Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 2nd Gen 4GB/64GB eMMC - $215.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 7:48 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10225 posts
6461 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: ...
In regards to the purchase of IBM's personal computer division, Liu Chuanzhi said, "We benefited in three ways from the IBM acquisition. We got the ThinkPad brand, IBM's more advanced PC manufacturing technology and the company's international resources, such as its global sales channels and operation teams. These three elements have shored up our sales revenue in the past several years." The people of ThinkPad laptops and ThinkCentre desktops are also part of the Lenovo team now. Not only the brand, Lenovo also owned the award engineers, manufacturing team, etc.

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenovo#19 ... e_division
LoL...the choice of word there.

Lately, I've been thinking about supply chain implications since this time last month... Should one be concerned?
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
nulldev wrote: It's definitely worth $150. I've scoured the web far and wide and can't find any 1080p 10.1" tablet from a reputable vendor for <$199.
There is more to it than just the screen, unless you are repurposing it as a smart frame. The killer for this tablet is the SD 450 CPU from 2017 it has.

To put things into perspective that's the same CPU from the Moto E4 phone, even back then it wasn't a CPU made to be taken seriously, anything past the most basic things will be a challenge when it comes to responsiveness, and because it was low end out of the door in 2017 it didn't really age well (and why would it? it's not like apps are getting any less resource intensive these days).
Newbie
Aug 15, 2019
27 posts
700 upvotes
aasoror wrote: There is more to it than just the screen, unless you are repurposing it as a smart frame. The killer for this tablet is the SD 450 CPU from 2017 it has.

To put things into perspective that's the same CPU from the Moto E4 phone, even back then it wasn't a CPU made to be taken seriously, anything past the most basic things will be a challenge when it comes to responsiveness, and because it was low end out of the door in 2017 it didn't really age well (and why would it? it's not like apps are getting any less resource intensive these days).
For reference I actually own a tablet with a Snapdragon 450 (ref: walmart-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-5-29-ymmv ... #p33202159) and I can tell you that although it's not the fastest thing it definitely still holds up today. Web browsing is pretty smooth and media consumption is good too. It has hardware decoding support for H264 and even H265 (10-bit not supported though). Gaming is not a good idea though.

Looking at the "Gen 2" tablet in the OP, it has a MediaTek® P22 which from my understanding performs on-par or even worse than the Snapdragon 450.

So again, my conclusion is still that the $150 tablet is worth its price.
Moderator
User avatar
Dec 27, 2007
21014 posts
12397 upvotes
Kitchener
nulldev wrote: For reference I actually own a tablet with a Snapdragon 450 (ref: walmart-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-5-29-ymmv ... #p33202159) and I can tell you that although it's not the fastest thing it definitely still holds up today. Web browsing is pretty smooth and media consumption is good too.
I guess it all comes to usage scenarios and expectations, it might be just me but I can't recommend it today in good conscience to anyone with $150 to spare (at $29 from that thread it's a totally different story though).
And you are right, the P22 (despite being a year newer, more energy-efficient, and with tad faster cores) will fair similarly (when all other specs are the same) in most practical use cases, so people paying $216 for it should also be forewarned.
Newbie
Jul 22, 2008
39 posts
50 upvotes
Ebay has the 4/128 one with Alexa Dock for 225. Image does not show the dock but model number indicates it is Gen 2 with dock.
EBay URL
Lenovo URL
[OP]
Sr. Member
Nov 12, 2009
549 posts
626 upvotes
stevieg wrote: Ebay has the 4/128 one with Alexa Dock for 225. Image does not show the dock but model number indicates it is Gen 2 with dock.
EBay URL
Lenovo URL
Thanks. This makes it a better deal so I'm gonna go with this. Too bad I didn't see this yesterday when I was looking at their eBay Store.
Member
User avatar
Jan 1, 2008
298 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal
svtquattro wrote: There's the 2GB/16GB version of the M10 at Walmart.ca on clearance for $150 free shipping.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lenovo-101 ... 0201719703

Also comes with the "Smart Dock"

EDIT: It's not totally clear but I think this one is Gen 1 that I posted....
My 10 years old Nexus 10 is 16GB/2GBRAM and still a capable tablet for basic browsing/movies, the screen is still very good by today's standards (2560x1600)
Member
Sep 26, 2017
296 posts
202 upvotes
I read the same. Kinda ruins it for ppl looking at this for netflix purposes
Member
Aug 25, 2019
418 posts
429 upvotes
crow13 wrote: With 16GB of storage..The max price for this should be no more than $100.
Any idea why its called a Smart Dock?
"It is not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." - Anonymous
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1963 posts
912 upvotes
SCOPster wrote: Any idea why its called a Smart Dock?
It has Amazon Alexa Echo Show built in ...when you dock the Tablet..the display becomes as Amazon Echo Show with all features. If someone does not want to invest in a Google Nest Hub or Echo Show...this is a good option for them as they can have a full fledged HD Tablet + the echo show + the dock as a loud Speaker

If you see the reviews one person posted a picture of the Echo Show Screen on this Tab... this is something I like the most about cheap Lenovo HD Tablets
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2005
594 posts
248 upvotes
Calgary
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: It has Amazon Alexa Echo Show built in ...when you dock the Tablet..the display becomes as Amazon Echo Show with all features. If someone does not want to invest in a Google Nest Hub or Echo Show...this is a good option for them as they can have a full fledged HD Tablet + the echo show + the dock as a loud Speaker

If you see the reviews one person posted a picture of the Echo Show Screen on this Tab... this is something I like the most about cheap Lenovo HD Tablets
I think you're talking about 1st Gen.
2nd Gen has google assistant in their Smart dock.
It makes more sense to combine Android + Google assistant.

I'm just not sure if it is a Google home device.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1963 posts
912 upvotes
evilution wrote: I think you're talking about 1st Gen.
2nd Gen has google assistant in their Smart dock.
It makes more sense to combine Android + Google assistant.

I'm just not sure if it is a Google home device.
I was referring towards the one Walmart is selling for $150
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5554 posts
3491 upvotes
M-Arkham
I thiink the Yoga smart tab from blk friday was a better deal
u can put in an emulator and hook up a bt control pad, turn the whole thing to a mobile arcade unit for games like Street Fighter

Blk friday deal thread:
lenovo-canada-yoga-smart-tab-google-ass ... #p33613070
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9543 posts
1945 upvotes
Edmonton
stevieg wrote: Ebay has the 4/128 one with Alexa Dock for 225. Image does not show the dock but model number indicates it is Gen 2 with dock.
EBay URL
Lenovo URL
You (or anyone) able to comment on this vs Samsung's A7 tablet?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1342 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there a modern Android tablet I can connect to a monitor and/or TV? They used to have a micro or mini HDMI port, but now they all seem to have just USB-C (not for display) and microSD. I'd prefer something in 7" or 8" if possible though might have to settle for 10".
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9543 posts
1945 upvotes
Edmonton
aw1883 wrote: Is there a modern Android tablet I can connect to a monitor and/or TV? They used to have a micro or mini HDMI port, but now they all seem to have just USB-C (not for display) and microSD. I'd prefer something in 7" or 8" if possible though might have to settle for 10".
Can't you just use a usb-c to hdmi adapter?
Newbie
Feb 27, 2009
65 posts
92 upvotes
ontario
wait the new M11 PRO is coming out with hdmi out and its almost as fast as a S6.
Member
Nov 4, 2006
386 posts
444 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone still running their modded HP Touchpads from 9 years ago?

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

PPHOTDOG, BoombasticSloth