Shopping Discussion

Locked: Lenovo Laptop Y410p 14" i7-4700MQ GT755M - $279 - PART 1

Mar 17, 2005
604 posts
339 upvotes
Oshawa
Did anyone share the screen prints with the media outlets?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Lucian99 wrote: Come on, it's so easy to do the research. Is it their first time hearing about the Google search engine? It takes a few seconds to look at the specs and figure out what is what.
Go tell that to the average consumer.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Again, if these people are so incompetent why do they deserve to keep their jobs? Did you get fired for screwing up? Is that why you care so much?
Nope I didn't but these things do happen on a daily basis. As a consumer as well, I'm not the type to take advantage of pricing errors. I only take advantage of the hot deals offered on here like that NE $109.99 Intel 530 180 GB SSD. Yummy!
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Go tell that to the average consumer.
I do all the time. I even teach them which sites to go to.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
26374 posts
5358 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: Come on, it's so easy to do the research. Is it their first time hearing about the Google search engine? It takes a few seconds to look up the specs and figure out what is what.
I don't care what is what. I use my laptop for email and browsing the web, that's it. To me, specs don't matter, price does. Besides, there's many people out there that don't understand even basic computer technology, they're never going to understand or appreciate the value of specific specs.
Dec 18, 2008
386 posts
180 upvotes
MikeMC12 wrote: Does GlobalTV having streaming options? What time is the news on at, 6PM?
i don't believe there's a streaming option but there's recap videos on their website.
the news is on at 5:30pm. Consumer SOS segment is usually on at around 5:45-6pm
Dec 11, 2012
149 posts
37 upvotes
BARRIE
Lucian99 wrote: I do all the time. I even teach them which sites to go to.
lol i bet you do ..
Nov 14, 2013
137 posts
238 upvotes
Winnipeg
Just want to point out that we've made it 263 pages into an argument without invoking Godwin's Law.
Nov 20, 2011
116 posts
27 upvotes
NEPEAN
mhyquel wrote: just want to point out that we've made it 263 pages into an argument without invoking godwin's law.
roflmfao
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7651 posts
1133 upvotes
GTA
MikeMC12 wrote: Does GlobalTV having streaming options? What time is the news on at, 6PM?
rimi wrote: +1 would like to know also
You can stream Global live but only if you are a customer of one one of certain cable providers

http://www.globaltv.com/watchlive/

However, they usually post the newscast/consumer SOS online after it airs.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
Blackstockc wrote: lol i bet you do ..
I do...so many awesome sites too. Just wish I was able to read in multiple languages.
Jan 17, 2009
132 posts
53 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Not everyone knows specs other than hard drive space and ram. I got a Lenovo laptop for around $250 2 years ago so if I came across this deal, I wouldn't have known it was a price error. I've lost track of computer specs. I don't know what's good and what isn't anymore.

Stop assuming and labeling everyone
Also retail price means nothing. I have first hand experience of items being manufactured in China and labour is cheap and markup from the retailer is high.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Lucian99 wrote: I do all the time. I even teach them which sites to go to.
As they say, Cool story, bro!
Dec 18, 2008
386 posts
180 upvotes
Shaner wrote: I don't care what is what. I use my laptop for email and browsing the web, that's it. To me, specs don't matter, price does. Besides, there's many people out there that don't understand even basic computer technology, they're never going to understand or appreciate the value of specific specs.
+1
Same goes with many purchases an average consumer makes. Cars, Tvs...price is and will be the major if not the only factor when one is considering a purchase. I doubt everyone wants to do an in depth analysis and research before every buy
Jan 28, 2010
890 posts
280 upvotes
Even an i3 at $279 would have gotten a good amount of sales.
Nov 12, 2011
327 posts
241 upvotes
bonbon321 wrote: +1
Same goes with many purchases an average consumer makes. Cars, Tvs...price is and will be the major if not the only factor when one is considering a purchase. I doubt everyone wants to do an in depth analysis and research before every buy
Especially ESPECIALLY when the deal aptly named DOORCRASHER. Any moment of hesitation mean you could missed out on the deal.

I have missed several good deals before because of this, as soon as I finished my research the item is no longer available.
Mar 3, 2014
51 posts
5 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Do you guys really want to bankrupt Lenovo??
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2013
1150 posts
631 upvotes
psych13 wrote: Even an i3 at $279 would have gotten a good amount of sales.
Perhaps Lenovo could compromise and offer the i3s at that price?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14440 posts
4413 upvotes
VANCOUVER
hydronaut wrote: Also retail price means nothing. I have first hand experience of items being manufactured in China and labour is cheap and markup from the retailer is high.
+1. Has anyone checked out Invicta's MSRP on amazon? They must be all price errors, because Invicta watches are commonly advertised at 75 - 90% off!
Jan 28, 2010
890 posts
280 upvotes
Lucian99 wrote: Perhaps Lenovo could compromise and offer the i3s at that price?
I might bite, but It would really then be a bait and switch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)