[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 2nd Gen 4GB/64GB eMMC - $215.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 1:11 pm
[OP]
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
637 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 2nd Gen 4GB/64GB eMMC - $215.99

I was looking for a cheap tablet and this one is cheap enough. While it says Android Pie...they have recently released Android 10 update.

MediaTek® P22 Tab, Octa Core 4 x 2.3 GHz + 4 x 1.6GHz
Android™ Pie
10.3" FHD (1920 x 1200) IPS, TDDI, touchscreen, 220 PPI, 330 nits
4 GB LPDDR4 (Soldered)
64 GB eMMC
One Year
Li-Polymer
Bluetooth® 5.0
Rear: 8 MP auto-focus
Front: 5 MP fixed-focus
802.11AC (1 x 1)

Password: GoldWorkPerks2020

There's 5% Rakuten as well.
71 replies
Feb 6, 2019
151 posts
98 upvotes
Using the Rakuten extension in Firefox, I was not able to figure out how to get the discounted price and 5% cash back at the same time. As soon as I activated Rakuten, I was back to the regular price.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
637 upvotes
melias2 wrote: Using the Rakuten extension in Firefox, I was not able to figure out how to get the discounted price and 5% cash back at the same time. As soon as I activated Rakuten, I was back to the regular price.
Once you have activated the cashback...copy the URL above and paste it on the same browser tab you used to activate Rakuten.
Aug 15, 2019
27 posts
700 upvotes
svtquattro wrote: There's the 2GB/16GB version of the M10 at Walmart.ca on clearance for $150 free shipping.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lenovo-101 ... 0201719703

Also comes with the "Smart Dock"

EDIT: It's not totally clear but I think this one is Gen 1 that I posted....
Thanks, purchased!
crow13 wrote: With 16GB of storage..The max price for this should be no more than $100.
It's definitely worth $150. I've scoured the web far and wide and can't find any 1080p 10.1" tablet from a reputable vendor for <$199.
Jul 8, 2009
56 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks for post.
Look over the link, found this Smart Tab M10 Plus (2nd Gen) with the Google Assistant at $234, just wondering is this worth 20 buck more?
[OP]
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
637 upvotes
mystj wrote: Thanks for post.
Look over the link, found this Smart Tab M10 Plus (2nd Gen) with the Google Assistant at $234, just wondering is this worth 20 buck more?
If you are not going to put a case on the tablet then it's probably worthwhile to get it.
Feb 15, 2005
596 posts
252 upvotes
Calgary
Spending the extra ~15 to get the Smart Dock for the same tablet seems worth it:
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/workperksc ... ZITZTMST0X

I'm curious if anyone has real world experience with M10 Google Assistant?

I was debating between this and the Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab, and opted for the Yoga, because the "dock" is essentially built in and can be carried around anywhere.
I can conveniently keep beside, or move to another room to work out and still use google assistant, etc.

I will give a quick review of the Yoga Smart Tab:
Picked it up for ~220.
The display and usability is great. Sometimes I end up watching shows on it rather than the tv due to convenience and portability. Fast enough. Screen is lacking, but I wasn't buying it for that. Mostly wanted a dual purpose Google Home device and tablet. When asleep, it displays my shared Google photo album, which is great.

The biggest Con, is that it isn't a Google Home Device.
Google home devices (ex. Nest / google Mini / Lenovo Smart Displays) will know about eachother and only answer back on one device. This is a tablet with Google Assistant listening when asleep, it can answer at the same time as a Google Home device, so sometimes I'll get duplicate replies.

It also only recognizes one person's voice, which is a huge downside. (I'm experimenting with having 2 google accounts logged into the tablet, but at the same time it more of a public/shared device so its tricky.)

I'm hoping someone can reply about the M10, and confirm it is the same or different.
Jul 30, 2012
59 posts
23 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Lenovo's product naming has always been so confused!

M10 with Smart Dock
M10 Plus
Smart Tab M10 (includes Smart Dock of a different variety)
Yoga Smart Tab
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2911 posts
240 upvotes
svtquattro wrote: Lenovo's product naming has always been so confused!

M10 with Smart Dock
M10 Plus
Smart Tab M10 (includes Smart Dock of a different variety)
Yoga Smart Tab
Trust this, model name is made confusing by design

Look at Samsung and Apple lately, it is not made by mistake
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2911 posts
240 upvotes
evilution wrote: It also only recognizes one person's voice, which is a huge downside. (I'm experimenting with having 2 google accounts logged into the tablet, but at the same time it more of a public/shared device so its tricky.)

I'm hoping someone can reply about the M10, and confirm it is the same or different.
There is option "deep" in the menu to turn off personal voice recon
Jun 23, 2015
25 posts
34 upvotes
Westmount, QC
chatbox wrote: Lenovo is a Chinese brand, right?
Yes It's now chinese owned, if I recall, it s formally the spinoff of the IBM PC division.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2728 posts
2259 upvotes
Toronto
SkyHawk wrote: Yes It's now chinese owned, if I recall, it s formally the spinoff of the IBM PC division.
Liu Chuanzhi, along with a group of ten experienced engineers, officially founded Lenovo in Beijing on November 1, 1984.

Lenovo acquired IBM's personal computer business in 2005, including the ThinkPad laptop and tablet lines. Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's personal computer division accelerated access to foreign markets while improving both Lenovo's branding and technology. Lenovo paid US$1.25 billion for IBM's computer business and assumed an additional US$500 million of IBM's debt. This acquisition made Lenovo the third-largest computer maker worldwide by volume.

In regards to the purchase of IBM's personal computer division, Liu Chuanzhi said, "We benefited in three ways from the IBM acquisition. We got the ThinkPad brand, IBM's more advanced PC manufacturing technology and the company's international resources, such as its global sales channels and operation teams. These three elements have shored up our sales revenue in the past several years." The people of ThinkPad laptops and ThinkCentre desktops are also part of the Lenovo team now. Not only the brand, Lenovo also owned the award engineers, manufacturing team, etc.

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo#19 ... e_division
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3286 posts
5913 upvotes
Laval
been watch the price since Nov, this price is the reg discount price, also waiting for the new model to come out.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1251 posts
439 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I'm also looking a tablet, it seems the new one P11 is great.