Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo G34w-10 34inch 3440x1440 144Hz Ultrawide Monitor - $455.68

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2020 6:07 pm
Newbie
Feb 20, 2018
62 posts
65 upvotes
Skepar wrote: Has anyone tried to register their Monitor on Lenovo account site using the Serial Number?

I tried and failed, their site does not recognize the SN on the back sticker of the monitor.

I tried to register the monitor in cases of warranty which is 3 years.
You need to put in only the last 8 digits/letters.
Newbie
Dec 23, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
I called the lenovo support this morning for dead pixels. They kept my information and said a technician will call me back. Did anyone have the same experience?
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 12, 2010
733 posts
397 upvotes
Jawkuz wrote: Replying to my last comment:
I doubt this monitor actually supports 10bit colour depth. Even on the monitor specs page it's listed as having 16.07 million colours, which is 8 bit. Switching back and forth between each setting I don't see a difference.
I did the avsforum test mp4 and I do see banding (noticeable when close to the monitor). I suspect you are right, if this was 10bit, it will be the first 2 words of the title of the product page.

Did anyone do comparisons between RGB and RCBCR 4:4:4? I googled a couple of articles and it seems differences are negligible?
Newbie
Jul 15, 2015
40 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
anandoc wrote: You need to put in only the last 8 digits/letters.
Thanks a ton! worked perfectly.

Have you noticed that on their website the warranty for this monitor is 1 Year, but in the Lenovo Limited Warranty document that came with the monitor is:

3 Year for Canada and the Type of the warranty is 2,3,5

where

2- On site Service
3- Courier or Depot Service
5- Product Exchange Service
Newbie
Feb 20, 2018
62 posts
65 upvotes
Skepar wrote: Thanks a ton! worked perfectly.

Have you noticed that on their website the warranty for this monitor is 1 Year, but in the Lenovo Limited Warranty document that came with the monitor is:

3 Year for Canada and the Type of the warranty is 2,3,5

where

2- On site Service
3- Courier or Depot Service
5- Product Exchange Service
Great catch! I did not even bother looking at the included booklet (who does these days?). So we get option 2, 3, or 5 for 3 years as opposed to 1 year? Hmm...I wonder how we can fix that. After product registration, I only see 1 year warranty.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 6, 2007
1412 posts
236 upvotes
DISCOVER20 has expired, is there a new code?
Also, how noticable is PQ between this VA panel and IPS monitor's like Dell Ultrasharp, if anybody has both?
Member
Dec 31, 2005
269 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Lexi wrote: how noticable is PQ between this VA panel and IPS monitor's like Dell Ultrasharp, if anybody has both?
I have a 24" HP LP2475w IPS monitor for photography and it seems to have much deeper blacks and finer gradation. I calibrated both monitor using a X-rite colormunki colorimeter so they're both fairly close in colour, brightness, etc. Personally I wouldn't use the Lenovo for any critical imaging work if that's what you're after.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Dec 12, 2010
733 posts
397 upvotes
fullyreclined wrote: I have a 24" HP LP2475w IPS monitor for photography and it seems to have much deeper blacks and finer gradation. I calibrated both monitor using a X-rite colormunki colorimeter so they're both fairly close in colour, brightness, etc. Personally I wouldn't use the Lenovo for any critical imaging work if that's what you're after.
Could you post your calibration settings? Also very curious what the color gamut and contrast is on your g34w.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3128 posts
1140 upvotes
Vancouver
chaugh wrote: I did the avsforum test mp4 and I do see banding (noticeable when close to the monitor). I suspect you are right, if this was 10bit, it will be the first 2 words of the title of the product page.

Did anyone do comparisons between RGB and RCBCR 4:4:4? I googled a couple of articles and it seems differences are negligible?
Could you link to the avsforum test please? Will this help in identifying dead pixels as well? Not sure what to use to test the monitor when I open it this weekend. TIA
Member
Dec 31, 2005
269 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
chaugh wrote: Could you post your calibration settings? Also very curious what the color gamut and contrast is on your g34w.
Here's the ICC profile I generated you all can try: https://ufile.io/b38c371o

In OSD my brightness is set to 56 & contrast 100... that's all. Overdrive set extreme & DP is at 1.4 but not sure if that matters.

Instructions on how to install the profile: https://www.displayninja.com/how-to-ins ... indows-10/
I suppose these instructions assume you're running a single monitor set up, I can't vouch if this works for more than 1 monitor.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 3, 2012
1743 posts
428 upvotes
TORONTO
zakregent wrote: Mine is brutal. On second thought it looks like something is under the matte protector...

Image

https://imgur.com/a/LTUCNCs
Got my replacement and now have a few dead pixels on the opposite side of the screen haha

You get what you pay for Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Member
Nov 20, 2015
354 posts
106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I have a dead pixel on the center lower part of the monitor and one near the centre on the top of the monitor. These pixels are pretty small so I am considering keeping it. Maybe calling in to see if they will credit me for not having to return it like Dell does.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 19, 2008
858 posts
266 upvotes
Pierrefonds
Did anyone manage to update the drivers? I get a signature error.
***************************
Member
Apr 14, 2007
235 posts
160 upvotes
For the driver, you have to reboot your PC without digital signature checks: https://www.urtech.ca/2016/01/solved-th ... formation/

For those interested, I calibrated my monitor with a Datacolor Spyder 4 Pro; here's the file: http://depositfiles.com/files/n9yjqex5i

Brightness was at 50, Contrast 80, Saturation 65, sRGB preset.

I only put Brightness at 50 for the calibration, I personally run it darker.
It takes into account the proper 2.2 Gamma and 6500K.

Top