Shopping Discussion

Locked: Lenovo Laptop Y410p 14" i7-4700MQ GT755M - $279 - PART 1

Banned
Mar 16, 2009
4857 posts
2030 upvotes

Over 800 people have already signed a Change.org petition demanding @Lenovo @Lenovo_Canada honour their advertised prices. Add your name and share on social media.

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/l ... ur-website

#LenovoSucks -- On Both Twitter & Facebook. BE HEARD.
<<< Did you find my post helpful? Click the THANKS button.

BOYCOTT Lenovo products || Read about #LenovoGate! Tweet #LenovoSUCKS @Lenovo & @Lenovo_Canada, Post @ facebook.com/lenovo
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2959 posts
1373 upvotes
Markham
Yeah right, tomorrow the Y410p got an extra $200 discount and people will be all over it anyway, we consumers try to get the best stuff at the best price, we ARE greedy, there's not much loyalty for any brand. So it makes sense that they simply just don't care.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1500 upvotes
Montreal
Spoke with a rep. He was very nice.

Apparently, some orders *may* get fulfilled. He said the issue was not the pricing but how many went through. We should know more tuesday hopefully.

I still recommend you all call in and leave feedback with the survey.

Most questions are with the rep. Do not give the rep a bad score unless they deserve it. There is about 5 questions and at the end you can leave a voice note with feedback.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1969 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
ok.. well 2 of my orders are cancelled and 2 are RTM but they charged all 4 to my cc..
Dec 15, 2007
249 posts
27 upvotes
Added my voice on FB!!

#lenovosucks #lenovo This will cause a massive hit in terms of your PR rating. Don't under estimate the power of social media. Have you guys heard the saying "people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Your marketing team work so hard to boost up your PR ratings and create loyal or return customers but with this incident its from okay to topnotch negative... twitter data wouldn't lie nor facebook and its still growing.

More so please include peoples name in the cancellation email as a sign of respect and make sure the confirmation number match up!

Will people trust you guys after this? Good luck!!! Unless you do something! It's never to late!!!
Jan 21, 2013
586 posts
579 upvotes
Ordered 3:

#1: got cancellation email (with correct order ID), status: Released to Manufacturing
#2: got cancellation email (with wrong order ID), status: Released to Manufacturing
#3: got cancellation email (with wrong order ID), status: Cancelled
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1281 posts
1226 upvotes
sexyj wrote: i love how these people are saying no more lenovo but lo and behold they will be ordering a lenovo again when they have a good sale on
LOL, exactly. They have no loyalty and go for the cheapest price. Lenovo knows this, that's why they aren't bothering.
Dec 25, 2012
262 posts
55 upvotes
TORONTO
sherlockmandango wrote: Had a call with a Lenovo CSR. He was friendly and understanding. He mentioned that they were spending the next few days reviewing the orders, but that the pricing error created a demand that they simply couldn't reasonably fulfill. He also said that "in some provinces, they're a law that says they have to honour the price". Odd. He told me to expect an email by Tuesday. It was a pretty pleasant experience, though I'm not holding my breath that I'll be getting the laptop at the price promised.

Got the exact same message. Seems like if they decided to honor them itll be to those that managed to get their orders done on the 22nd, likely limiting to 1 each and quebec orders being fulfilled. I suspect any bulk orders will simply be wiped clean regardless of when you ordered.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1281 posts
1226 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: start a class action law suit? :p
But but but that would give lawyer fees... I doubt this crowd would part with a penny... lulz.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1281 posts
1226 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote: Spoke with a rep. He was very nice.

Apparently, some orders *may* get fulfilled. He said the issue was not the pricing but how many went through. We should know more tuesday hopefully.

I still recommend you all call in and leave feedback with the survey.

Most questions are with the rep. Do not give the rep a bad score unless they deserve it. There is about 5 questions and at the end you can leave a voice note with feedback.
Sadly, most will punish the rep for something far far beyond their control. Too bad.
Feb 8, 2009
622 posts
51 upvotes
sherlockmandango wrote: Had a call with a Lenovo CSR. He was friendly and understanding. He mentioned that they were spending the next few days reviewing the orders, but that the pricing error created a demand that they simply couldn't reasonably fulfill. He also said that "in some provinces, they're a law that says they have to honour the price". Odd. He told me to expect an email by Tuesday. It was a pretty pleasant experience, though I'm not holding my breath that I'll be getting the laptop at the price promised.
So does this mean they will honour all orders from Quebec?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1660 posts
724 upvotes
Well I am from Quebec and got the cancellation email, but my order status is still in "Released to Manufacturing" so I got no idea what's happening.
Aug 23, 2011
29 posts
25 upvotes
laststar wrote: Well I am from Quebec and got the cancellation email, but my order status is still in "Released to Manufacturing" so I got no idea what's happening.
Yup, same here. I was planning on filling a complaint but I'll wait till Monday to see what happens...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7650 posts
1133 upvotes
GTA
I noticed several people have mentioned they have been charged an extra dollar. It is just an authorization used to verify your credit card is active. The actual charge for $1 will not be put through as an actual charge.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
May 4, 2014
245 posts
339 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
I would not hold my breath with the realsed to manfacturing notice. They prob have thousands and thousands of orders to fix.
Feb 8, 2009
622 posts
51 upvotes
laststar wrote: Well I am from Quebec and got the cancellation email, but my order status is still in "Released to Manufacturing" so I got no idea what's happening.
Yes, me too. I suppose I could call back and inquire about my order, since afterall, Quebec does have a law that requires them to honour their transactions.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2793 posts
1255 upvotes
QC, Canada
Guys, they will NOT ship any orders
the "we will ship some orders" is just to calm down people. In the end they probably will just ship 5 or 6 orders then said they rant out of stock or any others excuses
You can be sure at 100% that there is no hope for anyone to receive it if you dont do anything

Edit:
Just a head up guys. Everytime I saw a price error on RFD, I received it even if all the other province could not get it because of the law here.
Aug 29, 2007
858 posts
61 upvotes
manteiv wrote: Residents of Quebec have good chance of winnining because the law in Quebec about this matter is very clear ans had many precedences (Delta airline pricing error, the Brick, etc.) basically once the merchant sends you a confirmation, it ia a contract and the law sits above any small print disclaimer they migt have in their terms and conditions
Where do you file the complaint? Do you have to call them...?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)