Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Legion Tower 5 Desktop, Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB - $1160

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2005
3763 posts
1042 upvotes
Toronto

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Legion Tower 5 Desktop, Ryzen 5 3600, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB - $1160

Decent Price for a Pre-built that doesn't look half bad.

Item specifics
Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Brand: Lenovo
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Type: Desktop
MPN: 90RB0003US Most Suitable For: Serious Gaming
SSD Capacity: 256 GB Form Factor: Tower
Graphics Processing Type: Dedicated Graphics Series: Legion
Color: Black Operating System: Windows 10
Custom Bundle: No RAM Size: 8 GB
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year Storage Type: HDD + SSD
Item Height: 15.57 Hard Drive Capacity: 1.3 TB
Item Width: 8.07 Processor Speed: 3.60 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz Max Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 32 MB Ca
Customs/Duties: No customs or duties for this item – free shipping Screen Size: Monitor Not Included
UPC: 195235294758
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
33 replies
Newbie
Sep 4, 2015
49 posts
56 upvotes
Madden, AB
Could I change the graphics card in it? Sorry I don't know much about desktops.
Member
Dec 2, 2014
455 posts
181 upvotes
London, ON
mudpickle wrote: Could I change the graphics card in it? Sorry I don't know much about desktops.
If you could find a graphics card. The market is broken right now.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
1689 posts
21 upvotes
The card by itself is going for like $500-$700 on the secondary market. If you wanted a gaming machine RIGHT NOW this wouldn't be half bad
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2005
3763 posts
1042 upvotes
Toronto
If you were to build a PC with same specs and similar aesthetics, the price is about the same:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($264.50 @ shopRBC)
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake UX200 ARGB 43.34 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Canada Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 CL16 Memory ($59.99 @ Canada Computers)
Storage: Silicon Power 256 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($46.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.99 @ Canada Computers)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($449.99*) *When available
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($49.75 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Corsair CV 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Canada Computers)
Case Fan: Deepcool RF 120 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($49.99 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1144.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-12 09:38 EDT-0400
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
975 posts
855 upvotes
Quebec
Good deal in the current market.
Ryzen 5-3600 may be 2 years old but it remains a solid mid-range gaming CPU
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1187 posts
1463 upvotes
The Dell G5 Desktop is also going for $899 with the 1650S 4GB GPU. You can upgrade the memory and SSD yourself. Something to consider? A few things about the Dell:

- Proprietary PSU
- Chassis is small and only has two bays for additional drives on top of the M2 slot
- Motherboard is the B460 chipset (I'm pretty sure)
- GPU takes up the entire motherboard so not really room to put anything else
- The side panel is plastic if you choose to go with that option
- The mobo is green so doesn't really look good with the RBG
- The RBG is powered by two LED strips inside

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... 00_sb_s66e

Edit: Here are the GPU options:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ 4GB GDDR6 Included in price
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $150.00
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $250.00
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $450.00
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $950.00
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $1,250.00
AMD Radeon RX 5600 with 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $300.00
AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $350.00
AMD® Radeon™ RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $600.00

Edit #2: I don't work for Dell, but have one for my son, and was shopping for another one to see if I could get a GPU for cheap by buying a pre-built PC. :-)
Sr. Member
Dec 26, 2012
975 posts
855 upvotes
Quebec
The Dell is interesting because you can get a GTX 1660ti for the same price as the Lenovo but the system is less upgrade-friendly for the future.
A good thing about the Lenovo is that if you ever want to upgrade the CPU down the line, you can pretty much just drop any other AMD Ryzen in the same socket.
Newbie
May 7, 2021
39 posts
60 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: The Dell G5 Desktop is also going for $899 with the 1650S 4GB GPU. You can upgrade the memory and SSD yourself. Something to consider? A few things about the Dell:

- Proprietary PSU
- Chassis is small and only has two bays for additional drives on top of the M2 slot
- Motherboard is the B460 chipset (I'm pretty sure)
- GPU takes up the entire motherboard so not really room to put anything else
- The side panel is plastic if you choose to go with that option
- The mobo is green so doesn't really look good with the RBG
- The RBG is powered by two LED strips inside

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... 00_sb_s66e

Edit: Here are the GPU options:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ 4GB GDDR6 Included in price
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $150.00
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $250.00
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 2060 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $450.00
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $950.00
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $1,250.00
AMD Radeon RX 5600 with 6GB GDDR6 + CAD $300.00
AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $350.00
AMD® Radeon™ RX 5700 XT with 8GB GDDR6 + CAD $600.00

Edit #2: I don't work for Dell, but have one for my son, and was shopping for another one to see if I could get a GPU for cheap by buying a pre-built PC. :-)
You are basically forced to upgrade the PSU by default, if you plan to upgrade your GPU once the prices start settling. Also, you're also going to want to add another HDD to store games as well as have 16 GB of RAM. For around $1080 with all these upgrades (using the 10% coupon), it is only slightly cheaper than the one in the post, but uses an inferior graphics card.

If you bought this with the 15% cashback from Rakuten, then it would've been a different story.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1187 posts
1463 upvotes
thekoolestkat wrote: You are basically forced to upgrade the PSU by default, if you plan to upgrade your GPU once the prices start settling. Also, you're also going to want to add another HDD to store games as well as have 16 GB of RAM. For around $1080 with all these upgrades (using the 10% coupon), it is only slightly cheaper than the one in the post, but uses an inferior graphics card.

If you bought this with the 15% cashback from Rakuten, then it would've been a different story.
For $1049 you get the 1660S 6GB which is the same GPU as the OP. You don't need to upgrade the PSU. And for the $110 that you'll save vs buying the Lenovo one, you can add an additional 8GB and get more SSD. No?
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1294 posts
501 upvotes
Vancouver
I would first call Canada Computers/Memory Express and see if they can get something for you as full builds get priority for cards.
Newbie
May 7, 2021
39 posts
60 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: For $1049 you get the 1660S 6GB which is the same GPU as the OP. You don't need to upgrade the PSU. And for the $110 that you'll save vs buying the Lenovo one, you can add an additional 8GB and get more SSD. No?
Ultimately depends on whether or not you plan to upgrade the GPU anytime soon. Imo, in the long run, having a 360W power supply will only drag you down. A 360W PSU can't even run a GTX 1070 or a RTX 2060.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1133 posts
762 upvotes
Nanaimo
You can get a G5 with a 2060 and 16B RAM for $1170 after 10% coupon.

Top