Shopping Discussion

Locked: Lenovo Laptop Y410p 14" i7-4700MQ GT755M - $279 - PART 1

Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
rimi wrote: Why does Lenovo keep making these price errors over and over again?
Why do you keep attempting to purchase even when you already know it's a pricing error?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Blackstockc wrote: IT SAID DOORCRASHER, 80% off, I did not know it was too good to be true, not at all my good sir!
Anybody in their right mind would know. There are no excuses whatsoever. It's the greed instinct of consumers like on an American Black Friday sale. I feel bad for the rest of the RFDers who actually spent their precious time posting legit deals on here. I think the reputation of the RFD community has been tarnished by these people who have been posting up ridiculous price error deals expecting the companies to honor them just like that. Selfishness and impulse buying comes to mind.
Jun 10, 2014
100 posts
21 upvotes
West Vancouver, BC
I guess it's not entirely obvious for many users, when the price of an entire laptop with a dedicated GPU is cheaper than just the processor alone, something must be amiss.
Aug 29, 2007
859 posts
61 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: End result, you guys knew this deal was too good to be true to begin with. By providing your credit card information in the hopes of getting this too good to be true deal, this is what happens. LOL
To begin with, I thought this was a legit deal because it said "DOORBUSTER", in a different colour, in CAPS, and possibly a a bigger font. But I am not completely sure if the font was bigger, or did it seem bigger because of the CAPS.
Jan 28, 2010
891 posts
280 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: Anybody in their right mind would know. There are no excuses whatsoever. It's the greed instinct of consumers like on an American Black Friday sale.
This makes no sense.
Banned
Jun 9, 2014
163 posts
43 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: Why do you keep attempting to purchase even when you already know it's a pricing error?
because he hopes the pricing error will not apply to him.
Jul 11, 2003
247 posts
2 upvotes
From Quebec. Both my orders (one for the 410 and one for the 510) were cancelled. Anyone else in Quebec has the same status?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7178 posts
3518 upvotes
Montreal
How long does the temp. hold usually last on CC?
Oct 19, 2005
865 posts
225 upvotes
Brampton
KyleB536 wrote: no i understand, its not a big deal you are probably one of the first, no problem with that lol plus being put on spot about it, just i dont want people reading the thread who go all crazy calling in repeating what you said now lol.

better to state you got there through a lenovo site link, or just went to the lenovo site from a friend, its not like regular users check the /worksperks/ in the url or see the tiny bit of "worksperks" text placed in a random spot.
And I was able to check out as guest
Aug 29, 2007
859 posts
61 upvotes
eeee wrote: From Quebec. Both my orders (one for the 410 and one for the 510) were cancelled. Anyone else in Quebec has the same status?
Yes, for my 510 only.
Dec 11, 2012
149 posts
37 upvotes
BARRIE
Lucian99 wrote: Anybody in their right mind would know. There are no excuses whatsoever. It's the greed instinct of consumers like on an American Black Friday sale.
No you dont know, You may assume but until they announced (4 days later) you cant know for sure.

I'm still really confused why you are even here, all of you that are writing to argue against us?

your points has been argued, we get it move on now and let us try and do whats right for the consumer.
Banned
Jun 9, 2014
163 posts
43 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: How long does the temp. hold usually last on CC?
up to 1 week
Aug 5, 2008
488 posts
170 upvotes
Quebec
eeee wrote: From Quebec. Both my orders (one for the 410 and one for the 510) were cancelled. Anyone else in Quebec has the same status?
I received a cancellation email but my order still have a RTM status.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
psych13 wrote: This makes no sense.
It makes plenty of sense. Buy, buy, buy. Who cares about the price even if it's a pricing error.
Banned
Jun 9, 2014
163 posts
43 upvotes
psych13 wrote: This makes no sense.
It makes no sense why people are buying something that's a price error, more likely than not
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2872 posts
635 upvotes
LONDON
Does GlobalTV having streaming options? What time is the news on at, 6PM?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Blackstockc wrote: No you dont know, You may assume but until they announced (4 days later) you cant know for sure.

I'm still really confused why you are even here, all of you that are writing to argue against us?

your points has been argued, we get it move on now and let us try and do whats right for the consumer.
Still hoping? Highly doubtful they would honor this deal. Compensation at most would be a coupon that you could apply. You don't want to know how much money they would lose on top of how many jobs they might have to cut because of this.
Jan 28, 2010
891 posts
280 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: It makes plenty of sense. Buy, buy, buy. Who cares about the price even if it's a pricing error.
I get emails from Lenovo all the time saying upto $450 off, and stuff like that all the time..... so a Doorcrasher coupon for $600 off to me makes sense....

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/BlUFHof.jpg[/IMG]
Banned
Jun 9, 2014
163 posts
43 upvotes
Blackstockc wrote: No you dont know, You may assume but until they announced (4 days later) you cant know for sure.
A laptop of that spec selling for <$300?

yeah, we know...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)