Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo G34w-10 34inch 3440x1440 144Hz Ultrawide Monitor - $455.68

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 6:07 pm
Dec 31, 2005
269 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Skepar wrote: Thanks, tried that option too, unfortunately I have Recovery PIN lock from my company and cant access it...
Were you able to change color bit depth, etc. with the generic display driver installed? I never bothered to actually check to see if the Lenovo .inf driver was needed for this setting.
Apr 14, 2007
235 posts
160 upvotes
outsydah wrote: Received my monitor yesterday.

First impressions
- I've never owned an ultra wide monitor before so the screen real estate took some time getting used to. I'd have to rotate my head to see the entire screen. After a day of use I could say it would be difficult to go back to traditional 'regular' sized monitors. I run quite a few apps simultaneously so having to be able to have at 2-4 windows without compromising the window size all that much adds tremendous workflow and multitasking for me.
- I don't really do too much gaming and it isn't the main use of the monitor. Looks look great to me, but this being my first VA panel I did notice the corners a bit 'darker' until i would need to shift my view. I thought about upgrading to an IPS panel but for ~$200 isn't that worth it imo. The deal on this monitor is a great price.
- Defects, there's one dead pixel that I noticed in the top right corner of my monitor. As mentioned earlier, my replacement monitor currently in progress so I'll swap with the new one and ship the old monitor back to Lenovo.
If you get discoloration/darkness on the sides, you're probably too close. The curve is pretty aggressive, so you'll notice this a lot more.
I'm about a 80-90cm away from the screen and it's almost uniform.
Nov 6, 2011
139 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
anyone know why I can't see a 4K option in the netflix app? does this monitor support hdcp?
May 20, 2020
20 posts
6 upvotes
deewhy wrote: anyone know why I can't see a 4K option in the netflix app? does this monitor support hdcp?
Because it's not a 4k monitor?
Jul 29, 2011
252 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone get their package stuck in "Clearance in Progress" from UPS? How long does that usually take?
[OP]
Dec 12, 2010
733 posts
399 upvotes
Does anyone have a weird issue with the brightness where the number set doesn't seem consistent with the actual brightness?

Here's my example:
I set it to 75, perfect.
Sometime later (after a restart or something), it's too bright for me. I bump it to 74.. As soon as I do so, the panel gets a lot dimmer (not 1 number dimmer).
If I bump it back up to 75, and now the brightness is good again. It's like changing it resets it to the setting-actual brightness relationship.

weird..
Nov 6, 2011
139 posts
19 upvotes
Montreal
Melonlynx wrote: Because it's not a 4k monitor?
If possible I'd prefer to have a 4k video downscaled to 3440x1440 rather than a HD video upscaled to 3440x1440. Anyways I think my CPU is the issue, netflix requires kaby lake or newer, and my CPU is skylake.
Jul 15, 2015
40 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
fullyreclined wrote: Were you able to change color bit depth, etc. with the generic display driver installed? I never bothered to actually check to see if the Lenovo .inf driver was needed for this setting.
Color is 8 bit and it was like that by default the only reason i am looking to install the driver is to see if it will give me an option to select 144hz for the refresh rate. I am stuck at 100Hz!
May 20, 2020
20 posts
6 upvotes
Skepar wrote: Color is 8 bit and it was like that by default the only reason i am looking to install the driver is to see if it will give me an option to select 144hz for the refresh rate. I am stuck at 100Hz!
Most likely it's a cable issue. The cable comes with the monitor is crappy. I'm using the DP cable came with my old HP monitor. Got 144hz and 10 bit color with no problem
Dec 1, 2016
85 posts
41 upvotes
chaugh wrote: OK playing around with the monitor a bit more, I found out why I cant get 10bit color with 144Hz. Apparentely there is a DP mode hidden in the OSD menus and the default is DP1.2!

Switching it to DP1.4, Nvidia control panel nows allow me to choose 144Hz, native res, 10 bit depth and RGB Full dynamic range.
Just tested the monitor after switching to 10bit using these settings. Still getting banding on 10bit test images
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6711 ... gradients/

Using the DP cable that came with the monitor, output from a GTX 1080, monitor set to DP 1.4, Had to go into "use NVIDIA color settings" instead of default color settings to get 10bit, using driver from the lenovo website, and with both default and tweaked monitor colour settings.

Anyone else test this out?

edit:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-disp ... terns.html
these test vids look better but still a bit of banding. Probably just due to the monitor not being a perfectly graphics display!
Jul 15, 2015
40 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Melonlynx wrote: Most likely it's a cable issue. The cable comes with the monitor is crappy. I'm using the DP cable came with my old HP monitor. Got 144hz and 10 bit color with no problem
I did also update to a new DP cable that is certified 1.4 as well as OSD setting for DP to 1.4 but still not getting 144 Hz. I suspect that my business laptop that I am using (having Intel HD 620 graphics) is the problem I am not getting 144Hz.
Nov 21, 2009
802 posts
216 upvotes
Calgary
Skepar wrote: I did also update to a new DP cable that is certified 1.4 as well as OSD setting for DP to 1.4 but still not getting 144 Hz. I suspect that my business laptop that I am using (having Intel HD 620 graphics) is the problem I am not getting 144Hz.
Likely that your dp output spec is 1.2?
Jul 15, 2015
40 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Has anyone tried to register their Monitor on Lenovo account site using the Serial Number?

I tried and failed, their site does not recognize the SN on the back sticker of the monitor.

I tried to register the monitor in cases of warranty which is 3 years.
Dec 1, 2016
85 posts
41 upvotes
Replying to my last comment:
I doubt this monitor actually supports 10bit colour depth. Even on the monitor specs page it's listed as having 16.07 million colours, which is 8 bit. Switching back and forth between each setting I don't see a difference.