[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 [US Keyboard is back!] - Ryzen 3700U, 8GB , 512gb 970 EVO, W10 Home, 14" FHD IPS Touch -- $635.xx
- Lenovo Canada
US Keyboard is back!
Best grab them while there's still stock.
Use your Smart Phone Rakuten App to get this deal, see instructions below.
Follow the instruction below this quote (i.e. v2 guidance), but remember to manually enter in 'SNEAKPEAK10' if not already entered, per the below quote.
Good luck.redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Steps to Purchase Lenovo Flex 14 (v2 Guidance)
1) Register Rakuten.ca Account.
2) Open Rakuten App on Phone.
3) Search for and click 'Lenovo SMB Pro'.
4) Click through to Lenovo SMB Pro page.
5) Register a Lenovo SMB Pro account on Lenovo's website.
6) Click the 'verify to confirm' email you receive.
7) Search 'Flex' and hit 'return' or 'enter' in the app browser.
8) Change category from 'All' to 'Products'
9) Scroll down to 'Flex (14, AMD)' [that exact title] and select it.
10) Click 'View Models' on the product page.
11) Scroll to the right until you find 'Flex 14 - Onyx Black' with Part Number '81SS000BUS'.
12) Click 'Add to Cart'
13) Click 'Add to Cart' again on the second page it loads.
14) In the cart, ensure you see the product with Part # '81SS000BUS'
15) In the cart, scroll down and click 'APPLY' under 'Have an e-coupon code?'.
16) Confirm the price drops to $689.99, you may need to click 'APPLY' more than once.
17) Checkout and buy.
ArisingPeace wrote: ↑ Lenovo Flex 14 Mega-Thread
lenovo-flex-14-2-1-620-99-bilingual-key ... e-2322371/
Elrondolio wrote: ↑ Rakuten: Opening a Ticket for Cash Back Resolution
https://www.rakuten.ca/help/contact/whe ... y-cashback
Process is similar as you fill in:
* Store Name
* Date of Purchase
* Order Number
* Purchase Subtotal (pre-tax)
* Order Confirmation
When you pick the date it'll automatically select Rokuten's Tracking Ticket Number that was generated when you opened the purchase tab from Rakuten (not technically required, however). It's best to copy and paste the invoice / receipt in the Order Confirmation field. I've used this process with Rakuten Canada many times without issue (when it wasn't automatically picked up by the browser) and they are very professional and quick with resolution.
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Some facts for folks, as to why you should be buying this unit.
Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1
Ryzen 3700U + Vega 10
14.0" FHD (1920x1080) IPS, glossy, multi-touch [250 to 300 nits]
8Gb RAM [2x4GB, One SODIMM slot, One soldered]
512GB Samsung 970 EVO OEM Version NVMe SSD
Rapid Charging [0% to 80% in 1 Hour]
Windows 10 Home (Pre-Installed) [Upgradable to Pro]
Think about that. You're getting the highest end Ryzen U-Series chip with the solid Vega 10 onboard graphics. You're getting a 2-in-1 with a 10-point multi-touch screen, where Windows 10 supports tablet mode. Also, since when are laptop makers including impressively large 512GB NVMe SSDs at this price point? All that device for only 0.7" of thickness.
Did I mention the upgrade option?
- NVMe SSD is replaceable.
- One SODIMM slot available, ergo, possibilities:
==> 4GB onboard + 16GB SODIMM = 20GB RAM [See Accessories Section]
==> 4GB onboard + 32GB SODIMM = 36GB RAM [See Accessories Section]
The price? ... See below, it's solid.
PARTS & ACCESSORIESredflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Folks, LenovoPRO is still 10% on Rakuten.
All you need to do is sign up as a business.
In Canada, the definition of a business is pretty loose, and sole proprietors operating without an incorporated entity are also considered businesses... calling yourself 'Bill's Landscaping' is good enough in many cases. Lenovo doesn't check or care, except when they suspect you're ordering en-masse for resale... something only a licensed reseller should be able to do.
Use eCoupon: FLEXSAVINGS
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Active Pens for the Lenovo Flex 14
The 2016 active pen is $40-ish.
https://www.amazon.ca/Lenovo-Capacity-T ... 01AZC3HF2/
The 2017 active pen 2 is $80-ish.
https://www.amazon.ca/Lenovo-connectivi ... 0762M2QF7/
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Intel WiFi AC1730 + BT 5.0 card is $35.99 (Prime Shipping):
https://www.amazon.ca/Intel-Wireless-AC ... 079QJQF4Y/
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Lenovo Flex 14 EZGuardz Screen Protector(s)
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1X-EZguardz-LCD ... 2683642689
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2X-EZguardz-Cle ... 2572203848
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/3X-EZguardz-New ... 2683645223
RAM Upgrade Options
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... yle_name=0 [16GB SODIMM]
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2666MHz- ... 07N124XDS/ [32GB SODIMM]
Credit to @sspikey for the 16GB SODIMM selection.
TIPS & TRICKS
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Ryzen Master: Tweak your Ryzen 3700U for More Performance or More Battery Life
Battery Saving Techniques
Set the Windows 10 power profile to battery saver, it will make a noticeable difference, typically.
Elrondolio wrote: ↑ PowerPlanSwitcher (Windows Store users only): Quick and Easy to Switch Plans on the Fly
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/power ... blggh556l3
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Reset PC in Windows 10
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -reinstall
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Steps for Installing Windows 10 Professional
1) Buy Windows 10 Professional license off eBay [see below]
2) Load Windows 10 Media Installation tool and go through the prompts to make a bootable USB.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/softwar ... /windows10
3) Plug in USB and restart computer.
4) Hit any key to start the installation when prompted.
5A) Select the largest SSD partition during installation, choose to format, and select that space again for installation.
5B) You may be forced to format all the partitions for a full drive wipe during installation, before it can proceed.
6) When creating an account, select the 'domain join' option in the bottom left corner, and then create your user account.
6) Follow the prompts until you're in Windows.
7) Run Windows Update.
Bonus: You can identify the components of the Flex 14 and search for particular up-to-date drivers. This isn't absolutely necessary, but consider it for the Vega 10 GPU.
Steps for Buying Windows 10 Professional
1) Search for 'Windows 10 Professional' on eBay.ca.
2) Find sellers with multiple units of that product sold, a seller rating of 98% or higher, recent positive feedback from the listing, and one that's promising 'instant' or nearly instant delivery. Try to check off most of these boxes. **
3) Purchase the license and wait the 5 to 10 minutes to receive the license code by eBay Message and email.
4) Use code during the above installation.
** Worst case: eBay will reimburse you if the seller doesn't deliver. However, you'll most likely receive your license by eBay message and email within minutes. Either way, you're only spending a few dollars.
FYI, while I think Windows 10 installation is dead easy, some folks may be confused. If you have a nephew, son (or daughter, it's 2019), kicked around, you may want to recruit them to help.
redflagdealsguy wrote: ↑ Lenovo Flex 14: BIOS Windows License Workaround
Microsoft is automatically grabbing the Home license from the BIOS.
Here's the fix.
I put the following in my ei.cfg in the sources folder of my Windows 10 bootable USB, because I want to be prompted for software version during each install.
Source: http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads ... on.785144/
Code: Select all
DRIVERSnewell00 wrote: ↑ Physical Sticky Keys Workaround
Also received mine with a wonky spacebar. If you guys want to save yourselves the return, I just popped the keycap off my spacebar and it turns out the left butterfly switch was installed upside down and was a bit sticky. Played with it a bit til it was loose and flipped the switch around and now it works perfectly.