[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo M8 FHD ZA5F0023US 8'' tablet New model 150$

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 10:24 am
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2381 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Koolfreak wrote: Yeah... I hardwired in my fuse box. And I run tasker + Autoinput for all automation. I modified file with fastboot to auto boot on power (usb) and I scheduled a shutdown 5 minutes after power off USB with tasker + Autoinput. We aren't supposed to be able to do that (shutdown) if unrooted, but with many hours of tries and frustrations, I found a simple way.
any online tutorials ?
May 25, 2011
72 posts
5 upvotes
Anybody has a good deal to recommend? My dad's old Samsung keeps running out of space, need to get a new one for him. Doesn't need to be too fancy or too expensive. It's too late to spot this deal now that it's OOS. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2075 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
Jordanferras wrote: Out of stock deal is dead
You could ask when more stock is coming on their site. It has been OOS before but they restocked a week or so ago
strawberry00 wrote: Anybody has a good deal to recommend? My dad's old Samsung keeps running out of space, need to get a new one for him. Doesn't need to be too fancy or too expensive. It's too late to spot this deal now that it's OOS. Thanks.
Have you considered buying a new SD card? There are plenty of deals on them you can look out for
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/move-andro ... 21279.html here is a guide on how to move it. Lastly, if you're patient, I'm sure these will be restocked again, just be sure to ask on lenovo support as to when it'll happen
That's not a knife!
Nov 9, 2003
821 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
It's back in stock today at $171.99 and Lenovo Canada is 11% cashback on Rakuten at the moment. EXTRAFIVE still seems to work as well
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8251 posts
11317 upvotes
Stinky wrote: I did some further digging and I think this one fits the bill:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086DVJY19/

It has room for the rear camera flash and the space for the USB charging port seems to be in the right place...
I was going to go with this clear one just for the simplicity of it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B082NK7HTN

This one is $1.52 shipped with the "new user" coupon

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000782047690.html
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12785 posts
3281 upvotes
RFD
Anyone can show some outdoor photo samples? Trying to figure out if this has decent back facing camera.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1042 posts
546 upvotes
Vancouver
drdtyc wrote: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/tablets/an ... ZA5F0023US

Still available today 8 May at 12,30pm Eastern Time @$139.99
Add coupon EXTRAFIVE to save 5% = $7
Sale price = $132.99
Rakuten has 15% rebate on Lenovo products = $19.99
You effectively paying $113

Screenshot_2020-05-08_12-36-48.png
I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to drdtyc for posting this screenshot from May 8 with the $132.99 price. I submitted it to Lenovo for my April 24 purchase and got back $30! My final price (including taxes, and after Rakuten cashback) was only $138.28! There isn't a lot a competition when it comes to Android 8" tablets but I consider this tablet quite the steal even at the regular price, as long as you are not a power user.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3517 posts
3071 upvotes
Markham
AEmgee wrote: I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to drdtyc for posting this screenshot from May 8 with the $132.99 price. I submitted it to Lenovo for my April 24 purchase and got back $30! My final price (including taxes, and after Rakuten cashback) was only $138.28! There isn't a lot a competition when it comes to Android 8" tablets but I consider this tablet quite the steal even at the regular price, as long as you are not a power user.
Glad that my simple screenshot can help you saving some money.
This is in the true spirit of joining RFD forum - to share news and to spread the savings to everyone!
Apr 23, 2008
968 posts
145 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to drdtyc for posting this screenshot from May 8 with the $132.99 price. I submitted it to Lenovo for my April 24 purchase and got back $30! My final price (including taxes, and after Rakuten cashback) was only $138.28! There isn't a lot a competition when it comes to Android 8" tablets but I consider this tablet quite the steal even at the regular price, as long as you are not a power user.
drdtyc wrote: Glad that my simple screenshot can help you saving some money.
This is in the true spirit of joining RFD forum - to share news and to spread the savings to everyone!
Is the 15% rebate on Lenovo still available? how do you do it to get the discount? chat or call Lenovo or Rakuten?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8251 posts
11317 upvotes
A little off topic, but how do you remove the screen on the left that constantly shows the news feeds?

Also whenever an icon is added to the Home Screen, why does it always create a 3rd screen to the right?

I move it on the true home screen which is now in the middle, and the 3rd screen goes away.
Jan 23, 2009
324 posts
219 upvotes
VI
I ended up ordering a silicone skin cover before I saw the flip cover mentioned. I don't have a use for both also if somebody wants it I paid 10 bucks for it and would just want postage and somewhere around that cost and it's yours.
Oct 31, 2002
41 posts
20 upvotes
Oakville, ON
digidon wrote: I ended up ordering a silicone skin cover before I saw the flip cover mentioned. I don't have a use for both also if somebody wants it I paid 10 bucks for it and would just want postage and somewhere around that cost and it's yours.
FYI, I had an issue with the flip cover I purchased about a month ago from here:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B086DTT8KM/

One of the corners that keeps the tablet in place cracked and now the tablet doesn't sit properly in the "cradle". Not sure why it cracked; I didn't drop it or anything.

The flip case is definitely cheaply made compared with other, nicer tablet cases I've had such as the official Samsung covers. Oh, well. You get what you pay for.