Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo P14s, Ryzen 4750U, 8GB ram upgradeable $1149

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2020 3:46 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 1, 2020
120 posts
62 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo P14s, Ryzen 4750U, 8GB ram upgradeable $1149

For those considering a T series laptop, Lenovo has a P14s that is essentially identical to the T14s for $200 cheaper.

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/ibmeppfrie ... 2WSP144SA1

My research shows that the only difference between these two laptops is likely the driver.
Last edited by BankArsonist on Nov 4th, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 25, 2017
171 posts
242 upvotes
GTA
I’m only seeing the 4750U not the “H” variant
Member
Jan 21, 2010
435 posts
452 upvotes
Brantford
Looks like this is available with up to 16GB soldered RAM and up to another 32GB slotted, but not customizable on the Canadian Lenovo site atm. It also has RJ45. The configurations on the Canadian website also have the lowest end 250 nits displays. There are configurations in other markets with 300, 400, and 500 nits displays. Might be worth waiting a bit for those options to become available.
Last edited by jfd3220 on Nov 4th, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 1, 2020
120 posts
62 upvotes
neroses wrote: I’m only seeing the 4750U not the “H” variant
Sorry I corrected the title. I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a 4750H.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Oct 1, 2020
120 posts
62 upvotes
jfd3220 wrote: Looks like this is available with up to 16GB soldered RAM and up to another 32GB slotted, but not customizable on the Canadian Lenovo site atm. It also has RJ45. The configurations on the Canadian website also have the lowest end 250 nits displays. There are configurations in other markets with 300, 400, and 500 nits displays. Might be worth waiting a bit for those options to become available.
I'm guessing that by that point, this price will be gone. P series usually are more expensive than the T series.
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2019
914 posts
2901 upvotes
BankArsonist wrote: I'm guessing that by that point, this price will be gone. P series usually are more expensive than the T series.
The review of the 250 nit display is very bad. I would recommend to stay away from it.

Display is something you look at whenever the laptop is in use. A reasonably good display is a must IMO.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
9916 posts
2094 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Workstation usually come with discrete gpu for graphics not gaming, these don't
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10430 posts
6939 upvotes
wlee wrote: Workstation usually come with discrete gpu for graphics not gaming, these don't
Yeah, it's somewhat out of the norm.

Workstations are ISV certified, for specific applications. dGPU may / may not be required base on which application(s) / field.

https://www.thinkworkstations.com/isv-certifications/
Last edited by chatbox on Nov 4th, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10430 posts
6939 upvotes
qfli78 wrote: The review of the 250 nit display is very bad. I would recommend to stay away from it.

Display is something you look at whenever the laptop is in use. A reasonably good display is a must IMO.
Agree. At this price point, and there's no dGPU, and it's not customizable... maybe the T or X series AMD variants might be more suitable for most people. (There's very limited valid use case to get a P series with no dGPU).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 5, 2005
2252 posts
1216 upvotes
250 nit makes it a no-no. Id say 300 and above. weird they would spec their P series with such a cheap screen
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1390 posts
327 upvotes
Richmond Hill
IBM EPP? Mean not for everyone right?
Member
Jan 29, 2010
331 posts
126 upvotes
Victoria
Rakuten is offering 9% as of last night on Lenevo
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2019
914 posts
2901 upvotes
Psyclist wrote: 250 nit makes it a no-no. Id say 300 and above. weird they would spec their P series with such a cheap screen
It is probably target at company's IT department. The cheap screen can help to encourage employees to use the laptop for work only.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 27, 2004
13236 posts
2465 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
You should write "ThinkPad" in the title because nobody wants regular Lenovo crap.
Member
User avatar
Jul 16, 2002
272 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
I haven't seen P series with AMD before, but historically, older P series that had discrete GPUs were based on Quadro chips anyways which weren't great for gaming. I haven't looked at comparisons but I would guess the inbuilt Vega 7 on the 4750U would outperfom a Quadro.
Autobots, Transform and Roll Out!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
3220 posts
2103 upvotes
Langley
How does AMD's tiering system work compared to Intels i3, i5, i7?
Sr. Member
Sep 5, 2019
914 posts
2901 upvotes
Price for this model drops to $977 via EPP today.

Top