Shopping Discussion

Locked: Lenovo Laptop Y410p 14" i7-4700MQ GT755M - $279 - PART 1

Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
2019 posts
3071 upvotes
Mississauga
uselessspending wrote: Best solution for lenovo at thispoint is to honour just the orders frompeople with actual perksa account. Sucks for most but would keep cost down and save face.
you were able to order the laptop by going through the regular lenovo site. didn't even have to use the perks link to get it for $279.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Shaner wrote: That's pretty bad if Lenovo is actually deleting accounts of people that ordered one of these. There's really no excuse or justification for that
they're in damage control and this is the digital equivalent of shredding documents.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: they're in damage control and this is the digital equivalent of shredding documents.
Has it been confirmed by more than one person that this is actually happening? They can't erase everything so I'm shocked they're even trying.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
dgr81 wrote: you were able to order the laptop by going through the regular lenovo site. didn't even have to use the perks link to get it for $279.
Really, I did not see that. All links I found were workperks or perkopolis. I tried regular site and it was not 279.
Jan 28, 2010
899 posts
287 upvotes
Can anyone get into "My Account" on their website?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
1174 posts
170 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Has it been confirmed by more than one person that this is actually happening? They can't erase everything so I'm shocked they're even trying.
No, they are not. I was having issues prior to this with logging into my corporate account with Lenovo, it seems like it is a pre-existing issue.
Dec 4, 2006
354 posts
364 upvotes
St Catharines
So, how long until I get my money back? I called Friday and they said 48 hours, but I guess that is only business days?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Shaner wrote: Has it been confirmed by more than one person that this is actually happening? They can't erase everything so I'm shocked they're even trying.
yes, it's all through the thread and has been confirmed by multiple people on here and on fb/twitter. many, many, many people who ordered this laptop can no longer access their accounts.
Mar 9, 2011
230 posts
117 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rsxmachine wrote: Really, I did not see that. All links I found were workperks or perkopolis. I tried regular site and it was not 279.
I thought there was a "Doorbuster" Advertising Panel/Banner on the main site, and people were able to access the deal through there.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2014
2170 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
JackWhyte wrote: they're in damage control and this is the digital equivalent of shredding documents.
Although I did not get into this fiasco, I feel angry for people who did and these tactics are just adding more gas to fire. I will never buy from lenovo.
Oh sada kehra bapu karda black nee, Jehra tere shahir (Toronto), Le lawan flat nee
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
rsxmachine wrote: Really, I did not see that. All links I found were workperks or perkopolis. I tried regular site and it was not 279.
You tried too late.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2049 posts
389 upvotes
Ontario
I can't seem to log into my account, even after resetting the password. Seems they've deleted it, or at least blocked off access completely. Order status is still released to manufacturing
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
UberN00b wrote: No, they are not. I was having issues prior to this with logging into my corporate account with Lenovo, it seems like it is a pre-existing issue.
so lenovo just shut down their entire 'my account' system?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
Jabb wrote: I can't seem to log into my account, even after resetting the password. Seems they've deleted it, or at least blocked off access completely.
anyone call to see what lenovo is up to?
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
psych13 wrote: Can anyone get into "My Account" on their website?
Yes. Well... after I used the "reset my password" link and changing my password it finally let me in.
Dec 11, 2012
149 posts
37 upvotes
BARRIE
I will send my messenger Pigeon "Frank"....
Jan 28, 2010
899 posts
287 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: anyone call to see what lenovo is up to?
I asked them via twitter.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
1174 posts
170 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: so lenovo just shut down their entire 'my account' system?
Not sure about everyone else, but I could not log into my account after I ordered my T440s a few weeks ago as well (still can't after multiple password resets)... not a big deal though, because you can view the order status of your order by clicking on the email they provided.

Deleting your account doesn't really do much, you still have your receipt and order details right?
Jan 11, 2013
12 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
JF Deschamps ‏@DeschampsJF
[QUOTE]@Lenovo_Canada @shahram0
its been 72+ hours since the situation happened, we would like and update if possible, thanks[/QUOTE]

Their reply:
[QUOTE]@DeschampsJF We are continuing to review the situation. We will update through @Lenovo_Canada or email as promptly as possible.[/QUOTE]
Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
JackWhyte wrote: so lenovo just shut down their entire 'my account' system?
Don't think so. I can log in just fine once I reset my password.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)