Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo G34w-10 34inch 3440x1440 144Hz Ultrawide Monitor - $455.68

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 6:07 pm
Jan 8, 2015
11 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
chaugh wrote: OK playing around with the monitor a bit more, I found out why I cant get 10bit color with 144Hz. Apparentely there is a DP mode hidden in the OSD menus and the default is DP1.2!

Switching it to DP1.4, Nvidia control panel nows allow me to choose 144Hz, native res, 10 bit depth and RGB Full dynamic range.
Did switching from 8bit to 10bit impact colors a in a significant way? Just asking because my GPU only supports DP1.2
May 20, 2020
20 posts
6 upvotes
plojo88 wrote: They're sending a replacement.
which number did you call? I tried the 8552536686 customer service number and they told me to call a 877 number which is their hardware support team. Then tried the 877 number and they told me to call the 855 number. Terrible customer service.
Feb 20, 2018
62 posts
64 upvotes
Melonlynx wrote: which number did you call? I tried the 8552536686 customer service number and they told me to call a 877 number which is their hardware support team. Then tried the 877 number and they told me to call the 855 number. Terrible customer service.
First log a case by calling: 1-877-453-6686 options 1, 2

Then call 1-855-253-6686 (options 1, 4) and give them the case number and request for replacement.

Colleague and I followed this process today and it seems to have worked so far. Waiting for instructions on how to ship this back etc.
Jan 19, 2008
857 posts
266 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Anyone have a problem where the screen flickers when changing to DP 1.4? Is this a cable issue?
Apr 14, 2007
235 posts
160 upvotes
psycho3 wrote: They are sending replacement! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Are they shipping you one while the other gets returned? Or do you have to ship first?
I have a bad cluster of dead pixels.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2010
729 posts
389 upvotes
MastafaA wrote: Did switching from 8bit to 10bit impact colors a in a significant way? Just asking because my GPU only supports DP1.2
To be honest I didn't really. But might as well if my hardware supports it.

By the way, playing around with the settings even more, there is MPRT setting that is basically ULMB. Enabling this gives the 1ms response time that the panel advertises. It drastically reduced smearing in games.
The downside of that is you cannot have both freesync and MPRT enabled at the same time. I chose MPRT because at a high refresh rate, variable refresh rate isnt as important and honest I've never notice any tearing in games anyway.
Aug 18, 2014
33 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary, AB
anandoc wrote: First log a case by calling: 1-877-453-6686 options 1, 2

Then call 1-855-253-6686 (options 1, 4) and give them the case number and request for replacement.

Colleague and I followed this process today and it seems to have worked so far. Waiting for instructions on how to ship this back etc.
Did you get anything via email confirming a replacement was being sent? I got a case # but no email.

For the other member that asked if they wanted the defective monitor shipped back right away, I was told I could keep using it until the replacement arrived before sending it back.
Feb 20, 2018
62 posts
64 upvotes
boosty90 wrote: Did you get anything via email confirming a replacement was being sent? I got a case # but no email.

For the other member that asked if they wanted the defective monitor shipped back right away, I was told I could keep using it until the replacement arrived before sending it back.
Not yet but I was informed that they would contact me within the next 24-48 hours with further instructions on how this would work. The rep did say that I would have the option to return the defective monitor within 30 days after receiving the replacement. For now I just have a case number and a reference number for the replacement request (from the second phone call). We'll see.
Nov 21, 2003
139 posts
26 upvotes
Surrey
Endracion wrote: Are they shipping you one while the other gets returned? Or do you have to ship first?
I have a bad cluster of dead pixels.
They are sending replacement first.
I will ship mine back when I receive the replacement.
Dec 31, 2005
269 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Received mine today. No dead pixels (woohooo!), DP1.4 using a Cablematters dp cable and no flicker. Stuck at 6bit color depth on a RX 580 so I guess I'll try to see if I can get any higher.

Also no Rakuten rebate...where's Brittany at??
Jul 19, 2019
11 posts
3 upvotes
fullyreclined wrote: Received mine today. No dead pixels (woohooo!), DP1.4 using a Cablematters dp cable and no flicker. Stuck at 6bit color depth on a RX 580 so I guess I'll try to see if I can get any higher.

Also no Rakuten rebate...where's Brittany at??
That's odd I have the exact same cable and video card. The only time I was stuck at 6 bit color depth was when I wasn't on DP 1.4 in the monitor settings. If it's still not working for you there's been reports of fake cablematters cables in the Amazon reviews. Maybe you got one of those.,