Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo ThinkPad E15 AMD 4700u 8GB ram 256GB / 4500u 16GB ram 512GB back in stock $796.05

[OP]
Aug 4, 2004
489 posts
260 upvotes

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo ThinkPad E15 AMD 4700u 8GB ram 256GB / 4500u 16GB ram 512GB back in stock $796.05

Password: PerkPol@2021 (thanks for reminding me to update this)

Wasn't the lowest as it was $778 before, now you can choose between better CPU or more ram and HD for the same price. Returning the Dell Inspiron as I could not stand the silver keyboard.

Good luck for the cask back, my rep did a quote for me but we have been having trouble to convert it to order so she needed to send the quote to my other email account which is not with Perkoplis and my cash back worked that way.

I was very tempted with the Thinkbook deals but I realized the number pad is very important to me and my kids, therefore must go with this one.
Last edited by cellsell on Mar 10th, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
Looking for a cheap laptop? RFD Reviews has a list of the best laptops under $500!
29 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10361 posts
6835 upvotes
Eeeeeeee....you can be certain that the panel is going to be crap.
[OP]
Aug 4, 2004
489 posts
260 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Eeeeeeee....you can be certain that the panel is going to be crap.
I agree with you... even the Dell one at the similar price range is same crap panel. I guess it depends on which is more important to the user.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
3795 posts
909 upvotes
Brampton
Screen is fine on mine. Not as bright or accurate as more expensive laptops, but you get what you pay for.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Dec 15, 2017
384 posts
370 upvotes
Calgary
Regret not getting the P14s when it was on sale
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Sep 1, 2015
791 posts
935 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Eeeeeeee....you can be certain that the panel is going to be crap.
As compared to what? Show me a single laptop please approaching any kind of these specs and this price with a panel better than 250 nits panel at 1080p and 45% NTSC. The only panels I have seen at 300-400 nits or 144hz refresh are either gaming laptops with older features or they cost easily $500 more.

I have purchased and seen 3 laptops at 15.6" this year, and tried 2 more all with 4500u or 4700u processors, and not a single one had a screen better than 220 to 250 nits especially under $1000.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5547 posts
1298 upvotes
Bought this laptop for $778 a few weeks ago but going in the mail tomroow. Too bad as I liked the laptop but don't need it. I had a feeling that Toronto schools wouldn't go back to in person learning but was wrong. The plan was for one of my kids was going to take my old ThinkPad 13 and I would use the e15 instead. Oh well. The 13 is still a great machine for me.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
3548 posts
926 upvotes
Toronto
Mine is also being returned unless Lenovo can credit me enough to keep it lol

3 main problems

1) LCD is misaligned with the surrounding bezel (left side shows a larger gap than right side)
2) backlight bleeding (not much but still visible)
3) CPU goes up to 100C or higher when running full load on performance mode (this is the big one)
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5547 posts
1298 upvotes
maritrunks wrote: Mine is also being returned unless Lenovo can credit me enough to keep it lol

3 main problems

1) LCD is misaligned with the surrounding bezel (left side shows a larger gap than right side)
2) backlight bleeding (not much but still visible)
3) CPU goes up to 100C or higher when running full load on performance mode (this is the big one)
So maybe it was a good thing I didn't buy your unit lol! Side note, pretty easy return process with Lenovo...my first time returning something to them.
Dec 29, 2020
19 posts
25 upvotes
Burnaby
Just a curious question, will return rate be lower if Lenovo can only do in person return...
Apr 18, 2013
232 posts
137 upvotes
Cambridge
Deal is on for $796 now

E-coupon - THINKMARSALE
Sep 5, 2019
498 posts
1108 upvotes
spinbot wrote: Password required for access to perkopolis?
Edited the post above to add the passcode.
Apr 15, 2010
7 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton
cellsell wrote: Returning the Dell Inspiron as I could not stand the silver keyboard.
I was very tempted with the Thinkbook deals but I realized the number pad is very important to me and my kids, therefore must go with this one.
Same here, returned 2 Inspiron, just because of the keyboard was not legible under pot light. That is why I'm asking, are you having any problem with E15? I was going to wait for a good deal in Thinkbook line.
Nov 23, 2004
789 posts
1395 upvotes
Ontario
TigerKingDeals wrote: Does 7% Rakuten stack?
I feel they're catching onto us. Did two Lenovo laptop orders recently through Perkopolis+Rakuten and the browser plugin seemed to catch them, but didn't credit me. I opened a ticket on the first one, and after a couple weeks Rakuten wrote back and said that because I ordered through the Perkopolis deal site (a competitor basically) that the product didn't quality, but that they would extend the credit to me anyway and I got $78 back (sweet!). I'm going to try the same thing for the second order and just hope they don't look at my ticket history lol I'd rather take a chance at free money and fail, than not try at all! But it seems to be a hard YMMV depending who you get on the other end if your Rakuten doesn't pickup the credit automatically and you need a ticket.
Dec 6, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
is Perkopolis deal site only for certain users or anyone can purchase laptop from there with discount price? Does Lenovo check email address or anything to verify users? Never purchased or used Lenovo laptop, but want to buy one for myself for working, don't like Dell, HP Elitebook is expense. Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2961 posts
745 upvotes
Ships in 5 to 8 WEEKS fyi
Nov 23, 2004
789 posts
1395 upvotes
Ontario
mosaic99 wrote: is Perkopolis deal site only for certain users or anyone can purchase laptop from there with discount price? Does Lenovo check email address or anything to verify users? Never purchased or used Lenovo laptop, but want to buy one for myself for working, don't like Dell, HP Elitebook is expense. Thanks
No email validation or anything. Their "password" is the only very poor verification system for the discounts. Perkopolis is a work perks program that companies can buy into, so there really isn't any "validation" beyond having the password since employees would buy under their personal emails anyway. I've bought two Lenovo laptops through RFD perkopolis shares in the last month.