[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 2nd Gen 4GB/64GB eMMC - $215.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 1:11 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2008
1168 posts
1250 upvotes
Northern Ontario
ryk1998 wrote: Anyone still running their modded HP Touchpads from 9 years ago?
i oddly still have mine... threw it in my closet lol. I wonder if it worth it out.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
637 upvotes
clseea wrote: You (or anyone) able to comment on this vs Samsung's A7 tablet?
I was comparing them the other day when A7 was one of my choices..

M10+ compared to A7:
- a little slower processor performance
- 1GB more in RAM (4GB vs 3GB)
- Metal body vs plastic
- Considerably cheaper for what you get. (128GB storage for $224 vs 32GB for $329)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1251 posts
439 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mittwaffen wrote: wait the new M11 PRO is coming out with hdmi out and its almost as fast as a S6.
P11 or M11
[OP]
Nov 12, 2009
550 posts
637 upvotes
mittwaffen wrote: wait the new M11 PRO is coming out with hdmi out and its almost as fast as a S6.
P11 PRO is not in the same price level as this M10+ so it's not an option to wait for those people wanting a cheap tablet but on the other hand...Tab P11 is worth it if you can wait.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2011
9548 posts
1948 upvotes
Edmonton
crow13 wrote: I was comparing them the other day when A7 was one of my choices..

M10+ compared to A7:
- a little slower processor performance
- 1GB more in RAM (4GB vs 3GB)
- Metal body vs plastic
- Considerably cheaper for what you get. (128GB storage for $224 vs 32GB for $329)
I managed to get the 64GB A7 for $268 all in but I'm still waiting for it to ship to me. Seeing this deal I'm not sure if it's worth the extra though. Only really plan on watching shows/movies and casual web use. Not for gaming or any intense app usage
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
3286 posts
5913 upvotes
Laval
I am every night read e books in bed with it.
Nov 25, 2003
498 posts
218 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
screw that.

Still using my Dell Axim X5 from like over a decade ago! (re: redflagdeals X5 price error thread).

Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I've been away for a while....
Sep 21, 2019
288 posts
201 upvotes
FireHD10 2019 CPU destroys anything in this price range. But double the RAM on the Lenovo.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3341 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
I don't know how to mod mine. So it sits in a box somewhere.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3341 posts
840 upvotes
Toronto
liquor wrote: My 10 years old Nexus 10 is 16GB/2GBRAM and still a capable tablet for basic browsing/movies, the screen is still very good by today's standards (2560x1600)
It's only 8 years old (introduced 2012 November 13).

I still use mine but the battery is really weak. The howto videos on battery replacement don't make it look trivial.

We also have a Nexus 7 (second version) limping along.

There do not seem to be inexpensive tablets that are as good. I guess iPads are the way to go -- Android tablets are a shrinking breed.

On topic -- first gen M20 experience:
  • the Alexa dock won't function as a speaker without Alexa. Seems odd and unfortunate. We don't want something listening to us.
  • the lack of Widevine is limiting.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
5568 posts
3496 upvotes
M-Arkham
for 10" screen tablet, I found RAm to be more important then raw cpu perrformance
1x Zoomer $45 for 7GB ,unlimited can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
1x Fido $45 for 4Gb w/ unlimited Canada wide n 1000 int min + LG velvet 5G
Nov 4, 2006
398 posts
455 upvotes
Vancouver
Hugh wrote: I don't know how to mod mine. So it sits in a box somewhere.
research online..will accept up to a certain android firmware with a few issues but worth it...very good screen resolution on the HP....
Aug 6, 2012
281 posts
109 upvotes
TORONTO
2Riskit wrote: I am every night read e books in bed with it.
Know anyone who could use a free charging stand for one? The tablet itself broke a few years ago and the wireless charging is non-standard so can't use it for anything else. Hate throwing out things that aren't broken like the stand.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1389 posts
451 upvotes
Ottawa
Have the exact tablet, bought from b&h at $269 a while ago. So the price is definitely right at $220.

A few things to watch out for:
- limited choice of cases. Lenovo naming scheme also make it really confusing when buying accessories.
- no hdmi out. Doesn't work with dongle.
- no Netflix hd.
- battery life is average.
Mar 8, 2017
96 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
I sold mine and then made a few hundred bucks from modding it for others...
May 10, 2010
541 posts
827 upvotes
London
stevieg wrote: Ebay has the 4/128 one with Alexa Dock for 225. Image does not show the dock but model number indicates it is Gen 2 with dock.
EBay URL
Lenovo URL
Can anyone confirm if you can just remove the Alexa service and use Google Assistant with the dock? For the price of the tablet that's pretty good. We don't use Alexa at home anymore, everything's switched over to Google Assistant.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1137 posts
436 upvotes
Brandon
evilution wrote: Spending the extra ~15 to get the Smart Dock for the same tablet seems worth it:
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/workperksc ... ZITZTMST0X

I'm curious if anyone has real world experience with M10 Google Assistant?

I was debating between this and the Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab, and opted for the Yoga, because the "dock" is essentially built in and can be carried around anywhere.
I can conveniently keep beside, or move to another room to work out and still use google assistant, etc.

I will give a quick review of the Yoga Smart Tab:
Picked it up for ~220.
The display and usability is great. Sometimes I end up watching shows on it rather than the tv due to convenience and portability. Fast enough. Screen is lacking, but I wasn't buying it for that. Mostly wanted a dual purpose Google Home device and tablet. When asleep, it displays my shared Google photo album, which is great.

The biggest Con, is that it isn't a Google Home Device.
Google home devices (ex. Nest / google Mini / Lenovo Smart Displays) will know about eachother and only answer back on one device. This is a tablet with Google Assistant listening when asleep, it can answer at the same time as a Google Home device, so sometimes I'll get duplicate replies.

It also only recognizes one person's voice, which is a huge downside. (I'm experimenting with having 2 google accounts logged into the tablet, but at the same time it more of a public/shared device so its tricky.)

I'm hoping someone can reply about the M10, and confirm it is the same or different.
What is the password?
May 27, 2007
271 posts
24 upvotes
Montreal
svtquattro wrote: Lenovo's product naming has always been so confused!

M10 with Smart Dock
M10 Plus
Smart Tab M10 (includes Smart Dock of a different variety)
Yoga Smart Tab
you tell me about it. So apparently, the Smart Tab M10 FHD (Gen 2) with Amazon Alexa (https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/workperksc ... MD00000426) which includes a Smart Dock is cheaper than the ones with Google Assistant which don't seem include a Smart Dock. Their prices and namings are f*cked up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)