don't see the option to Restore preinstalled apps, it means your PC doesn't have preinstalled apps configured and won't restore apps from your PC manufacturer.

Dhanushan wrote: Fyi, IBM does not make computers since 2005

Lenovo Completes Purchase of IBM's PC Unit
https://www.pcworld.com/article/120670/article.html

You could give your Lenovo ThinkBook a "fresh start"

Fresh Start lets you perform a clean reinstallation and update of Windows while keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean installation may improve your device's startup and shutdown experience, memory usage, Microsoft Store apps performance, browsing experience, and battery life.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... f2b48d275e
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
bigcircle wrote: Thanks and found the following info. I just received this Lenovo 14" Gen 2 and haven't done any "refresh start" yet. I read the link you provided and it seems saying it will remove any digital licenses and digital content associated with apps. would this remove the window 10 home license ? sorry for being asking the basic question.
The Windows 10 Home OEM license will be stored in the UEFI/BIOS and your Microsoft Account (if the laptop was added)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_E ... _Interface

If you chose to do a clean install of Windows instead of a Fresh Start, you would skip entering the license key and Windows will activate after installation is completed.
Destiny is all
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Price for the i5 dropped back to what it was before. Ordered one. The Thinkpad L13 from the other thread isnt going to ship for close to 4 months ugh
Dec 11, 2006
368 posts
141 upvotes
Hamilton
ellisd wrote: Price for the i5 dropped back to what it was before. Ordered one. The Thinkpad L13 from the other thread isnt going to ship for close to 4 months ugh
lol well that's irritating I just bought this yesterday evening...will see if they'll do a price adjust.
my mood today: :|
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5352 posts
2459 upvotes
ellisd wrote: Price for the i5 dropped back to what it was before. Ordered one. The Thinkpad L13 from the other thread isnt going to ship for close to 4 months ugh
Not just the Thinkpad L13, but there was a thread on /r/hardware this past weekend about there being known PC hardware shortages for every OEM through to Q3 2021 at least.

Too bad because at CES Lenovo just announced their new Ideapad 5 Intel and AMD (Cezanne 5000 series!) laptops. Not that Canada/America ever actually gets the Ideapad line.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Raimiette wrote: lol well that's irritating I just bought this yesterday evening...will see if they'll do a price adjust.
It looks like benchmarks for the i5 is half of the i7 for gaming. Seems drastic.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Tig ... 209.0.html
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Tig ... 145.0.html
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vivibaby wrote: It looks like benchmarks for the i5 is half of the i7 for gaming. Seems drastic.

Yea the GPU is not as good in the i5 than the i7. Are people buying these for gaming? I am buying it for use around the house + zwift when biking. Have my desktop for gaming
Dec 11, 2006
368 posts
141 upvotes
Hamilton
vivibaby wrote: It looks like benchmarks for the i5 is half of the i7 for gaming. Seems drastic.

I am purchasing this so I can do work from the boyfriend's place. I will be doing little to no gaming on this machine. Just work and Netflix/Streaming in bed lol. Should work great for those purposes. As someone else mentioned, I have a desktop for gaming. :)
my mood today: :|
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: just get the AMD version...
This is better than AMD version..
ellisd wrote: Yea the GPU is not as good in the i5 than the i7. Are people buying these for gaming? I am buying it for use around the house + zwift when biking. Have my desktop for gaming
Raimiette wrote: I am purchasing this so I can do work from the boyfriend's place. I will be doing little to no gaming on this machine. Just work and Netflix/Streaming in bed lol. Should work great for those purposes. As someone else mentioned, I have a desktop for gaming. :)
There are many people who say 11th gen is much better than 10th gen graphics so I'm sure they are using it for gaming? I don't know. Just thought I bring it up that there is a difference.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1119 posts
847 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Raimiette wrote: lol well that's irritating I just bought this yesterday evening...will see if they'll do a price adjust.
I bought it yesterday at 1054,
tried to call them waited 10 min, activated the option of callback.

I managed to cancel the order online and re-bought it.
With the same account I was unable to buy again. I had to create a new account (new email)
Same boat as you. i7 14 " isn't available and can't wait 4 months.
re-bought the i5
Mar 26, 2017
375 posts
191 upvotes
I'm thinking of buying the i5 instead of the i7 as only the i5 is in stock.
Besides the difference in gaming is there that much of a difference between the two?
Nov 19, 2020
66 posts
103 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: I'm thinking of buying the i5 instead of the i7 as only the i5 is in stock.
Besides the difference in gaming is there that much of a difference between the two?
I have the Thinkbook 15 gen 2 in the i5 and can run league of legends and counter strike on it no problem. That being said I'm returning it for a smaller device, looking to get a 14 inch and the new Lenovo ideapad 5 pro is looking nice.
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gord18Stirr wrote: I'm thinking of buying the i5 instead of the i7 as only the i5 is in stock.
Specs are the same otherwise. I think the i5 will do you just fine.
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
vivibaby wrote: This is better than AMD version..

There are many people who say 11th gen is much better than 10th gen graphics so I'm sure they are using it for gaming? I don't know. Just thought I bring it up that there is a difference.
These are both 11 gen. Just i5 vs i7 11th gens
Dec 3, 2013
110 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
My gf got this before christmas and she didn't like it.
She was a Macbook Air user.
The sound wasn't great. Her stylus didn't work at all.
She compared the mousepad and said it wasn't as senstitive as the Mac. As for me, it felt pretty normal but I'm not a laptop power user.
As for the performance, it was really good.
At the end, she returned it and reuse her old Mac.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2991 posts
2815 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Anybody here compare the ThinkBook 13s Gen 2 "Evo" (13”, Intel) Laptop with the ThinkBook 14s Yoga 2 in 1 (14", Intel)? Pros and cons of going with one or the other?
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Oct 30, 2020
104 posts
126 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Thanks. I'll return mine then. It's just that I had to spend so much time getting the deal and used my 10% cash back Amex which I'm not going to get back. :/

On the flip side, I'd recommend 4k at 13-14inch to fit more on the screen and less pixel visibility.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)