Expired Hot Deals

Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Smart Clock 40% off @ $71.50 (reg. $120).

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2022 2:07 pm
19 replies
Nov 19, 2013
5 posts
14 upvotes
HALIFAX
That's right and still cheaper than the one from Lenovo's web store.
Jun 2, 2022
49 posts
92 upvotes
cinocihan wrote: Isn't this the same one at Best Buy? $65
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... b/15755828
Looks the same but limited to just that colour on bb market place. Would be interested in a Heather Grey with charging dock but I don't see it.

Reading reviews the charger is finicky, anyone have experience with this for pixel6?

Can you use this with a baby monitor app to display, like the nanit? Will it auto display nest doorbell if someone rings the doorbell like the nest hub? This looks promising for a clock in my den, replacing the hub2. Any first hand experience with this would be appreciated!
Dec 17, 2017
179 posts
233 upvotes
It has been this price since labor day. Not a great price I think
May 3, 2013
733 posts
391 upvotes
Toronto
Something that's not advertised about this clock is that the wireless charger has some sort of magnet on it, I think it's designed for magsafe (but not quite as strong, so not sure). Although, my flip phone also can "snap" onto the magnet for charging.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3170 posts
1752 upvotes
hurricane wrote: I've looked at using for a bedside clock before, but I like to wake up to the radio and I can't see a way to do that. Is it possible?
Apparently so: https://www.alphr.com/google-home-set-music-alarm/
“Hey Google, set an alarm for Monday 7 AM that plays Coldplay.”
“Hey Google, set a [radio station name] radio alarm for 9 AM tomorrow.”
“Hey Google, set a jazz music alarm for 8 AM on Tuesday.”
“Hey Google, set a media alarm for 7 AM every day.” Google will then ask you which song you want to play at this time. You can answer with a song, album, playlist, or band.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Oct 27, 2016
94 posts
141 upvotes
NB
I have 2 Lenovo clocks (essential and smart). Both work great. You can wake up to the radio by saying "Wake me up at XX AM every week day to this radio station" <- this works fine
If the nest hub is the same price though, it would be the better option.
Jan 9, 2003
507 posts
318 upvotes
Ajax
Freddydood wrote: I have 2 Lenovo clocks (essential and smart). Both work great. You can wake up to the radio by saying "Wake me up at XX AM every week day to this radio station" <- this works fine
If the nest hub is the same price though, it would be the better option.
Well I just tried this and that phrase works. Thanks! When the radio stars, it's really loud on my Gen 1 Nest Hub. Anyway to control that?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3363 posts
2888 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: Levono's QA is also suspect! my Essential clock started losing "pixels" after 2 years.
Mine is doing the exact same thing. 7am looks like 1am.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
3170 posts
1752 upvotes
hurricane wrote: I have a gen 1 hub and have tried this, and it doesn't work. If like to hear from someone who may have got it to work.
Just tried "Lady Gaga" alarm on my gen 1 nest hub. It works, but likely you have to set your Assistant's language to Yankee, not Canuck.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Oct 27, 2016
94 posts
141 upvotes
NB
hurricane wrote: Well I just tried this and that phrase works. Thanks! When the radio stars, it's really loud on my Gen 1 Nest Hub. Anyway to control that?
I don't have it but you try this?

Change volume of alarms and timers
Android iPhone & iPad
You can change the volume of alarms and timers on your Google Nest or Home speaker or display. This includes Google Home, Google Nest Mini (2nd gen), Google Home Mini (1st gen), Google Home Max, Google Nest Audio, Google Nest Hub, and Google Nest Hub Max.

Make sure your mobile device or tablet is linked to the same account as your speaker or display.
Open the Google Home app .
Touch and hold your device's tile.
Tap Settings and then Audio and then Alarms & timers.
Adjust the volume.
Jan 9, 2003
507 posts
318 upvotes
Ajax
hurricane wrote: Well I just tried this and that phrase works. Thanks! When the radio stars, it's really loud on my Gen 1 Nest Hub. Anyway to control that?
OK found it, controlled via the Home app.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)