[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo M8 FHD ZA5F0023US 8'' tablet New model 150$

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 11:00 am
[OP]
Oct 3, 2006
760 posts
370 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo M8 FHD ZA5F0023US 8'' tablet New model 150$

I'm in the market for a 8 inch tablet, and I found this one with very good specs!

Regular price are 214.99$. Listed at 171.99$ right now (20% off). Rakuten is 9% today, and with coupon code EXTRAFIVE for 5% off, the tablet come to < 150$ + taxes.

Octa-core with 3 gb of RAM... this is a HOT price for a tablet by far superior than galaxy tab A 2019.

Here's the specs:

Processor
MediaTek® Helio P22T, Octa-Core, up to 2.30GHz

Operating System
Android™ 9 Pie™

Display Type
8.0" FHD (1920 x 1200) touchscreen

Memory
3GB LPDDR3

Hard Drive
32GB eMMC

Warranty
1 Year

Bluetooth
Bluetooth® 5.0

Camera
Rear: 5MP Auto-Focus & 8MP Auto-Focus
Front: 2MP Fixed-Focus

Wireless
802.11AC (1 X 1)

Here's the detailled specs: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/TempFi ... 231107.pdf

Here's a comparaison with the so popular Galaxy Tab A 8'' (2019) SM-T290 and so beloved Fire hd 8''.

Screen Resolution:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): 1280 x 800 pixel 189 PPI, capacitive touchscreen, TFT 480 NITS (Daylight reflection are really good with this unit)
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: 1920x1200 Full HD IPS display 189 PPI 350 NITS (Daylight reflection is poor)
Amazon Fire HD 8: 1280 x 800 IPS 307 NITS (Daylight reflection is average)

The resolution of M8 is superior, but the daylight use is inferior.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphic adpater:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): Qualcomm Adreno 504 (Benchmark score: 47.3)
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: Integrated IMG GE8320 GPU (Benchmark score: 54)
Amazon Fire HD 8: ARM Mali-T720 MP2 (benchmark score: 42)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RAM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): 2.0gb
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: 3.0gb
Amazon Fire HD 8: 1.5gb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Storage

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): 32 GB eMMC Flash, SD 512 Max
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: 32GB eMMC, SD 2TB Max
Amazon Fire HD 8: 32GB eMMC, SD 400gb max

Networking

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): Bluetooth 4.2 802.11a/b/g/n (a/b/g/n = Wi-Fi 4), GPS
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: Bluetooth 5.0 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 1x1, 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz Wi-Fi Dual Bands, GPS
Amazon Fire HD 8: 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), NO GPS

Processor (Benchmark using PassMark PerformanceTest Mobile V1 CPU Tests)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8 (SM-T290): Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 2.0GHz (benchmark score : 70208
Lenovo tab 8 FHD: MediaTek Helio P22T (8xARM Cortex-A53, up to 2.3GHz) (benchmark score N/A) But it should be a little bit superior than Snapdragon 429
Amazon Fire HD 8: MT8163V/B ARM Cortex-A53 (1.3 GHz): (benchmark score: 48254)
Last edited by Koolfreak on Apr 23rd, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
190 replies
Dec 4, 2011
31 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Few important points:

1. has headphone jack
2. does not have L1 widevine, so no 720p and up on any most streaming services (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon)
3. microSD expansion like most Lenovo tabs
4. micro USB (not type C)
5. not likely to get Android 10

A decent buy if you're in real need of a cheap-ish tablet.
Jan 23, 2009
318 posts
217 upvotes
VI
Got this for my daughter for xmas. It's decent and the specs are good where they count the most. But good luck finding a case for it.
Nov 19, 2007
237 posts
57 upvotes
Calgary
I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire 10 tablet over this one as it supports both L1 widevine (HD+ for Prime Video) and NetFlix.
Jan 23, 2009
318 posts
217 upvotes
VI
WasabiTDi wrote: I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire 10 tablet over this one as it supports both L1 widevine (HD+ for Prime Video) and NetFlix.
That's what we originally got her haha. The lack of apps and the MUCH larger size killed it for her. I know you can side load the app store but she didn't like the size anyways so we went with the Lenovo instead of the MUCH lower spec fire 8.

She doesn't notice the resolution difference on YouTube on the smaller screen so it's all good for her needs.
Jan 23, 2009
318 posts
217 upvotes
VI
I also think the specs on the camera are listed wrong, it's only got one camera on the back, I'll look in a bit
[OP]
Oct 3, 2006
760 posts
370 upvotes
khanhee wrote: Few important points:

1. has headphone jack
2. does not have L1 widevine, so no 720p and up on any most streaming services (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon)

Thanks for these importants info.

However, I read this on a discussion board: ''I downloaded DRM Info app on my Lenovo Tab M8 FHD and it says Widevine Security Level is L1.

If possible, digidon, can you verify this with DRM INFO app?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5127 posts
1198 upvotes
khanhee wrote: Few important points:

1. has headphone jack

Not sure how good Lenovo generally is with updates, but my P10 originally came with Oreo and was updated to Pie. It is their highest-end tablet, but just thought I'd share.
[OP]
Oct 3, 2006
760 posts
370 upvotes
According to what I've read on discussion board, The rear camera are supposed to be 13 mp... and not 5 ;)
Aug 1, 2018
17 posts
61 upvotes
According to the post on Lenovo forum:
"It took me several tries, but I fixed Netflix on my new Lenovo Tab 8 M8 FHD. Press app and select the I (app info). Disable the app. Do a Google search for "download latest version of Netflix" and download it. You will have to disable the Google app checker. Check the version of Netflix and make sure it is not the same version as the one that come preloaded. It did Work until I got Build 7.48.0 Good Luck"
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1177 posts
126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any idea if this have GPS? Looking for a cheap tab with GPS to mount in car.
Jan 23, 2009
318 posts
217 upvotes
VI
Koolfreak wrote: Thanks for these importants info.

However, I read this on a discussion board: ''I downloaded DRM Info app on my Lenovo Tab M8 FHD and it says Widevine Security Level is L1.

If possible, digidon, can you verify this with DRM INFO app?
DRM info says widevine security level is L1. Confirmed with hardware info app.

I also confirmed with 2 apps that the rear camera is 13.1MP, front camera is 5mp. This was one of the reasons we went with this one as my daughter LOVES making videos with her tablet and most have total garbage for cameras, this one has a better front camera than most rear cameras for tablets.

Nov 4, 2010
165 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver
digidon wrote: DRM info says widevine security level is L1. Confirmed with hardware info app.

I also confirmed with 2 apps that the rear camera is 13.1MP, front camera is 5mp. This was one of the reasons we went with this one as my daughter LOVES making videos with her tablet and most have total garbage for cameras, this one has a better front camera than most rear cameras for tablets.
Sorry, I'm not great at this tech stuff. So are you confirming that this Tablet actually DOES stream in HD for youtube/netflix? Or are you confirming something else...Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)